Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 23 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People unusually tetchy out there on the roads today. Feels like something isn't quite right. And what's with all the noobs on bikes, overtaking at 80 to 90mph in a 30 and almost going straight into an oncoming car. Almost as if they're trying to create Moto Madness content.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:37 - 23 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Stinkers Wub
... it was getting a little unwieldy.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:10 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

GettinBetter wrote:

Mm.. as a time served life long precision engineer, anything more than that 0.001" would to me, be a sausage in a bucket. I'd prefer a couple of tenths of a thou' or even a slight interferance fit.
Yes it'll work, with a lot more, but I know that the more play/slop, the more it'll thump back and forth on the driving faces of that spline and wear the spline more.

However the fact that it's rusted on doesn't tell the full story, it may have been a good fit, and just a slight bit of rust has stuck it solid, as the steel surface oxidises it expands, so it wouldn't have to expand much if it was a good fit in the first place. Soon tell tomorrow...

Meh. The shaft will be case-hardened carbon steel. The sprocket will be mild steel. Which is going to be the bit that's rusted?

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:16 - 24 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandra Bullock never getting her tits out. Really pisses me off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:13 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's 3.07am and I've just finished clearing up the broken glass in my sink from the now broken beaker from my Bodum French
press, it was a slag to get out of it's external handle thingy and required a firm push to get it out for washing. Alas, I pushed too
hard and it shot out suddenly and smashed while I was trying to wash it out.

So now it's fvcked. Evil or Very Mad Had to get my spare one out of the cupboard for my next morning coffee hit. Sod it!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:31 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Alas, I pushed too

I feel your pain, my solution was to buy a Tassimo machine. Addmitedly not as good but easy and they don't shatter if you look at them the wrong way.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:44 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody foxes keep trying to bury eggs on my lawn.
So thats two holes, one for the egg and one to cover it up.
Bastards.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:00 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Bastards.

it squirrels that dig our lawn. the other half feeds them as well Neutral

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:21 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rats with fluffy tails.

Grey?

Take a .22 to them when the wife isn't looking.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:58 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:
grr666 wrote:
Alas, I pushed too

I feel your pain, my solution was to buy a Tassimo machine. Addmitedly not as good but easy and they don't shatter if you look at them the wrong way.

According to a chemical engineer friend of mine who works in the food sector, aero-presses are what all the cool kids should be using. Also pretty much impossible to break. Because science apparently. I wouldn't know because I hate coffee.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that I have to stay within easy distance of a toilet for an hour after a cup of coffee. Great if I need a fast 'empty', but not so good if out and about...

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:19 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Bastards.

I feel your pain Surprised .
We’ve got bloody moles around here Shocked Evil or Very Mad .
You wait till those little barstewards start thier nonsense on your lawn Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

According to a chemical engineer friend of mine who works in the food sector, aero-presses are what all the cool kids should be using. Also pretty much impossible to break. Because science apparently. I wouldn't know because I hate coffee.

Apparently they remove the acidity and bitterness. All I have is acidity and bitterness so no aeropress for me.

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:17 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Aeropress is the dogs bollocks for a quick single cup. Packs so small mine even went to Switzerland with me.
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:54 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:

You wait till those little barstewards start thier nonsense on your lawn Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad .

"There's only one way to get rid of a mole..." Mr. Green
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:10 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
recman wrote:
Bastards.

We're not posh enough for moles.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Rats with fluffy tails.

Grey?

Take a .22 to them when the wife isn't looking.

yep greys. the last time i saw a red down here, was in the 1970's.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:40 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
pepperami wrote:

Yep, spread uniquely fake information. As soon a that little sucka's story hits the Daily Mail you got him. To be sure you need to assemble him and the remaining eight moles, get them strapped into the contraption and get the hammer out.

mentalboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
recman wrote:
Bastards.

You lot think you have it bad, I went out the back door last night and nearly stepped on a raccoon that was troughing from the bowl of shit my batty mother-in-law puts out to attract stray cats. The raccoon didn't give a flying fuck that I was only two feet away from him and retreated at a leisurely pace to six feet away until I stepped back indoors and he could take up where he left off. I only went out to flick off a June Bug that had taken up residence on my shorts....

Only a couple of days ago I spotted the biggest motherfucking Black Widow spider that I have ever seen, that one got hastily stamped on...

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Yep, spread uniquely fake information. As soon a that little sucka's story hits the Daily Mail you got him. To be sure you need to assemble him and the remaining eight moles, get them strapped into the contraption and get the hammer out.

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. My subtle reference was to Jaspar Carrott, which for those of a certain age, is an "of course" thing. Ah, remember the days when there was this thing called "comedy"?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

My subtle reference was to Jaspar Carrott, which for those of a certain age, is an "of course" thing. Ah, remember the days when there was this thing called "comedy"?

I got it Thumbs Up .................... old?, of a certain age? I have no idea what you’re on about! Embarassed

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:40 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

mentalboy wrote:

You lot think you have it bad, I went out the back door last night and nearly stepped on a raccoon that was troughing from the bowl of shit my batty mother-in-law puts out to attract stray cats. The raccoon didn't give a flying fuck that I was only two feet away from him and retreated at a leisurely pace to six feet away until I stepped back indoors and he could take up where he left off. I only went out to flick off a June Bug that had taken up residence on my shorts....

Only a couple of days ago I spotted the biggest motherfucking Black Widow spider that I have ever seen, that one got hastily stamped on...

Well don't y'all go blaming us for you choosing to imigrate to fekin Australia Mate.

Rolling Eyes

Fisty
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:30 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today it was raining.

I didn't have a Pal to remove the rain.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I have absolutely no idea what you're on about. My subtle reference was to Jaspar Carrott, which for those of a certain age, is an "of course" thing. Ah, remember the days when there was this thing called "comedy"?

A mole as an insider, leading into Whack-a-mole. It's not funny because I had to explain it Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:16 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
According to a chemical engineer friend of mine who works in the food sector, aero-presses are what all the cool kids should be using.

Amazing for camping. It's something else to wake up on the top of Wetherlam, and be able to chuck up a good coffee while looking out over the lakes.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 268 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 13 of 177