Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Do I detect a millenial? Laughing

Laughing You'll find 'middle aged' is a broad term that has been used since forever Cool

Since the middle ages?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:48 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The enthusiastic maskers are back. Rolling Eyes The 'moronic' strain has then all quaking in their boots again. I got
my sunflower lanyard from work today so I won't be wearing a mask there or anywhere else. I'm fucking done
with that pantomime bullshit. I swanned around the co-op this afternoon maskless and you could see the fear in
their eyes. They can't wait to obey their masters.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:08 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
The enthusiastic maskers are back. Rolling Eyes The 'moronic' strain has then all quaking in their boots again. I got
my sunflower lanyard from work today so I won't be wearing a mask there or anywhere else. I'm fucking done
with that pantomime bullshit. I swanned around the co-op this afternoon maskless and you could see the fear in
their eyes. They can't wait to obey their masters.

If Tesco absolutely insist, I shall use a face covering. It will be the same completely useless thin bike neck tube pulled up as I've used throughout, but it will have the bonus of keeping me a bit warmer in this cold weather Smile In fact I wore it when I went to do the shopping yesterday, but didn't pull it up, since the new strain apparently wasn't dangerous until today - from 4am to be precise Laughing

What's this "sunflower lanyard" then?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:28 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone must know by now that the mask is intended to reduce the likelihood that the wearer will infect others, not protect the self. You can argue the efficacy of that but still, the wearers are being unselfish (or obedient, if you like). If there’s fear in their eyes it’s probably fear that the local hard cases are gonna kick off about it like they’re the ones being disrespected. Strutting round the supermarket making deliberate eye contact, then loudly explaining to the cashier why they refuse to wear a mask.
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:43 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I certainly don't think it's worth a row over at the supermarket entrance. Although I don't mind if others are inclined to - free entertainment innit Laughing
Anyway, I'm already dead. Can't possibly have survived two years of this the way I've gone on. And if I'm dead, I can't catch the virus, and I can't spread it, so I'm no threat to anyone Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:11 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

What's this "sunflower lanyard" then?

https://hiddendisabilitiesstore.com/

I got mine from work, uniform issue. I work for Tesco btw.
And I wasn't staring anybody down in the co-op, the fear was just something I could see. I think the media
should take a nice long bow for shitting everybody up again, just before Christmas too. Classy!

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Anyone who say "more better" Evil or Very Mad

You must be referring to those of people living their "best life"?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:59 - 30 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarah Beeny

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:05 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the City today and it was if Rabid Javid was mute - a handful of ppl wearing masks here and there but a general air of "fuck it" abounded.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:55 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The realisation i need to get the bike MOT,ed in the next couple of weeks and I need new tyres. I have the cash, im just tight, old and seemingly permanently irritated. Crying or Very sad

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reccomend avoiding contact with nearly everyone.

If it wasn't for the Covid part of Covid, I'd quite fancy ten days peace and quiet.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:34 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gnomes

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:50 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
In the City today and it was if Rabid Javid was mute - a handful of ppl wearing masks here and there but a general air of "fuck it" abounded.

What do they expect after best part of two years of this utter bo11ocks. So I have to wear a mask in
Sainsburys but I can go clubbing on Saturday night at a place with a packed dance floor and thats okay.
Truth is nobody has seen the bodies piling up and watched their family members dropping like flies. Most of
the people who’ve snuffed it were elderly, obese or already sick with something else. All they’ve seen is
restrictions upon restrictions on their freedoms. Whats more it’s done fuck all to eliminate covid and we’re
getting brand new flavours thanks to our ‘let anybody in’ borders policy.
If the Government told me it was raining I’d look
out the window to check they weren’t lying through their teeth.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:11 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
So I have to wear an ornamental mask in Sainsburys...

This is the part that gets me. "Wear a mask in shops!" and it boils down to lip-service so some MP or "scientist" quits crying. It's the equivalent of the old Cold War "hide under the desk in the event of nuclear attack" Rolling Eyes

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:28 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't quite get the issue with wearing one. It costs me nothing, inconveniences me in no way at all.

So I'll wear one as I've been asked to on the rare occasion I go in somewhere.

Which isn't often cos Covid.

Surely there's more pertinent / harmful things to get heated about?

Mysteriass
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
What do they expect after best part of two years of this utter bo11ocks. So I have to wear a mask in
Sainsburys but I can go clubbing on Saturday night at a place with a packed dance floor and thats okay.
Truth is nobody has seen the bodies piling up and watched their family members dropping like flies. Most of
the people who’ve snuffed it were elderly, obese or already sick with something else. All they’ve seen is
restrictions upon restrictions on their freedoms. Whats more it’s done fuck all to eliminate covid and we’re
getting brand new flavours thanks to our ‘let anybody in’ borders policy.
If the Government told me it was raining I’d look
out the window to check they weren’t lying through their teeth.

Even better that Sweden didn't lockdown or use masks.

Surprisingly, they couldn't even be bothered to fake their fake statistics to show any difference in their stats compared to anywhere else thus proving the lockdowns and masks are bull.

