Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Todays - What Grinds my gears Reply with quote

Split from original mega-thread from June 2021 onwards.
https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=297335

I'm just generally pissed off Mad
Just when I think things are going kind of okay, random shite stuff keeps happening, nothing major, just irritating little things.
But they're all building up.
And when that happens, its usually one of those "straw that breaks the camel's back" kind of situations.

I feel like I might go off half-cocked at the wrong person.

I was in a good mood earlier, ffs Rolling Eyes

Last edited by hellkat on 22:35 - 03 Jun 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:20 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawn mower motor has burnt out half way through cutting the garden. Looks bloody stupid now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:39 - 03 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Lawn mower motor has burnt out half way through cutting the garden. Looks bloody stupid now.

I have the same fear, but when clipping my own hair the clippers break after running a Friar Tuck for starters.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:27 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking rain.
I got up this morning, fucked about as ya do, got all gussied up to go to work on the bike, stepped out the front door with me lid in me hand ... RAINING!
I'm sure it was dry and sunny when I was lying in bed looking out my bedroom window.

So yeah nah, fuck that.
Went back indoors and took off all the bike gear, got the train instead.

Got wet anyway, just walking down the Kings Road. Rolling Eyes
Still ... saw a nice wedding on the steps of Chelsea Town Hall.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:39 - 04 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Still ... saw a nice wedding on the steps of Chelsea Town Hall.

She's a nice girl, that Chelsea Townes-Hall.
Need some steps though, cos she's just a bit tall.
When she got wed, they all did berate her
Because she failed to provide an elevator.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve just put on a new pair of varifocals (actually bought a while ago but I kept on with the old ones) and I swear this iPad is now concave. Weird.

Stairs are going to be fun.

Sad

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I’ve just put on a new pair of varifocals (actually bought a while ago but I kept on with the old ones) and I swear this iPad is now concave. Weird.

Sad

Dibs on your stuff Razz

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Sad
Wait till you have a piss!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:09 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

yen_powell wrote:
Wait till you have a piss!

Nah, I usually sit down these days. I assume it’s an age thing.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:16 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Sad

I'm going back to bifocals, I've had enough of searching for the sweet spot in my varifocals all the time.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Sad

I'm going back to bifocals, I've had enough of searching for the sweet spot in my varifocals all the time.

My last pair were bought 10 years ago and also took a while to get used to. Surprisingly my prescription hasn’t changed but there are now different grades of varifocal depending on typical use. I think this new pair may turn out to be easier to use but I won’t know until I’ve used them at work.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 06 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being told that I'm not a team player because I don't commit fraud, odd for a security company.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 07 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:
Being told that I'm not a team player because I don't commit fraud, odd for a security company.

Reminds me of office over the road from me prior to the smoking bans: ashtrays piled high! And that was for a fire alarm company Shocked

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 07 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still having grocery delivery anxiety.

Eventually got my groceries delivered, but the fuckers only refunded me for the products they didn't deliver. They didn't refund me the delivery charge for them not delivering to me, but which I paid for. Brick Wall

They did give me a £10 voucher off my next shop but I am not in the mood for their jiggerypokery at present.

Cunts.

PLUS I've been waiting in for the 8-10pm slot for a *second* delivery (which included boxes of cat food) and somehow I have failed to notice that the order did not complete on the checkout page Brick Wall

So the cats are very cross at only being supplied with biscuits, and are turning up their noses at the freshly cooked chicken which I slaved over yesterday, and I feel guilty. Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:25 - 07 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLUS
For various reasons I have somehow managed to have salmon twice today.
Both times with broccoli and potatoes.

Lunch was better than dinner.
But both were kind of *inflicted* upon me by circumstance, and really I think I've had quite enough salmon for one week now, thank you very much.

Unsatisfactory food experiences. I really hate having them. They throw me right off-balance.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:09 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't some oblique reference to a change in sexual preference is it?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 06:48 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is if you want it to be.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:19 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Surprised Mr. Green

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:35 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
PLUS
For various reasons I have somehow managed to have salmon twice today.
Both times with broccoli and potatoes.

Lunch was better than dinner.
But both were kind of *inflicted* upon me by circumstance, and really I think I've had quite enough salmon for one week now, thank you very much.

Unsatisfactory food experiences. I really hate having them. They throw me right off-balance.

Why didn't you give the cats the salmon? Don't cats like fish? (dog person here so going on hearsay Laughing )

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arguably this should go in the coronavirus thread . . . gears ground by Hand-cock's announcement that the NW is heading towards increased restrictions. Again. Why can't they see the bigger picture and commensurately apply vaccinations so there's greater intensity of vaccinations in the areas that need it most?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:25 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderGuts wrote:
Arguably this should go in the coronavirus thread . . . gears ground by Hand-cock's announcement that the NW is heading towards increased restrictions. Again. Why can't they see the bigger picture and commensurately apply vaccinations so there's greater intensity of vaccinations in the areas that need it most?

Because they'd need to have done it three weeks ago?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:28 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a plot to get rid of Brexit voters Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Because they'd need to have done it three weeks ago?

The signs have been here for longer than that, plus there's plenty of evidence from previous waves of a clear pattern of hotspots. For whatever reason this is (lots have been cited including housing types, higher proportions of multi-generational housing, factories and industry not workable under a WFH arrangement etc.) it's still clear there are some parts of the UK which are far more vulnerable. Now we have vaccines, I think the govt should use that information to target their resources.

It's frustrating/gear grinding because they were happy to force tough restrictions on the NW in particular previously, but are not willing to take a similar approach with preventative measures (although maybe this will slowly start to tease out, but it feels it's too little too late).

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, by "NW", do you mean Liverpool? If so, it's a government plot to get rid of looney lefties Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:17 - 08 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Why didn't you give the cats the salmon?

I gave Dennis the salmon bowl to clean up.

Just to add insult to injury, I went out very early this morning to go to the local shop and buy catfood (Felix), and when I got home, both the fuckers refused to eat it.

Furry little cuntoxes Brick Wall
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 294 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 1 of 176