Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 16:47 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted a tool roll like my old one, that took ages to find.

https://images.z900rs.co.uk/5B005F06-3B21-4B49-805B-BF3ADD0E3CC6.jpg

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotted a nice carbon can (Remus Viper) that was getting binned on a Viffer group. Guy even dropped it off for me if I covered petrol. Might well buy his bike off him in the not too distant future...

aaaanyway.... it looked like this after splitting on the guy when he was giving it some over the Mountain on the TT course.
https://i.imgur.com/0T9ArSUl.jpg

And like this after I set the welders about it in work. I can weld decently, but not as well as someone who does it all day every day. Might as well use the "work perks" heavily in my last week. It came with a High level link pipe as well, so I'll figure out fitting that at the weekend.
https://i.imgur.com/kf2DqkBl.jpg

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:55 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a rear reflector so my bike had at least a chance of passing its MOT, but it’s raining so it’ll have to wait. Better get the thing booked in though or I’ll have to pedal it and my laptop weighs a bloody ton.

om15
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Himalayan has a problem with the stock screen, for riders of my height it causes helmet buffet when on open road riding. TEC and Hitchcocks have both designed and sell short windscreens to address the problem.
Being a skinflint I have carried out a DIY mod on my standard screen, road tested today and found to be satisfactory.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:55 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hit pheasant and broke n/s indicator

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:27 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Did you collect the corpse for dinner?

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 29 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure i actually killed it tbh

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:12 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted new drive belt to Scoot

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pwWK2Wrl5ZAIRsYcKgaVPcmW9B8KflUUQHNiITDXCGVhT_Sp62jsfwtU6H2v56s2T03qTFE4st9W0RYWe6K9a8M-Eynwe5SXrxKGJ0tirsfPr9NfDdTGRBTqPDzOEZ-p_io_232DY3aXAFgBRv7DRYaWKncDtFB7L-WUItQBs0rG7iLsbXVi1oJiBZ4tpMrSebaUnnkh7KyqCTWrQrrfC5eyuJ4IixcCAfrOPKaVMoOYQTOuOv7LB2ldNG10UkgZvKJvxw0aJ90rBL36NsdG1xEY7UHXhALSaeCxNHQpyjrXbRoEVgOUQ3lkdGOj3n0s5sCiNT2hmgcBwFAGFPRJ3nlVO5pr0r5a86ZcVq72Q1pc6jAJw_1AOK5XTWOE2fBGlKGB0kjo06NN1cjkiPYWdV15vmXht2GAfTlrJ_NTedj6DC0PCdqdEahxAkszTozNTzwxBpOTwy44FPDKKPzMG-Ho1yMHMi6VoQEMf-EKXxvrNpvim_B_6-ythHLdDvUb5n7CRNDFzZReooUptgm-kiS2xE3cuu7C0AYuNPdImovXmshgmdUCLW-5vgXXFW4HmW9-cOgm25p0ahx6wFkOxXZZoANkY7PqWddFujlZO0iT_X7OkHdSOxpXPWgKb-OR6pYc3kcYz-S_smtU9MqmG1B20HuCnEDoWA5NwQE1mO0-6ja5A-7-Mi4w8mrqDzgNXnkwr1OyJB_i7qxU6ggskqNu1Q=w2105-h1578-no?authuser=0%20
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

CHARLEY SAYS " ALWAYS TELL YOUR MUMMY BEFORE YOU GO OFF SOMEWHERE"

Last edited by Brava210 on 19:02 - 02 Oct 2021; edited 6 times in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:24 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't see those pictures, are they marked as private?

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:02 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I can't see those pictures, are they marked as private?

I can see them but then I would, I can never figure out Google pics Sharing
Honda Novio, Puch Grand Prix, Suzuki AP50, CZ 125, Wassell 125, Montesa 348,Honda 125TDC, Suzuki 100ER, Suzuki GSF650 Bandit, Aprillia Pegaso, Honda PCX125, Honda Forza300, BMW G310 GS, Suzuki SFV650, Honda CB500X

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:30 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally took the plunge and attempted to start the GSX from jumpstarting it off the Harley.

At first, the GSX was just going "brrrt" when I turned the key. So I went and bought some jump leads, and read the instructions of how to put them on without blowing myself up.

That part went very well.
But ultimately it did not work.

The GSX turns over but I remembered that the guy in the shop when I picked it up said you have to hold the choke in place for a bit.

