Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got paid a bonus (just under a grand) from my previous employer (made redundo last year).

Now I've just had a letter through the post saying they made a mistake and could I possibly pay it back thank you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:47 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Got paid a bonus (just under a grand) from my previous employer (made redundo last year).

Now I've just had a letter through the post saying they made a mistake and could I possibly pay it back thank you.

If you accepted it in good faith and spent it then they have no grounds to demand it back. No court will back them up in this instance.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:02 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Send them a letter back saying money is short on account of some dick having made you redundant last year but that you could possibly afford up to 10p a month.

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picked my wheels up from the tyre fitters this morning after getting some Pilot 6's put on and noticed there's a bunch of deep scratches from the machine once I got home Mad Might go back there tomorrow but it's not like they can undo it now. My brother had one fitted too and they really fucked his up.

fw750x
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 18:24 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Your Brother got his wheel Damaged and you went ahead to get yours done in the Same Place ? You should be annoyed with Yourself Not the Dodgy Tyrefitter !!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:43 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

Sucks to be them. Laughing

I wouldn't bother replying as there's no reason to get into an discussion / argument with them about their fuck up.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:51 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charging 16 AA batteries in the kitchen using 4 chargers I heard a fizzing sound after an hour or so and switched them off pronto. Turns out one battery isn’t a rechargeable. Berk! It spat some acid but no harm done. This is why I don’t recharge overnight.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 04 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the misfortune to be using one of these today:-

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0248/0242/6966/products/green-twist-tie-coated-wire-dispenser-and-cutter-100m-green-twist-tie-coated-wire-dispenser-and-cutter-100m-28083948945494_1000x.progressive.jpg?v=1616507010

Every time I've used one of these, once 10% of the wire has been used, the whole thing, magically turns into a plastic and wire birds nest, for no apparent reason.
Work of the devil, I tells ya!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 05 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am struggling to comprehend what Italians understand as a definition of the English word "evening".
Mad

I was asked (at around 5 pm this EVENING) whether I would be able to do a Court report for a patient of the Italian Shrink.

Of course, sez I, always happy to charge him a bit more than I did the last time... "I am around this evening, and will be happy to work on it for you, just send it over".

This evening, i.e., questa serata , i.e., between around 4.45 pm and 9.45 pm. Anything after that is NIGHT.

1.15 a.m., and I have still not received it.
(I found other things to do for which I could charge him in the meantime, so it's not as if I have been sat here wasting hours of my life watching Tim Curry as Dr Frankenfurter, after all)

Brick Wall

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:32 - 05 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear he heard me, the utter git* Laughing
21 pages.
Good thing I am working from home/having a half day annual leave tomorrow Rolling Eyes
I'll give him half an hour to go to bed and then I'll send him my invoice for April, which is outrageous and won't even include whatever time I spend this EVENING doing it.

I am unexpectedly Energiser.
No Red Bull, just coffee.

*He's quite adorable actually. Goddam Eyeties Rolling Eyes

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:28 - 05 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

fw750x wrote:
So Your Brother got his wheel Damaged and you went ahead to get yours done in the Same Place ? You should be annoyed with Yourself Not the Dodgy Tyrefitter !!

I meant we had them all done at the same time. I am annoyed with my self for not checking them there but I was in a bit of a rush.

World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:41 - 06 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gears being ground by delivery firms. Why pay extra for Royal Mail 24hr Tracked? It’s not guaranteed so all the tracking does is tell me it’s not here. I bloody well know that!!
Oh, also waiting on a delivery from Italy. It’s meant to be here today but it’s still in Milan apparently. I can’t see that getting here in the next 7 hours - unless DHL do parachute drops for delivery!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:34 - 06 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

1198 wrote:
Why pay extra for Royal Mail 24hr Tracked?

