Lexmoto LXR won’t start

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 09:10 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to work the initial problem.

The bike will not start or run on a closed throttle. It will start and run on an open throttle, but you have to keep working it to keep it alive. It is also burning twice the fuel it used to. The bike is fuel injected.

It sounds like a fuel problem. The initial starting problem sounds like low fuel flow, which could be caused by a clogged fuel filter or a failing pump. However, the excessive fuel burn means it could be the other way - a clogged or stuck-open injector causing too much fuel. Too rich to start on a closed throttle, needs an open throttle to get enough air in. This would also explain the excessive fuel burn.

To test, I would remove the injector and see if it dribbles/squirts fuel at the wrong time.

However, I wouldn't do any of this at all. I would talk to the dealer and get them to fix it. The only bonus of buying a brand new 125 is getting a warranty, so use it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:39 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
I thought “guarantee” and “warranty” were synonymous? When my company drafted our warranty there was a discussion on that as a point of wording. I could be wrong though: I’m trying to remember conversations with lawyers from 2013 and I can hardly remember ones from last week

Bromley Trading Standards says...

What is a guarantee?

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, a guarantee is an agreement given by a trader to a consumer, without any extra charge, to repair, replace or refund goods that do not meet the specifications set out in the guarantee. A guarantee is usually issued by the manufacturer of goods or by a trader that provides goods as part of a service - replacement windows, for instance. Generally, a guarantee provider undertakes to carry out free repairs, for a set period of time, for problems that can be attributed to manufacturing defects.

An insurance-backed guarantee provides the consumer with protection where the trader who provided the goods or service under guarantee ceases to trade and can no longer fulfil their obligations under the guarantee. The insurance company underwrites the terms of the guarantee for the remainder of the guarantee period.

What is a warranty?

A warranty (or extended warranty) is broadly defined in law as a contract for cover for goods, which is entered into by a consumer and for which they pay a fee. A warranty is a form of insurance policy that provides cover for the unexpected failure or breakdown of goods, usually after the manufacturer's or trader's guarantee has run out, although it can cover the same time period as a guarantee because it may offer additional cover. Check the start date of the warranty before you go ahead.

Some warranties are service contracts rather than insurance-backed (you should check the status of the warranty before you purchase it).

Warranties can vary and they offer different levels of protection, from the most basic cover to those that provide comprehensive cover. For instance, you may be covered only for the 'market value' of the goods (which means their second-hand value after use) or you may be covered 'new for old'.

Do not assume that a warranty will provide cover for all problems encountered with the goods. They usually have exclusions that set limits on the cover you receive.

https://www.bromley.gov.uk/leaflet/122525/21/683/d

tl;dr If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza, you're gonna have a bad time!

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
tl;dr If you french fry when you're supposed to pizza, you're gonna have a bad time!

Embarassed do you guys get pizza crunches at chippys south of the border?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:45 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't guarantee that.

In fact, deep frying a pizza sounds like a waste of good pizza. Sick

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I can't guarantee that.

In fact, deep frying a pizza sounds like a waste of good pizza. Sick

Mate, don't knock it until you try it Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2