Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

I've usually gone with psychopaths are due to biology (I think the consensus is nature > nurture) or at least there is a strong genetic component whereas your sociopath is more from conditioning - exploiting ppl to survive rather than for pleasure. How does that sound?

Jury's out on that one. I think there's some opinion that brain damage during infancy could be an explanation for psychopathy. Personality disorders are heavily mediated by environment though. It could be perfect storm stuff as well, genetic developmental disorder from inherited genes limiting proper neurological development+ bump on the head + poor social environment during childhood = psycho-killer.

Interestingly my shift later today is with someone diagnosed as pre-psychopathic borderline personality disorder.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:33 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
At what point does an antivirus become a virus?

McAfee Sad

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:18 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that and Symantec/Norton and IBM Trusteer.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Polarbear wrote:
The amount of what I presume are scam emails saying your anti virus has expired. Goddledegook in the message and an unsubscribe button.

I presume you click on unsubscibe and a Nigerian prince comes and steals your crown jewels so I haven't but it's bloody frustrating I don't know how to reciprocate and fuck them up.

The thing is, antivirus software does tend to be pretty fucking needs and starts bombarding you with messages, emails and notifications. Which is presumably why this kind of thing works some of the time.

So if a virus is an unwanted program that ties up system resources, allows others to take over functions of your computer, causes deliberate damage or steals your data for use elsewhere. At what point does an antivirus become a virus?

Just use Windows Defender. It's very low profile, auto updates itself, is free and doesn't nag.

Oh and it's very good. Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:42 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Oh dear, you haven't attracted the attention of social services have you? Laughing

Course not.
I'm not silly enough to bother trying to fiddle them.
Pointless exercise in excessive stress.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:44 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Course not.
I'm not silly enough to bother trying to fiddle them.
Pointless exercise in excessive stress.

Well they are all on a fiddle.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:45 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wait, you mean social services, like social workers or "safeguarding experts"?
(sorry, I just immediately thought of "social welfare" Laughing )

Nah, don't have any use for any of them nobjockeys, either.
Just me.
Just hellkat.
Cool Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:54 - 02 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Oh wait, you mean social services, like social workers or "safeguarding experts"?
(sorry, I just immediately thought of "social welfare" Laughing )

Nah, don't have any use for any of them nobjockeys, either.
Just me.
Just hellkat.
Cool Thumbs Up

But one day, the knock on the door will come, a care home cell with your name on it awaits. Be prepared.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:06 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know. I know Rolling Eyes

Making the most of it till it does Wink

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the four wheeled garden trolley I’ve been trying to buy.

Delivery van arrives with a non English speaking driver , ok?
He makes strange gestures and mumbles in what I guess is an Eastern European accent, err ok?
It turns out he wants me to unload the package from the van myself Eh? ?
I tell him NO!, he is not happy but drags my parcel out to my doorstep.
I don’t know what he said as he was leaving but I’m sure it wasn’t polite Laughing , how sad ......not!

What a fugger to put together Shocked .
It seemed straightforward enough, but it took all afternoon to get it right.
However it’s done now and Pepperami is the proud owner of his own special little trolley.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:17 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Update on the four wheeled garden trolley I’ve been trying to buy.

Delivery van arrives with a non English speaking driver , ok?
He makes strange gestures and mumbles in what I guess is an Eastern European accent, err ok?
It turns out he wants me to unload the package from the van myself Eh? ?
I tell him NO!, he is not happy but drags my parcel out to my doorstep.
I don’t know what he said as he was leaving but I’m sure it wasn’t polite Laughing , how sad ......not!

What a fugger to put together Shocked .
It seemed straightforward enough, but it took all afternoon to get it right.
However it’s done now and Pepperami is the proud owner of his own special little trolley.

Is he still off it though?

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I’m fine, it’s my family who suspect that I’m a little bit off my trolley??
As for the driver, he can fkof!

Last edited by pepperami on 11:49 - 03 Dec 2021; edited 1 time in total

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:48 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting sorta palpitations a little bit, maybe.
Possibly I'm a tad stressed about the possibililty of going/not going to see Anita for Christmas.
Working myself into a bit of a lather Rolling Eyes

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:44 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Working myself into a bit of a lather

Tart.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:52 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Pepperami is the proud owner of his own special little trolley.

Very happy for you, mate Thumbs Up

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:06 - 03 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I'm getting sorta palpitations a little bit, maybe.
Possibly I'm a tad stressed about the possibililty of going/not going to see Anita for Christmas.
Working myself into a bit of a lather Rolling Eyes

Its a proven form of stress relief.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:10 - 04 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The use of emotive music during news reports.

martin734
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 00:07 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a face full of screenwash because the silly cunt in front of me hasn't adjusted their windscreen washer jets properly.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:32 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin734 wrote:
Getting a face full of screenwash because the silly cunt in front of me hasn't adjusted their windscreen washer jets properly.

I do that if a biker is up my chuff.