To stop people lying about whether or not something they bought online has been delivered.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 07 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I swear he heard me, the utter git* Laughing
21 pages.
Good thing I am working from home/having a half day annual leave tomorrow Rolling Eyes
I'll give him half an hour to go to bed and then I'll send him my invoice for April, which is outrageous and won't even include whatever time I spend this EVENING doing it.

I am unexpectedly Energiser.
No Red Bull, just coffee.

*He's quite adorable actually. Goddam Eyeties Rolling Eyes

Blimey, I used to clients off in a couple of paragraphs, basically "he's nuts m' lud".

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 09 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

FB Marketplace . . . seems to have become FB ScamPlace. I'm trying to shift a load of almost-worthless cr4p I've accumulated. Generally not asking much, a fiver here and there etc.. which I thought should shift it quickly enough and still get a few beer tokens out of it. Unfortunately, it seems to be scammer fodder heaven. Bizarrely the most attractive item seems to be the 20 year old dehumidifier which has had about 15 scam hits, from prying questions about location through to the old "I can send a UPS courier please thank you, payment in Amazon vouchers to twice value please thank you".

Ended up giving the dehumidifier away for nowt in the end via the local community page thing as I was so sick of the scamming messages.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:18 - 09 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
FB Marketplace . . . seems to have become FB ScamPlace. I'm trying to shift a load of almost-worthless cr4p I've accumulated. Generally not asking much, a fiver here and there etc.. which I thought should shift it quickly enough and still get a few beer tokens out of it. Unfortunately, it seems to be scammer fodder heaven. Bizarrely the most attractive item seems to be the 20 year old dehumidifier which has had about 15 scam hits, from prying questions about location through to the old "I can send a UPS courier please thank you, payment in Amazon vouchers to twice value please thank you".

Ended up giving the dehumidifier away for nowt in the end via the local community page thing as I was so sick of the scamming messages.

Find some dead end road up a track somewhere say thats the location and a cheery note that your going to be out tomorrow but will leave the old humidifier round the back of the shed.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 09 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Self Isolation. I had my Gallbladder out last month, this month on the 12th I'm having the stones trapped in the bile tube removed. So today was a covid test from which I've got to self isolate until Thursday my op day.

Boo.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Find some dead end road up a track somewhere say thats the location and a cheery note that your going to be out tomorrow but will leave the old humidifier round the back of the shed.

Perhaps, but I think it's better to just not engage with them at all tbh, however tempting it is. Bit like 419 baiting . . . although 419eater is an amusing site (if it's still about) for reading about what happens when you do bait them.

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 18:18 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The snidey little wanker who moderates the Z900rs forum.

Banned again lol. For laughing at a comment he made about how he only did "basic moderation" hahaha

Wee hitler wankfaced tit.

Another to add to the list. Do you think it's me ? , or are folk really thick twats ?.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
Do you think it's me ? , or are folk really thick twats ?.

For the average person half the population of the world is thicker than they are. A sobering thought from statistics Shocked

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

For the average person half the population of the world is thicker than they are. A sobering thought from statistics Shocked

Not if your up to par, think of the advantage it gives you.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:12 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madonna.
NFT
3d scans of her vagina?

Non fungible twat.

Thanks for nothing, internet.

I won't be 'investing'.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:42 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Madonna.
NFT
3d scans of her vagina?

Non fungible twat.

Thanks for nothing, internet.

I won't be 'investing'.

Ancient Green man imagery got there first. Often the Green man would be presented vomiting the natural world.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:58 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weisse Schlange wrote:
The snidey little wanker who moderates the Z900rs forum.

Banned again lol. For laughing at a comment he made about how he only did "basic moderation" hahaha

Wee hitler wankfaced tit.

Another to add to the list. Do you think it's me ? , or are folk really thick twats ?.

Ah wiz telt,
'There's usually a wanker in every group and that if there isnae wan in your group then you are the wanker.')

I hope that helps. Thumbs Up

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

'There's usually a wanker in every group and that if there isnae wan in your group then you are the wanker.'

Wise words.. Robbie Burns?

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 347 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 82 of 178