So then when I realised I might have to take the sidestand up (!!! Brick Wall !!!) and balance it, I did *nearly* get it started, I could feel it wanting to pick up under the throttle.

But the next time I tried, worried about flooding the engine, it wouldn't pick up under the throttle again Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

When I was jumpstarting, I put the red and black in the right place, cos it certainly fired up properly, but when I took them off again, it just went "brrrt" again.

I am not sure, I don't think it is quite out of petrol, I could hear gas slooshing around in there, but it *is* in the orange zone - so I guess it is rather low. I wonder if I might have to suck some out of the Harley and put it in the GSX just to be sure (they are both old and will probably be better with E5 anyway, which I put in the Harley on the way back from Halfords).

NB. It looks like a brand new battery.

But not today cos now I have hurt my wrist. Laughing

Rolling Eyes

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:54 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
But not today cos now I have hurt my wrist. Laughing
Rolling Eyes

However!
The fact that I got this far is remarkable for me, as my levels of procrastination have reached epic proportions again, and I was about to just call the RAC and get them to start it for me.

I even used an imperial spanner correctly to get the seat off.

The motivating factor is that the Harley MOT runs out next week and it will probably be off the road for a bit until I get those chaps in the garage to put it through its paces, including replacing the clutch cable and fiddle-arsing about with the side-stand which is dropping too low.

I even bought some spare set of indicators in case they need replacing for the MOT. Cos I have no idea about bulbs in the indicators and there were too many people in the shop for me to stand around waiting to ask about bulbs. Quicker to just buy the whole set cos they were on the shelf in front of me at Halfords Rolling Eyes

I am currently devoid of consorts to do it for me, having decided that I needed to cut back on their services and reduce them all to mere "known associates" instead ... apart from the senior consort who is in hospital having his knee replaced anyway Rolling Eyes

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:08 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I finally took the plunge and attempted to start the GSX from jumpstarting it off the Harley.

why didnt you use your shiny new Optimate on the battery?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

that would be illegal, and we dont break the law on BCF Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:20 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Filled a classic bike with E10 (that's all they had, after a long queue at the pump). Bad, right? Well, I didn't travel far on it - just went down the road and back home. Added water (up to the brim), agitated the tank and will drain about a litre or so of fluid from the fuel tap tomorrow. This should, I expect, bring the percentage of ethanol down to just below 5%.

Brava210
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:36 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitted another fairing panel....

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:40 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

that would be illegal, and we dont break the law on BCF Wink

How is it illegal to collect.and dispose.of.dead wildlife.on the carriageway?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:19 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
hellkat wrote:

why didnt you use your shiny new Optimate on the battery?

Well.
I sorta did.
But prolly not how I reckon its *supposed* to be used.
So I fucked that idea off before I blew myself/the bike up, and went off to get some jump leads, which is what I should have done in the first place Laughing

I think I'm scheduled to take off the battery tomorrow and put the Optimate to work, but I have to check the distilled water in the battery first, apparently.

Can one make one's own distilled water, or does one have to buy it pre-distilled?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 07:44 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of litres of distilled water is about a quid. You can scrape ice out of your freezer but you neeed loads of it and invariably end up with a bit of cauliflower cheese and a manky chip in it.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:17 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would water from a dehumidifier count as distilled? According to most answers on google that's a yes. I've certainly used it to fill batteries before (a long time ago though), and it was fine.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:57 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
Filled a classic bike with E10 (that's all they had, after a long queue at the pump). Bad, right? Well, I didn't travel far on it - just went down the road and back home. Added water (up to the brim), agitated the tank and will drain about a litre or so of fluid from the fuel tap tomorrow. This should, I expect, bring the percentage of ethanol down to just below 5%.

Define 'classic' ?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:43 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:

Hmm let us know how this works out. Sounds like sure fire way to get water in the carb(s). I appreciate the theory but I'd sooner do it in a different see-through container.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:

Define 'classic' ?

Anything old which I like. Smile
In this case, 40 years old.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Hmm let us know how this works out. Sounds like sure fire way to get water in the carb(s). I appreciate the theory but I'd sooner do it in a different see-through container.

Will advise, if there are any problems. Draining it off tonight. That's left plenty of time to separate out.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put 3,000 miles on my CX500 since E10 was mandated... No problems here.

No MPG changes to speak of and power is the same too.

EDIT: Though I realise I've done approximately 15,000 miles on E10 in Europe over the past 5 years.... Cool

Last edited by blurredman on 08:22 - 06 Oct 2021; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 197 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 8 of 47