Even if the jet is aimed correctly you still get some splashback.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:44 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

I do that if a biker is up my chuff.

Don't. It's the ultimate passive-aggressive move, done by people who need deniability. Just worry about your own driving.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:32 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the point. As soon as anyone tailgates you're having to think for you AND them. Agree entirely that soaking the plank with screenwash isn't the best idea but I'd rather that than picking them out of my bumper.

It's something I've noticed has got markedly worse over the last 2 years, same as giving way to oncoming traffic when the obstruction is on your side of the road. Or pulling out of junctions into traffic because you think you've waited long enough.

We need mandatory theory refresher tests, not with a view to pass or fail but with a view to improving the general knowledge around road rules and how to share the road with others.

Todays gear grind for me is cars and SUVs with those new LED lights, my aging eyes find it increasingly difficult to deal with them at night. Even looking slightly away from them provides little respite. I suspect the only way to beat it is to get an SUV so my eyes are up above the dazzle point.

Can't wait for the dark nights and mornings to piss off.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

Todays gear grind for me is cars and SUVs with those new LED lights, my aging eyes find it increasingly difficult to deal with them at night.

I have them on my Mazda and pardon the pun, they are brilliant! I have the full adaptive lighting package on my car
and the headlights are BY FAR my favourite thing about the whole vehicle. They have an automatically selected wide
spread beam pattern in town driving conditions and a far longer pointed one on faster roads. Coupled with auto
high beams which sense low light conditions and come on when needed and which then dip when the car sees
tail lights, street lighting or oncoming headlights. Also they obviously switch on automatically when it gets dark/dreary.
They've also rather nicely used the same colour temperature LEDs on all the LED front lighting (Wrap around DRLs,
LED fogs and main headlights) so the lights all match in colour tone. I see many new cars with mismatched lights and I
think it looks gash. I like attention to detail, so think Mazda got this spot on.

Speaking as someone who has some trouble seeing in the dark I wouldn't swap them for anything especially
on unlit lanes and motorways the latter of which I use every day on my way home from work. And despite how
ludicrously bright they are, I've never had a single person in oncoming vehicle give me the full beams because I've
dazzled them. So I'm inclined to believe they are very effective in detecting oncoming traffic.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:13 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bath racecourse vaccine Centre.

You have to prebook so would expect its a reasonably quick process.

In reality, you have to queue to have your details checked.

Once that's done you have to squirt your hands and swap your mask for a fresh one, and then join a new queue.

You are then taken in groups to join another queue.

Your details are then taken and you then join a new queue. After squirting your hands again you are directed individually to another building.

To join another queue where you are expected to squirt your hands again.

Finally, after having had your details Che key again you are then called into a cubicle where you finally get your jab after giving your details again...

Then you have to sit there for a mandatory rest break before you are allowed to leave.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:15 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
UncleBFester wrote:

Todays gear grind for me is cars and SUVs with those new LED lights, my aging eyes find it increasingly difficult to deal with them at night.

I have them on my Mazda and pardon the pun, they are brilliant! I have the full adaptive lighting package on my car
and the headlights are BY FAR my favourite thing about the whole vehicle. They have an automatically selected wide
spread beam pattern in town driving conditions and a far longer pointed one on faster roads. Coupled with auto
high beams which sense low light conditions and come on when needed and which then dip when the car sees
tail lights, street lighting or oncoming headlights.
Also they obviously switch on automatically when it gets dark/dreary.
They've also rather nicely used the same colour temperature LEDs on all the LED front lighting (Wrap around DRLs,
LED fogs and main headlights) so the lights all match in colour tone. I see many new cars with mismatched lights and I
think it looks gash. I like attention to detail, so think Mazda got this spot on.

Speaking as someone who has some trouble seeing in the dark I wouldn't swap them for anything especially
on unlit lanes and motorways the latter of which I use every day on my way home from work. And despite how
ludicrously bright they are, I've never had a single person in oncoming vehicle give me the full beams because I've
dazzled them. So I'm inclined to believe they are very effective in detecting oncoming traffic.

I love it when wifie drives the Jag at night and the lights change up or down on the cars whim, it's 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I DIDN'T TELL YOU TO DO THAT.' I do chortle.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:10 - 05 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Bath racecourse vaccine Centre.

You have to prebook so would expect its a reasonably quick process.

In reality, you have to queue to have your details checked.

Once that's done you have to squirt your hands and swap your mask for a fresh one, and then join a new queue.

You are then taken in groups to join another queue.

Your details are then taken and you then join a new queue. After squirting your hands again you are directed individually to another building.

To join another queue where you are expected to squirt your hands again.

Finally, after having had your details Che key again you are then called into a cubicle where you finally get your jab after giving your details again...

Then you have to sit there for a mandatory rest break before you are allowed to leave.

I went through the NHS and social care vaccination clinics, bloody marvelous, like using the first class departure lounge, I was suprised a nurse in a little sexy uniform didn't bring me a cup of tea and sime biscuits afterwards.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 114 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 55 of 176