And here we are, still being lied too. Except for the time when they're not lieing to us by directly telling us that the masks and lockdowns do nothing but oh, let's do them anyway.

The only "advice" that would have made sense from day one was if you're sick; sneezing and coughing chunks everywhere, then stay inside. That's it.

And now South Africa is outright telling the world that nothing is wrong there - that the "possibility" of a variant is being blown out of proportion as it's again nothing more than sniffles - and the MSM themselves have said that Africa has no problem with Corona. (Probably because they take that oh so lethal Ivermectin and HCQ as a matter of course)

It's all Orwellian doublethink bullshit. Speaking of doublethink, wasn't Trump a racist for restricting travel to Africa during the lockdowns and now... oh, it's OK for these lying sacks of shit to do exactly the same thing and nobody in the MSM is getting their dildos in a knot about it!

We need a universal vote of no confidence in these worthless sacks of shit for government. The MSM need completely ...removing. If they're this level of drooling brain damaged in their public face then what the hell are they doing in secret?

UncleBFester wrote:

They want us to comply with something we know is a lie. They're telling us they're lieing to us for anyone paying attention. It's doublethink again. It's a psychological entrainment process to subdue us. Telling them to get effed about the masks when they just told us they don't work is a matter of principle.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:45 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
I still can't quite get the issue with wearing one. It costs me nothing, inconveniences me in no way at all.

So I'll wear one as I've been asked to on the rare occasion I go in somewhere.

Which isn't often cos Covid.

I don't think it's the wearing of FACE COVERINGS (you don't actually seem to be required to wear a proper mask anywhere) that exercises people. It's more the poor, or at least poorly explained logic of when and where they ask you to use them, as highlighted by grr666. This is where the authorities lose support for policy. And also, while there has been much talk of the new strain being more infectious, maybe even vaccine-dodging, nobody seems to be talking about it's actual physical danger, just infection rates...again Rolling Eyes I don't care if I catch a highly infectious virus that I'm not going to notice I've got.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:50 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just don't like wearing masks. I don't like anything covering my face. No conspiracy bullshit involved, I just don't like them and so will avoid wearing one unless there is no other option.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:54 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The point remains. Who really cares. It's not like wearing one will fcuk your face up or give you teh bad aids is it.

So if it might help with not spreading then just wear one as needed or directed / asked.

Or don't - just be exempt. Or wear a buff like Chicken bloke does and then no one can see to complain and you get left alone and not hassled.

Although I'd be the first to agree that having a lying sack of bent duffers in charge doesn't help when they ask you to trust them / take their word. The problem is that leaves a void that social media / Internet crocks are all too willing to fill.

Back to the question. What does wearing a mask physically or emotionally take away from you / stop you doing.

The answer to that is nothing other than the mistaken view that it makes you look pro Government.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
And also, while there has been much talk of the new strain being more infectious, maybe even vaccine-dodging, nobody seems to be talking about it's actual physical danger, just infection rates...again Rolling Eyes I don't care if I catch a highly infectious virus that I'm not going to notice I've got.

I guess the concern is that it has demonstrated a great ability to mutate, and every new generation increases the chance it will mutate into something nastier, so they’re trying to limit infections and drive the virus towards near-extinction.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:02 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
And also, while there has been much talk of the new strain being more infectious, maybe even vaccine-dodging, nobody seems to be talking about it's actual physical danger, just infection rates...again Rolling Eyes I don't care if I catch a highly infectious virus that I'm not going to notice I've got.

I guess the concern is that it has demonstrated a great ability to mutate, and every new generation increases the chance it will mutate into something nastier, so they’re trying to limit infections and drive the virus towards near-extinction.

Equally the virus could be mutating to something less likely to do harm. After all killing off the host is hardly a good strategy, or am i misunderstanding how viruses work?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:09 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
they’re trying to...drive the virus towards near-extinction.

I don't think they'll have much luck with that, if that is what they're trying to do, especially as this one seems to mutate so easily.
I really do wonder if what we have now (as opposed to when Covid first struck) is much more akin to flu in its levels of actual danger. And I also think it's a bit crazy to indefinitely react to "what ifs".

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:12 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Back to the question. What does wearing a mask physically or emotionally take away from you / stop you doing.

I miss seeing the faces of pretty girls when out and about - especially when you used to get a smile from them. And I miss smiles generally Sad

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:17 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose if flu had the potential to become a nation-slayer it would have done it by now. The epidemiologists must fear that COVID still could. I agree though, we can’t hide forever, we’ll just have to take our chances, and they’re probably good.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I suppose if flu had the potential to become a nation-slayer it would have done it by now. The epidemiologists must fear that COVID still could. I agree though, we can’t hide forever, we’ll just have to take our chances, and they’re probably good.

As far as I know, flu still could become much worse than any strain we've seen since 1918, but we don't take all these precautions for that, "just in case". You get to a point when it just makes life too difficult, or at least depressing.
I'm thinking it might be time for all the relevant people and bodies just to quietly monitor things in the background, instead of allowing or even encouraging it to be the predominant thing in everyone's minds. Encourage good hygiene, remind folks not to mix when feeling rough etc, and leave it at that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 145 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 53 of 178