Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
it's really quite simple, don't go over the limit, don't get done Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=160752 ...another BCF hypocrite, what a surprise.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:33 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hardly hypocritical. It's a statement of fact.

It's making the point that if you get caught, don't complain. It's entirely within your control to avoid getting ncked.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the dictionary definition, especially when your example was worse.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 17:39 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
BanditsHigh wrote:
it's really quite simple, don't go over the limit, don't get done Laughing

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=160752 ...another BCF hypocrite, what a surprise.

Sigh, I take it you have the basic ability to not only read but also understand what has been written (or am I assuming incorrectly) ... from the post you've dragged up ...

BanditsHigh wrote:
Well I was a bad boy, I just got done for speeding ... I have no problem with that, but I do have a problem with getting an offence code recorded on my licence which isn't the correct one.

So, at what point am I being a hypocrite?

I've had my fair share of traffic offences over the years, even got a careless driving for undertaking a private taxi on a motorway ... fecker wouldn't move out of the overtaking lane even though there was nothing on the inside lane for about a mile ... cop apologised for doing me but said if it had just been the undertake then it'd have been a word in the ear, but I went over the speed limit!

I don't whinge and moan when I've broken the law, even if the law is an ass ... I act like a big boy and accept it for what is is ... I broke a rule and therefore suffer the consequences!!

All the best ... Barry
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 17:46 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
@ Banditshigh
I find you've just gotta noise folks up. Instead of sitting waiting for them to get in touch, get in touch with them. ...

Been in touch multiple times, whenever I phone and say gimme a bell back he never does.

I've reached the age now where I really don't care anymore ... says he posting on what grinds my gears Laughing ... and I'm the sort that doesn't really enjoy confrontation.

At the end of the day, another day starts ... oops ... if they don't want to be friends then fair enough, I'm content in life (at last) and don't need them ... it's their loss as far as I'm concerned Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:57 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

And at what point did I bitch about it?

At no point did I say that I don't speed on occasion, bbut I did say it's entirely the drivers own fault.

Please explain exactly how it's hypocritical to say 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
M.C wrote:

Sigh, I take it you have the basic ability to not only read but also understand what has been written (or am I assuming incorrectly) ... from the post you've dragged up ...

Dragged up? I typed in your username and speeding and it was the first result Laughing

BanditsHigh wrote:

When you tell someone don't go over the limit, don't get done then it transpires you've done the same thing in a worse example.

The fact you're giving out butthurt downvotes shows I've struck a nerve by highlighting your hypocrisy Wink

BanditsHigh wrote:
I don't whinge and moan when I've broken the law, even if the law is an ass ... I act like a big boy and accept it for what is is ... I broke a rule and therefore suffer the consequences!!

All the best ... Barry

It's a f'ing grinds my gears thread. People moan about all kinds of shit in here... Barry.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
M.C wrote:

And at what point did I bitch about it?

At no point did I say that I don't speed on occasion, bbut I did say it's entirely the drivers own fault.

Please explain exactly how it's hypocritical to say 'if you can't do the time, don't do the crime'?

I was referring to BanditsHigh, but as you want to be involved...

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=3845794#3845794 Laughing

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:21 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
BanditsHigh wrote:

When you tell someone don't go over the limit, don't get done then it transpires you've done the same thing in a worse example.

I stated DON'T go over the limit and you won't get done ... it's a statement of fact, I'm not telling anyone anything!!

M.C wrote:
The fact you're giving out butthurt downvotes shows I've struck a nerve by highlighting your hypocrisy Wink

I DISAGREE with what you've posted as you are factually incorrect in what you said, the fact that it's a down vote is due to the ratings system, it is merely the rating which best represents my feelings about the post!

I may strongly defend my position on certain things when I believe I'm correct, however, I'm the first to admit when I get something wrong and apologise for my mistake ... I'm not butthurt at all as you so eloquently put it!

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:29 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It's a f'ing grinds my gears thread. People moan about all kinds of shit in here... Barry.

Oh I hadn't noticed!

Usually people are moaning about something which they find annoying ... you on the other hand are directly attacking me as an individual calling me a hypocrite, when the complete opposite is true.

What's even worse is that seem you to lack the reasoning to understand when you are in the wrong!

Not only that, but you then start on another member because they dared point out the fact that I wasn't a hypocrite!!

All the best ... Barry

P.S. My apologies to all other BCF members for this inane crap!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:51 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
M.C wrote:

I stated DON'T go over the limit and you won't get done ... it's a statement of fact, I'm not telling anyone anything!!

