Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What kind of solicitor do I need for this car crash claim

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

BillyJ
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 11:04 - 12 Apr 2024    Post subject: What kind of solicitor do I need for this car crash claim Reply with quote

Hey all, it’s been a while. I’m looking for some advice on what kind of solicitor I need to sort out the payout from an accident I had at the end of last year

Key points:
    - The accident happened in Belgium
    - I was rear ended in my car by another car on the motorway
    - The police attended and liability was admitted by the third-party at the scene
    - There were no personal injuries
    - The third-party is a company car
    - My insurance company want no involvement as the accident was in Europe where they only cover me third-party and they say due to it being non-fault they won’t get involved
    - I contacted the third-party insurance directly and sent them a quote for repair following a request for it
    -The quote was approximately £19k
    - They instructed is a UK based claims/insurance company to have an engineer inspect my vehicle
    - My vehicle was previously cat S damaged and repaired
    - The insurance company in the UK have said they will offer me £12,000 as the quote I sent them includes repairing damage from the previous damage on the car (this is not correct, the quote only includes damage from this accident) and they are not responsible for this
    - I replied, explaining why I will not accept the offer, and I have just emailed me back, essentially, ignoring my message and explaining again why the offer is what it is, which doesn’t make any sense… in my eyes, I can’t drive my car now because of their client, I want my car to be in the state it was before the accident
    - The offer they provided is from a garage who they say is not willing to take out the repair. Therefore the quote they are using is completely invalid?

Anyway, any advice would be helpful. I called up a few car accident solicitors who want to take 25% no-win no fee, it’s anlready won and I don’t feel like giving up £5000 for a few negotiation emails. Any thoughts on what to do?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 12 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask round your local solicitors for a per hour rate and outline what you want. Pretty much "say this..." and the solicitor adds the legal fluffery and headed notepaper. Hopefully shit will start moving again.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:54 - 12 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

don't mess about:

https://www.whitedalton.co.uk/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

BillyJ
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 15:03 - 12 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

Good shout, I used them YEARS ago and they were really good then. Unfortunately just called and they can’t help as it was in Belgium :’)

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 15 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyJ wrote:
MarJay wrote:

Good shout, I used them YEARS ago and they were really good then. Unfortunately just called and they can’t help as it was in Belgium :’)

You need to hire a Belgian solicitor.

It's exactly the same in the UK.
If I have a case in England a Scottish solicitor will not be willing to represent me in court/send letters.

How you get a Belgian lawyer is the thing.

Your insurance company are kunts.
The third party insurers are being kunts too.

It smells like the Belgian fukers know the problem for you to get legal representation.

That's how these kunts play.

You could bite the bullet and Ryanair your arse over to their offices with a gallon of unleaded. (Just sayin')

Ask rac aa

Or your local legal beavers as suggested.

But.... lawyers are slippery feckers so may advise that they can't advise. Either they have no expertise or legally, they are prohibited.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 16 Apr 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

No exact parallel but some time back I was side-swiped by a German lorry (in UK) - no idea of teh costs but doors and wing were involved but it remained driveable.

Lorry driver admitted fault and gave me his details - Allianz - I did not notify my insurers cos not my fault. I called Allianz UK office every day for weeks (asking when are you going to repair my car?)
until they were fed up to the back teeth with me. The car got repaired at a local approved body shop. I also refused courtesy car to avoid further insurance complication so had to use wife's car and bicycle for a while.

The only snag with this approach now is fewer actual people and more compooters..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1