Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Dirty Hat

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 07:57 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
This isn't a muslim country and adultery isn't a crime.

The recent change in blasphemy laws might say different Thinking

What recent change in blasphemy laws? There aren't any in this country.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:32 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is illegal to be offensive online - goose-stepping pugs being the most offensive thing there could be apparently - combined with mob rule means we have de facto blasphemy laws as exampled with the Batley Grammar School debacle.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:27 - 30 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
It is illegal to be offensive online - goose-stepping pugs being the most offensive thing there could be apparently - combined with mob rule means we have de facto blasphemy laws as exampled with the Batley Grammar School debacle.

It's saying something when France have more of a backbone on these sensitivities, and we're the ones waving the white flag at the first sign of upset.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used to say scandal on the left was always about money and on the right sex, Dripcock has managed both though so top marks to him.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside:

Batley and Spen: Labour narrowly hold seat in by-election

A lie straight out of the gate:
Quote:
After defeating her Conservative rival by just 323 votes, she said constituents had "rejected division" and "voted for hope".

Who was campaigning for division and despair? As further down the article:
Quote:
The Conservatives fought a relatively low-key campaign, with Mr Stephenson saying he was focused on talking to voters about "the issues that matter here".

I suppose that implies it was Galloway (which is believable) but now he's trying to overturn the result due to various slanders - let's face it, he probably had it coming but that's not the point.

And the fact that there was only 323 in it makes it clear the area is more divided that ever!

No mention of course of Kim not actually being a Labour bod and merely parachuted in for name recognition (Jo's sister.) So freshly minted MP with zero political experience, I'm sure that'll work out just fine. No mention of course of a baying mob threatening the life of a teacher and installing blasphemy laws. Nope, another vote for a nobody who will do nothing for the local community just like the last one.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
As an aside:

Batley and Spen: Labour narrowly hold seat in by-election

A lie straight out of the gate:
Quote:
After defeating her Conservative rival by just 323 votes, she said constituents had "rejected division" and "voted for hope".

Who was campaigning for division and despair? As further down the article:
Quote:
The Conservatives fought a relatively low-key campaign, with Mr Stephenson saying he was focused on talking to voters about "the issues that matter here".

I suppose that implies it was Galloway (which is believable) but now he's trying to overturn the result due to various slanders - let's face it, he probably had it coming but that's not the point.

And the fact that there was only 323 in it makes it clear the area is more divided that ever!

No mention of course of Kim not actually being a Labour bod and merely parachuted in for name recognition (Jo's sister.) So freshly minted MP with zero political experience, I'm sure that'll work out just fine. No mention of course of a baying mob threatening the life of a teacher and installing blasphemy laws. Nope, another vote for a nobody who will do nothing for the local community just like the last one.

I wholeheartedly agree. Shes just a grifter like her sister. At least Galloway is of genuine political conscience even if its old school lefty.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're for what is left of the working class, Galloway probably isn't a bad bet. The threat to them isn't so much from the Tories anymore either, although there is a definite question of trust in that direction since the Tories conservative foundations are on very shaky foundations at the moment. "Conservatives supporting the working class?!" I hear you froth indignantly. Maybe not their traditional supporters, but a darn sight better than some others right now.
It seems to me that liberals and the identity politics of the current left are the threat that will stamp them out completely, and reduce them to a real serf class with no rights and no voice.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
I wholeheartedly agree. Shes just a grifter like her sister. At least Galloway is of genuine political conscience even if its old school lefty.

While I totally dislike his political views but the man at least has some charisma - like a Left-Wing, Scottish version of Trump? - and seeing him tear strips out of BBC reporters activists was certainly satisfying Smile

The real reason for a Left-Wing is surely to shake things up a bit, call shit out, try some new ideas. At the very least he's true to that ideal Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:20 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
If you're for what is left of the working class, Galloway probably isn't a bad bet. The threat to them isn't so much from the Tories anymore either, although there is a definite question of trust in that direction since the Tories conservative foundations are on very shaky foundations at the moment. "Conservatives supporting the working class?!" I hear you froth indignantly. Maybe not their traditional supporters, but a darn sight better than some others right now.
It seems to me that liberals and the identity politics of the current left are the threat that will stamp them out completely, and reduce them to a real serf class with no rights and no voice.

Imagine if Starmer made a "we're dumping woke and going for traditional left wing progressive support for workers" speech? There's enough working poverty around thats also making inroads into the middle income set that a sensible left wing not distracted by imported wokeness could gain a lot of ground. Galloway got 20% of the vote, if he hadnt been in the race the Zombie Cox would have trounced the tory candidate.
I notice the Tory party is trying to blame Mat Drippycock for the loss. I almost feel sorry for him, the Tories really know how to give one of their own a good kicking when they want to Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:41 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping that's what Starmer would do, but could he have, do you think? It seems to be pretty embedded in the party now, and it might be more likely he'd just get ousted - which might happen before long anyway. And isn't he more of a Blairite, which I thought was a large part of how Labour came to abandon the working class anyway?

And I have no sympathy for Hancock. If you're going to set strict rules for everybody else, you better have a bloody good reason why you don't follow them yourself. And he always struck me as a weasely little rat-faced drip anyway. Hey, but that's just my impression Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:48 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
.......weasley rat faced drip anyway. Hey, but that's just my impression Laughing

I don't think your alone in that assessment. It seems politics favours such types though, in fact I would go as far as to say the political system actively screens out any other kind of candidate.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it they say? Don't vote for anyone who wants to be a politician? Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:38 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to find anyone with any sympathy for Hat Mancock... for his wife though, quite a bit Neutral

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 02 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't need sympathy when he enters the revolving door.

Tonight Matthew, I'll be impersonating a silent director on the board of some big pharma company. And no Matthew, I absolutely won't be texting my old mates on their personal phones to get the inside info on pending contracts.

He'd better wish he followed Hellkat's sage advice and got a prenup!
I'll bet his suits are in more pieces than Jamal Khashoggi.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:54 - 03 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Gove is getting a divorce. Probably wants to shag his aide as well.

He's someone I actually dislike more than Hankock.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 03 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Although Gove is widely disliked, he's usually really good at staying out of trouble....rarely making headlines...until now.

However, apparently his new partner is a male SPAD. I'm predicting he gets a far easier ride what with Pride Month etc, from the media than Hancock because GAY.

I'm also predicting that his vile wife whose journalistic career has been built on prurience, intrusiveness and judgment of others, gets a harder ride (snigger) than Gove over the next few days.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:47 - 06 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Although Gove is widely disliked, he's usually really good at staying out of trouble....rarely making headlines...until now.

However, apparently his new partner is a male SPAD.

I can't imagine he'll notice much difference - with apologies to Gilbert & Sullivan

'She could very well pass for a rugby prop forward in the dusk with the light behind her'.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/b2282fe8-10bb-4c85-8bda-940a23b2a7e0.jpg

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:16 - 11 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

However, apparently his new partner is a male SPAD. I'm predicting he gets a far easier ride what with Pride Month etc, from the media than Hancock because GAY.

I'm also predicting that his vile wife whose journalistic career has been built on prurience, intrusiveness and judgment of others, gets a harder ride (snigger) than Gove over the next few days.

Well I got that wrong innit. Total media silence.

One word.......sooooperinjuuuunction. Rolling Eyes Silence Shhh!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 282 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3