Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suitable bike for my missus to do her test on

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:54 - 26 Jun 2021    Post subject: Suitable bike for my missus to do her test on Reply with quote

Ok, my fiance has has had her cbt for 22 months, and has gained a lot of experience on her 125, and now feels like getting her full A licence.
She's passed her theory test so I want to get her a bike to get her thru her tests on, she's not tall so thinking ER5 or a gladius but any other suggestions,
Literally just to get her licence and then sell on so doesn't need to be a keeper.
Budget around 2.5k ideally
Main plus points
Needs low seat height, easily maneuverable and big enough to do her full A test on..
Unfortunately my himalayan isn't enough bhp for the tests otherwise I'd just lend her that..
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
,"Alpha-9: Is there any correlation between dyno rod and dyno kits?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:31 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ER5 is no good for full A test. Gladius or SV isn't a bad shout, though.

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:02 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bad I meant er6,
Hyosung cruise 125(passed test on, sold) Kawasaki el 252 (better than expected but sold on) Kawasaki GPZ500S first "big"bike.(sold) ZZR600 E5..Z750 2007,ER5, currently on a 2008 Enfield bullet electra x and loving it..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:51 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why strap yourself onto a bike that is useless after test?
Cheaper option would be to pay the day hire of a school.
Maybe two days to familiarise oneself.
Then use the freedom of not owning a shite bike to pick a nice love it long-time bike?

ER6F is a weapon and plenty stylish for a lady person.

jimspeed
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:35 - 27 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok to answer the obvious.. she's quite happy to keep her 125, but her father has several old classics which he would like her to ride to the shows etc so she needs to get her full licence to do so, and obviously it also opens up her choice of bikes too..
She gets very flustered with training etc so we think she will be far better on her own bike to do tests etc
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 297 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1