Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What Grinds my gears

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:09 - 23 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excessively courteous kn*bhead drivers who give way to everyone without thinking what might happen behind. The car three-ahead in town kept stopping to let people park/depart, then we stop at a zebra crossing (fair enough), move off again and immediately stop to let another car pull out. There’s a chirp of tyres behind and I’m nearly rear-ended by a pickup truck. Right of way, get a f*kn move on!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:21 - 23 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Excessively courteous kn*bhead drivers who give way to everyone without thinking what might happen behind. The car three-ahead in town kept stopping to let people park/depart, then we stop at a zebra crossing (fair enough), move off again and immediately stop to let another car pull out. There’s a chirp of tyres behind and I’m nearly rear-ended by a pickup truck. Right of way, get a f*kn move on!

Yeah, i f##kin hate when im turning across dual carriageway and some "gentleman jim" in the right hand lane slows or stops and starts waving, urging you to cross in front of them with no clue about the hurtling vehicles coming up on their inside. Im regularly faced with these t1ts when getting off the dual carriageway near where i live. Just the other day some idiot in a very flash BMW did this while a bludy Rolls was pileing along ready to T-bone anything that cut across its path. Hand signals ensued. In fact it happens so often im thinking of making a flash card up to wave back.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:22 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only let people in when I'm drunk.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skudd wrote:

The sad, no fault, just is ones.

If it stays courteous and you can agree on the split of things and child access (if applicable) etc.. then hopefully all will go well. I'm (hopefully) close to the end of my drawn out divorce which has been confusing and at times emotionally charged. But I do have an insight into the process now. Feel free to PM me if you have any Qs as I 'might' be able to answer them.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 09:33 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

This, absofuckinglutely.

Does my tits in.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People letting you out when they're the only one around.. You don't expect it, so they get frustrated when you don't realise.

Just go past, I can go after you're gone!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:38 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
People letting you out when they're the only one around.. You don't expect it, so they get frustrated when you don't realise.

Just go past, I can go after you're gone!

I would add to this theme people who dont know how to turn across a cross road junction. How do they pass a driving test?

I was wondering if there should be a road safety campaign where every now and then there was a postal campaign where simple leaflets covering just a couple of issues a time get sent out. The government could even make it law that junkmail has to include road safety info.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adding to that, when there is a centre lane for turning right designed to allow following cars to go past, but the user just straddles the line or leaves the back end sticking out, negating the whole point of it.
I should be allowed to hand out tickets.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Adding to that, when there is a centre lane for turning right designed to allow following cars to go past, but the user just straddles the line or leaves the back end sticking out, negating the whole point of it.
I should be allowed to hand out tickets.

I've thought for a long time there should be traffic marshals who can just pull people over not to ticket them but just give a bolloking and explain where road users are screwing up.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:06 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want then you can submit dash cam footage to the police which can be used to prosecute the driver.

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petrol.

Need some. Can't get any. Entire roads turned into queues for petrol stations, and stations running out and closing. Thanks panic buyers.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:33 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Petrol.

Need some. Can't get any. Entire roads turned into queues for petrol stations, and stations running out and closing. Thanks panic buyers.

How many stations had a real problem? The story I read was "a handful of BP & Esso/Tesco garages" and yet... queues and queues at my local Shell garage.

Feeling a bit smug as I filled the bike to the brim last week Smile

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:51 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me the situation was choreographed by press and minister announcements to allow the new visa thing just announced.
There was no shortage of fuel and there isn't much missing from supermarket shelves either.
There has always been occasional supply issues the worst thing they can do is hype it up to induce panic buying they are just playing people for headlines it's just too easy these days with live bulletins all day.
It wouldn't work when you had a daily or weekly newspaper which mainly concentrated on actual news rather than inventing stuff to make headlines.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry cans on order (I currently only have a 5l one), because I think we're going to see odd situations happen like this from time to time.

