Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:44 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

Back to the question. What does wearing a mask physically or emotionally take away from you / stop you doing.

I miss seeing the faces of pretty girls when out and about - especially when you used to get a smile from them. And I miss smiles generally Sad

Agreed but no one is saying wear one all the time or everywhere. Nor am I. I do when asked or if I feel the need. There's still plenty of discretion available.

I'd have avoided busy places long before Covid came along Smile

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a dedicated pandemic thread folks. Just sayin Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:21 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
The point remains. Who really cares. It's not like wearing one will fcuk your face up or give you teh bad aids is it.

I care. I don't like wearing them. I wont wear a mask for the same reason I won't eat boiled carrots.

If I have a choice between doing something but wearing a mask and not doing something, I'll chose to not do it. So the only shop I'll be using for ther forseeable future is the supermarket because not eating isn't really a choice. I was going to go and do some christmas shopping at the weekend but not any more, because I'd have to wear a mask.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:23 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I wont wear a mask for the same reason I won't eat boiled carrots.

Have you tried steaming them?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:56 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
I wont wear a mask for the same reason I won't eat boiled carrots.

Have you tried steaming them?

Maybe I should try wearing my mask inside out?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:59 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Maybe I should try wearing my mask inside out?

It works for my pants.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I miss seeing the faces of pretty girls when out and about - especially when you used to get a smile from them. And I miss smiles generally Sad

Agreed but no one is saying wear one all the time or everywhere.

It's mandated. You MUST wear them in the places the government tells you to. If shops choose not to let you in without one, you can't ignore them. You can be prosecuted for not doing so. And a lot of people tend to wear them everywhere because they have been frightened into doing so.
I'm not inclined to talk to anyone who has a mask on. I want to see their expressions. I am not convinced that masks are doing anything much to protect anyone. The virus is transmitting whether you have been vaccinated or not, whether you wear a mask or not. The best protection is good personal hygiene and common sense. We are not in the most dangerous stage of this pandemic by a long chalk now.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:11 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
There is a dedicated pandemic thread folks. Just sayin Very Happy

Point, but we are talking about something that grinds people's gears.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:16 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one is not bothered about principles I'm sure masks are no bother either Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:17 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Yeah, but you're a sociopath, so no one cares what you think Razz

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

Yeah, but you're a sociopath, so no one cares what you think Razz

A sociopath would actively seek company then exploit the social situation for themselves. Think, politicians.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:49 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

A sociopath would actively seek company then exploit the social situation for themselves. Think, politicians.

Dictionary definition: "A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviour."

I would say that having a general hate of people and company fits that.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Company I've chosen I have no issue with Very Happy Surrounded by folk I don't know isn't company I want or need.

And that's what Covid has highlighted. Selfish folk who cough on you, stand too fecking close.and sometimes combine that with a lack of mask are just so much more visible now.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:06 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Dictionary definition: "A person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviour."

I dont know what dictionary you used, but that looks like very poor definition. I think sociopathy falls under the umbrella of Anti-social personalty disorder. This doesn't in mean the person doesn't like social situations it means there personalty isnt conducive to promoting positive social behaviour, which by definition is a reciprocal thing, rather they would exploit or manipulate or in some way interfere in such situations and to their own benefit without regard to others needs. So, politicians.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:14 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I dont know what dictionary you used, but that looks like very poor definition.

Find me a dictionary definition you prefer.

Quote:
I think...

Oh, so opinion?

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sociopath, Far Right…
chickenstrip wrote:
Find me a dictionary definition.

Looks like chickenstrip has found a new game.
Very Happy

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Go check out the latest DSM, i think its up to 5.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:42 - 01 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

Very Happy

He's already getting lockdown brain and we're only at the mask stage Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:11 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Sociopath, Far Right…
chickenstrip wrote:
Find me a dictionary definition.

Very Happy

Everyone gotta have a hobby Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:23 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is grinding my gears today is presumptuous busybodies who act like thugs and think they know it all Rolling Eyes

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:38 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
What is grinding my gears today is presumptuous busybodies who act like thugs and think they know it all Rolling Eyes

Oh dear, you haven't attracted the attention of social services have you? Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:43 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Go check out the latest DSM, i think its up to 5.

I've usually gone with psychopaths are due to biology (I think the consensus is nature > nurture) or at least there is a strong genetic component whereas your sociopath is more from conditioning - exploiting ppl to survive rather than for pleasure. How does that sound?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:16 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amount of what I presume are scam emails saying your anti virus has expired. Goddledegook in the message and an unsubscribe button.

I presume you click on unsubscibe and a Nigerian prince comes and steals your crown jewels so I haven't but it's bloody frustrating I don't know how to reciprocate and fuck them up.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:49 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
The amount of what I presume are scam emails saying your anti virus has expired. Goddledegook in the message and an unsubscribe button.

I presume you click on unsubscibe and a Nigerian prince comes and steals your crown jewels so I haven't but it's bloody frustrating I don't know how to reciprocate and fuck them up.

The thing is, antivirus software does tend to be pretty fucking needs and starts bombarding you with messages, emails and notifications. Which is presumably why this kind of thing works some of the time.

So if a virus is an unwanted program that ties up system resources, allows others to take over functions of your computer, causes deliberate damage or steals your data for use elsewhere. At what point does an antivirus become a virus?

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not had anti-virus or firewall on my main PC since 2018.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 176, 177, 178  Next
Page 54 of 178