I'm not misrepresenting you, you said it with a laughing emoji to poke fun at me, not so funny now is it?

BanditsHigh wrote:
M.C wrote:

I DISAGREE with what you've posted as you are factually incorrect in what you said, the fact that it's a down vote is due to the ratings system, it is merely the rating which best represents my feelings about the post!

I may strongly defend my position on certain things when I believe I'm correct, however, I'm the first to admit when I get something wrong and apologise for my mistake ... I'm not butthurt at all as you so eloquently put it!

Firstly it's the dictionary definition, secondly you aren't regularly downvoting people so don't try and act like it wasn't butthurt.

BanditsHigh wrote:
M.C wrote:

Oh I hadn't noticed!

Usually people are moaning about something which they find annoying ... you on the other hand are directly attacking me as an individual calling me a hypocrite, when the complete opposite is true.

What's even worse is that seem you to lack the reasoning to understand when you are in the wrong!

Not only that, but you then start on another member because they dared point out the fact that I wasn't a hypocrite!!

All the best ... Barry

Which you started by trying to be a smart arse at 3am when you had missed the pile-on... which the other member led. Now you're trying to act all sanctimonious when you were the one who reignited something that was over.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:48 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
so don't try and act like it wasn't butthurt.

Whereas all of your ranting... Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:04 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
M.C wrote:
so don't try and act like it wasn't butthurt.

Whereas all of your ranting... Laughing

Merely defending myself against sad old men on the internet, who seemingly need to form a gang to go up against me Smile

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:08 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we kicked all the sad old men from this forum there'd be no one left Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:31 - 29 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:

No worries!
We're all pretending not to read it Wink Thumbs Up

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:03 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
If we kicked all the sad old men from this forum there'd be no one left Laughing

Who's sad?

If I feel in any way depressed, bcf is the last place I seek solace.

Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:51 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Easy-X wrote:

Who's sad?

If I feel in any way depressed, bcf is the last place I seek solace.

Laughing

I'm not sad. I'm a happy old man.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 11:27 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

People, who no matter how wrong they are, despite being proven to be wrong on so many levels, continue to try and prove that they are right!

There comes a point where you realise they are a sad individual and walk away to get on with your life.

For example ...

I had a colleague once who said that their parents, while high up in the mountains, couldn't get potatoes to boil ... I said it was due to the boiling temperature of water dropping by 1c for every 1000 feet you went up ... you'd need a pressure cooker!

Cue the .... ooh you're talking absolute rubbish, you couldn't be more wrong ... that was until he google'd it!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:51 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

^
BanditsHigh wrote:
My apologies to all other BCF members for this inane crap!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:13 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
People, who no matter how wrong they are, despite being proven to be wrong on so many levels, continue to try and prove that they are right!

There comes a point where you realise they are a sad individual and walk away to get on with your life.

For example ...

I had a colleague once who said that their parents, while high up in the mountains, couldn't get potatoes to boil ... I said it was due to the boiling temperature of water dropping by 1c for every 1000 feet you went up ... you'd need a pressure cooker!

Cue the .... ooh you're talking absolute rubbish, you couldn't be more wrong ... that was until he google'd it!

The difficulty boiling tatties on a mountain isn't necessarily due to atmospheric pressure.

When is the last time you seen a Tesco or Morrisons at 15000ft who sell tatties?

You could probably use powdered or boil them before you climbed the mountain.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:54 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:

Reminds me of an argument I had with a mate down the pub...

"You'd have an argument with a brick wall!"

"Aye, and you'd know who'd win."

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:02 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got caught speeding the other week.

58 in a 50.

Didn't see the signs.

Did the course.

Gears ground because it was 9am on an empty motorway and the course was Saturday 9-11.30.

Mr. Green

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:22 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

The difficulty boiling tatties on a mountain isn't necessarily due to atmospheric pressure.

When is the last time you seen a Tesco or Morrisons at 15000ft who sell tatties?

Cannae make a cup of tea up there though.

You could probably freeze-dry your tatties then pound them up and rehydrate them.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

You could probably freeze-dry your tatties then pound them up and rehydrate them.

Ouch!

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:31 - 30 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
MCN wrote:

Cannae make a cup of tea up there though.

Ya cannae indeed.

At Everest base camp (5364m) water boils at 81.5C At the South Col (7900m) it boils at 71.8C. Mind you there are worse things to worry about than a decent cup of tea. Laughing

Mountaineers on the big mountains also tend to carry freeze dried food mainly because it weighs very little. Razz
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 58 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 132 of 176