Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

JackButler wrote:
hellkat wrote:
And I'm having a bit of a paranoid moment about data!
Oo-er, big data. It's a big subject, isn't it.

I'm not at all sure my pea-brain can comprehend it all.
Mad
But people are making A.LOT.OF.MONEY. out of it.
So, really ... where's mine?

How do I get my hands on the money that gets made from the waffle I spout?
I need to know.
Hand Tut Tut Folded arms

Calm down dear & relax. Breathe in, breathe out & relax.

You chucked any pretence of privacy out of the window the very day you signed up.

It's not that difficult to maintain privacy online if you know what you're doing.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone driving around like an Ecotwat. The speed itself i have no issue with but the number of knuckle draggers who pull out in front of you and then proceed to yawn on the throttle like it's their last Covid gasp is really fecking me off. If you can't make the gap when joining an NSL road from a junction then don't pull out.

Twice on the way in and three times on the way home plus another clueless tart who decided she wasn't going up the A1 at Old Welwyn roundabout and simply curled a dithering turn back out of the mouth of the junction back into roundabout traffic and the lanes other cars were in. And no surprises, phone in one hand and looking at that and not the road. 6 people have to take evasive action whilst she blathers into her phone.

I'm even further off people than I ever was.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:37 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eco warriors who want to save the planet for the future and yet haven't committed suicide to help reduce the population which is the main issue.

SAVE THE PLANET.......COMMIT SUICIDE.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

HGV drivers call in to live podcast

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzQoP0JZk_0

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:53 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shops that close between 1300 and 1400. Yeah staff deserve their lunch break but almost everywhere manages staff rotas to allow the shop to be open all day.

Meh. Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:56 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a random invitation to sign up to Nextdoor.co.uk about a year ago, and the fuel crisis has prompted me to start posting replies on that topic, and then others. This can only end badly. It’s like putting a BCF member into Mumsnet (ooer!).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I got a random invitation to sign up to Nextdoor.co.uk about a year ago, and the fuel crisis has prompted me to start posting replies on that topic, and then others. This can only end badly. It’s like putting a BCF member into Mumsnet (ooer!).

haha! There was that one time when BCF raided Mumsnet.
Laughing

I'm on Nextdoor etc but I don't often go on there, because people talk in funny accents on there.
hllo am maciek, i clin yr window
much cheapness, etc.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn’t help questioning the veracity of this post;

Quote:
Attention all dog owners!! I cannot believe wot i have just heard. This is so sick it's unbelievable. My friend had taken my car to be moted earlier but only got part of done as the poor mot tester got a phone call from the police to come down the vets immediately as they were there with his dog and the vet didn't think he'd make it. Apparently he'd left his dog in the garden and some sicko had attacked his dog with about 40 knitting needles sticking them through the dog's stomach !!! Someone saw something and phoned the police. So please don't leave any pets unattended as i don't know anymore details and as a dog owner myself i can't believe some sick b*****d could be so cruel!!

And the update;
Quote:
I have an update for everyone. Sorry took so long i couldn't find where your comments etc were!! Apparently the vets actually removed a total of 91 knitting neeďles from all over the dog and against all odds he has survived. It is not known why or who did this he was a very friendly doggy who luved everyone and anyway u wouldn't do such a cruel inhumane act wotever the cause. As i said i don't know the dog or his owner cos apparently he's a new staff member and apparently he's from st albans way. But please be careful who knows wot such a deranged individual could do or where!!!

My assessment: Friend offered to take car for MOT but drove around instead, then made up ridiculous story.

But yeah, a lot of it is mundane requests for window cleaner recommendations and the like. Sleeping

Edit: yet 39 “Poor dawgy!” comments with only half a dozen, “Hmmm…”.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

It's not that difficult to maintain privacy online if you know what you're doing.

Its not so much about the privacy.
Its about the data, and what money it is earning for someone else.

I think I should at least get a percentage, because after all, its the drivel I've typed.

And if its being churned through dark steaming satanic data mills out there in the Stygian IT multiverse, then it should be making money for me, not Mark Zuckerberg ... or whoever else.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, my gears are being ground today by the fact that I have Had Enough of Stupid Cunts.

And I need to get tough about shunting them.
Work, home, life.
Get shot.
Pointless waste of time.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 22:23 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

91 knitting needles? How big and how passive was the dog? Shocked

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:41 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I’ve now suggested Brexit is working in the context of HGV driver training. They’ll be at my door with pitchforks by morning. It seems I’ve had enough of bullshit. Bring it on.

Can I add my name to the BCF, “I hate people” roster?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate everyone on the internet. But I tend to like some people IRL.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:48 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I think I should at least get a percentage, because after all, its the drivel I've typed.

They would argue that they're offering a fantastic service at no monetary cost to your dear self and they're just subsisting on some scraps they make out of advertising.