I thought I'd go and look a bit farther afield than my local area (people here are hardwired to hoard stuff, it seems, going by the proud photos they took last year of their apartments and houses brimmed with rice, flour, tinned stuff, etc.) I went quite far afield but the situation was the same-ish everywhere. Crazy queues at every petrol station along the way. Now, local social media says a lot of those queues are gone, as the stations have depleted and are closed.

Doesn't look good, does it. We'll see what happens next week.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't going on a bit of a trip next week I really wouldn't have bothered filling the motor but I had to join the hoards earlier.
I called my nearest Costco to see what the situation was like and they said things were busy but flowing.
It was pretty rammed but the amount of pumps made things a lot easier than if I'd gone to my local Asda.

JackButler
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 23:37 - 24 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who panic buy 'cos everyone else is panic buying. Then slag off all the other the panic buyers 'cos they have to wait in a queue to do their panic buying.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:40 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
If I wasn't going on a bit of a trip next week I really wouldn't have bothered filling the motor but I had to join the hoards earlier.
I called my nearest Costco to see what the situation was like and they said things were busy but flowing.
It was pretty rammed but the amount of pumps made things a lot easier than if I'd gone to my local Asda.

Down here the pumps for ASDA are 'IN' the carpark. You couldn't get into the shopping part to go shopping due to the queue from the pumps blocking the entrance road.

Where are all these idiots suddenly going!

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call me a pessimist if you like, but I think there could be a real problem here, and it may not be fixed by the end of this week. The people who are doing a run on the petrol stations today may very well be the same people who did that yesterday, and who will do it again tomorrow, and the day after. They probably drove 5 miles, and then panicked again, and joined the queue to top up. So it may not matter how much they actually have in the tank, because it's an obsessiveness compelling them to keep topping up. It may even have a social element; something to chat about on social media and talk about with friends and family.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:16 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Call me a pessimist if you like, but I think there could be a real problem here, and it may not be fixed by the end of this week.

I was just thinking, “Nah, it’ll all calm down in the next couple of days,” but you could be right. If what I read is true there’s been a £30 limit so no one’s been allowed to brim the tank. Before I had bikes I used to get twitchy when the fuel gauge on the car went below a half. It was daft but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s still common among car drivers.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I used to get twitchy when the fuel gauge on the car went below a half. It was daft but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s still common among car drivers.

A lot I know seem to run them nearly empty a lot and only put e.g. £10 or £20 in when they have to because it's been in the red for ten miles
Women are worst at this Laughing

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:11 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely run my cars past 3/4 of a tank. They often sit for extended periods depending which I'm using or if I'm on the bike.

So for me I started the lunacy with 2 cars with full tanks and I'd only just filled the bike before that blithering idiot from BP yelled shortage on the news.

But the number of folk crowding out Tesco / Esso / BP but no one touching Fina or any of the other lesser brands ... might go and see if its busy at 4am and get me a big mac Very Happy

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:32 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
If what I read is true there’s been a £30 limit so no one’s been allowed to brim the tank.

A limit is all well and good, but what's to stop people on an empty tank filling up @ £30 at one station then driving to the next to get the next £30 worth down the road?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:04 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Down here the pumps for ASDA are 'IN' the carpark. You couldn't get into the shopping part to go shopping due to the queue from the pumps blocking the entrance road.

Where are all these idiots suddenly going!

Yeah, same as my local store, really bad planning.
Its often needlessly clogged up but with a small amount of work, congestion could be eased.
Its the same with the location of the self-scanning guns.
The store entrance is often blocked by people queueing to pick one up.
I'm debating whether or not to reactivate my HGV license, it could be a nice little earner.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
I'm debating whether or not to reactivate my HGV license, it could be a nice little earner.

Why not .. help yourslef help your country.

I was also wondering if there's any demand for 7.5 ton drivers which us old folk can do on a car licence ..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 26 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Why not .. help yourslef help your country.

I was also wondering if there's any demand for 7.5 ton drivers which us old folk can do on a car licence ..

This^+1 , not seen any ads in any of our local rags.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 183 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 174, 175, 176  Next
Page 30 of 176