The reality being social media is modelled after the illegal drug trade and 22nd Century historians will refer to Zuk as the inventor of virtual heroin*

*That may be a bit harsh... heroin hasn't ruined quite so many lives

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:55 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Nothing wrong with that. However, I'd be careful about how much time I spent on t'web, because it is easy to spend far too long in fairy-space and miss the real stuff...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:38 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:

Nothing wrong with that. However, I'd be careful about how much time I spent on t'web, because it is easy to spend far too long in fairy-space and miss the real stuff...

Lack of funds means you tend to miss the real stuff anyway. If I had money, I'd ride the bike and spend a lot of time walking the Lake District fells, and that would be sufficient for the soul. As it is, when I get too down, I work out hard, and that makes me feel better about things. I don't do any of the social media stuff, never have, except for here and a bit of YouTube for stuff that interests me, mostly music vids.

Despite the massive advances in tech in recent years, I don't get much from it, still would prefer to do the things I've always done. I've never been one for the latest fads. If there's something I want to do, I might look for the tech. to enable that, but I don't get into stuff because it's new, or because everyone else is doing it. I find keeping things simple is the best way for me. It's a shame folks these days seem to need every gadget and fancy thing that comes along. Hasn't done them much good imo.

I know what makes me happy. Just can't access much of it nowadays. But hey, I've done lots of stuff that I wanted to do over the years, more than some folks get to do Smile
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 13:23 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being stuck in the house.

Back went twang on Thursday and by 3am I was screaming due to massive spasms, doc out , diazapam ingested.

Honestly, this old stuff if fucking shite !!

Did get a fright though as I was screaming at the top of my wee lungs at the pain.

Might mix whisky with the diazapam later for giggles.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking everything! That's what! Got all the stuff out to give the van a wash, wheeled out the Karcher for the
first time in a while just to find every O ring on both hoses had perished. BASTARD!!! So I ordered new
ones then put it all away and roll the hosepipe out to the front. Literally as soon as I filled the bucket with
soapy water it starts raining. BAAAAAAAAAASTARD!!!!!! Deciding that it's only rain and that skin is waterproof I
wash the van in the rain, the moment I'm finished it stops BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARD!!!!
So then go to the co-op, just miss the reduced double markdowns and leave with next to nothing. Get home and
decide to finish putting up the LED security light I recently purchased, I have already put the switch spur in in my
bedroom, connected it up to the power, drilled through to outside and put the bracket on the wall for the lamp
I did that part of the job the other day. All that's left to do is mount the light in the bracket and pull the wire through,
bang a few cable clips in and connect it to the spur. Moment I get my tools out, it starts raining yet again.
BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARD!!!!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Fucking everything! That's what! BASTARD!!! raining. BAAAAAAAAAASTARD!!!!!! rain BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASTARD!!!!
raining yet again.

I’m not laughing Shocked .

I lied...............I am Laughing Laughing Laughing

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:19 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Moment I get my tools out, it starts raining yet again.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmaaaaaaa.

Laughing

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:36 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally took the wheel of my trailer (brother brought it back) and either he or one of his friends has used the spare wheel, and left the original one strapped to the trailer.

Took the tyre off, because it had been standing in the rain etc for god knows how long had gone all rusty. They were two new wheels when it went out on loan, always stored indoors, but I'd just got a car without a towbar, so was happy for someone to be using it. Hadn't seen it for at least three years.

So took the wire wheel to it for an hour or so, painted it with the old wheel paint. Next day put the tyre back on. spent ages struggling with the strap to get the beads to seal, eventually got it pumped up. put all three wheels together in a row feelng very pleased with myself.....looked at it and hour or two later, and it had a different profile than the other one, then realised it was bloody flat Brick Wall

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

It’s raining again because I was thinking of getting a bike out of the garage.
I was thinking about taking a bimble out to check out access to some local fishing venues.
God saw me starting to get my bike out of the garage and getting some kit together!
And lo he did say “NO! You shalt not ride!” Sad

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:43 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
... but I don't get into stuff because it's new, or because everyone else is doing it. I find keeping things simple is the best way for me. It's a shame folks these days seem to need every gadget and fancy thing that comes along....

Nope nor me. Reminds me of that joke:

How do you milk sheep?

Bring out a new iphone.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
grr666 wrote:

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarmaaaaaaa.

Laughing

Undeterred by mother natures pathetic attempts to stop me I continued regardless and made a SUPERB job
of installing the lamp and getting the PIR set up. All the cable clips nailed in first time, with the cable neatly following a
mortar line and it pulled through into the house first time too. Even got the PIR adjusted quickly, it doesn't trigger
when you walk past but does the moment you step onto my driveway. It stays lit for 40 seconds after the last time
the sensor saw you which is plenty, and it lights up my front door sufficiently for me to see the keyhole which
was an issue before with my failing old eyes.

Been waiting for the dark to final test it, it's absolutely spot on and very bright indeed as it's a 50w LED board.
I'm happy I persevered, now I want one for the back garden so that I can piss those neighbours off as well. Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to read what a sign says on the side of the road while doing the correct speed for the conditions, only to find it is written in gibberish and then finding at the bottom that it is written in English and I almost miss what it said. But that is Wales for you. Soon Scotland will write every thing in Pictish.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 198 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 32 of 177