Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What have you done to your bike today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:19 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks like a pleasure of a place to work in! Jelly! Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

blurredman wrote:
That looks like a pleasure of a place to work in! Jelly! Embarassed

im jealous of the 2 bikes in the corner.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:42 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold the Fireblade. It's just too easy to do utterly silly speeds without realising it.

Bought some bits for the Crossrunner and the KDX.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:18 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ringy Dingy fun turned up. I bought the KDX220 from SophR so good and she even delivered it.

https://i.imgur.com/hcWWu9Wl.jpg

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:31 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dibs.when you quadrospz yourself.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 06 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

New alternator belt. Old one was well past it's best at 120k+ miles.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:39 - 07 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Final, FINAL shakedown ride on my project bike. The fuel line had been giving me trouble, so I've been trying different hosing route and filter setups. That was a proper test. Didn't even take any tools with me. I think I can finally say it's complete.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 20 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to help the old fella fit new clutch plates for the Z1000 today. He'd already swapped them by the time I got round there: "piece of piss compared to the Triumph!" I don't doubt that Smile

So, new oil and filter. Spec is 10W40, maybe you'd go as high as 20W50 if racing or in a hot climate. Anyhoo, he's bought 5W40 car oil, at least it's synthetic I suppose Rolling Eyes

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:54 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooked the KDX up to a 12v battery and made it go go ring ding. The missus wasnt happy about the amount of smoke. Whoops. Twisted Evil Laughing Add your own Ring Ding noises as Imgur doesnt embed properly.
https://i.imgur.com/vvfxvLe.mp4

Dropped oil and changed filter on the Crosrunner, added hydraulic lifter treatment, which surprisingly worked well. Added an ignition and a GPS Speedo to the KDX.

Ordered a new rear tyre for the Crosrunner, and a 12v Li-Ion pack for the KDX.

B1N
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 09:18 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
Hooked the KDX up to a 12v battery and made it go go ring ding. The missus wasnt happy about the amount of smoke. Whoops. Twisted Evil Laughing Add your own Ring Ding noises as Imgur doesnt embed properly.
https://i.imgur.com/vvfxvLe.mp4

Dropped oil and changed filter on the Crosrunner, added hydraulic lifter treatment, which surprisingly worked well. Added an ignition and a GPS Speedo to the KDX.

Ordered a new rear tyre for the Crosrunner, and a 12v Li-Ion pack for the KDX.

Ahhhhh, is that Silkolene Comp 2 I can smell?
lovely jubbly. Cool

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:35 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rode mine to CMC for the demo day purely to snag a free t-shirt. They made me test ride a Tracer 9 GT in exchange.

It made me realise a few things.

1. I have short legs, seat was in the high position, but I was on tippy toes if I tried to put both feet down, reading reviews the seat height is supposed to be low, looks like I won’t be buying that GSA after all.

2. My meteor isn’t that slow, until it really is. Round town the tracer felt reasonably similar, until I cracked the throttle then fuck me! I’ve not ridden anything bigger than an ER6 before and not one of them for a year or so. Overtakes we’re stupidly easy, as was joining the motorway which showed me…

3. Screens can be horrible. Jeez, I actually preferred the meteor on the motorway, it was like being clubbed over the head constantly above 65, didn’t matter what the screen height was set too it was horrible. I thought the mirrors were vibrating but it was my eyes, not fun.

4. Quickshifters are amazing. I need one.

Would I buy one? Maybe, would have to sort the screen, probably a bit overkill speed wise and would need to try the seat in the low position to make sure it was something I’d be confident on in city traffic.

Certainly looking at something with a bit more poke, could probably trip 5-10 mins off a long commute just brapping past dawdlers.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:52 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:

Agreed! And that CP3 engine in the Tracer/MT09/XSR900 is a proper hoot and sounds filth with a sports exhaust.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:58 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prawny wrote:

2. My meteor isn’t that slow, until it really is. Round town the tracer felt reasonably similar, until I cracked the throttle then fuck me! I’ve not ridden anything bigger than an ER6 before and not one of them for a year or so. Overtakes we’re stupidly easy, as was joining the motorway which showed me…

Certainly looking at something with a bit more poke, could probably trip 5-10 mins off a long commute just brapping past dawdlers.

You weren't overtaking people easily on your ER6? Shocked I've never thought my ER6F was a slouch Laughing on the other end of the spectrum I get overtaken by HGVs on the motorway when going uphill on my 125cc.

Quickshifters are the dogs bollocks. First time I used one was when I was test riding the Suzuki GSX S-1000GT+, it was fucking game changing. Also I thought my ER6F was nippy until I rode that litre Suzuki. Fuck me. That thing is an animal when you roll on the wrist.

I went around in B mode for about half an hour and thought to myself "oh this is really quite tame if you're not stupid, I don't think A mode will be any different" so I flicked the bitch into A mode and almost shit me breeks. In A mode the throttle response is so fucking sharp and fast. It is cock-shrivellingly fast and aggressive in A mode. Felt my nuts go back up inside me mate. Put it back into B mode and accepted it was already a rocket, no point making it a missile Laughing

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:13 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t really get chance to gel with the ER6, I was still getting used to riding a geared bike on my own when it shat the bed and I bought the meteor. I did a couple of overtakes on it, but still felt it needed a decent gap, on the tracer I was pulling back in before I’d even thought about it.

Couldn’t get one past the CFO though, and I’d be worried about not being able to get the screen sorted, it was that bad I was wondering if I should have been on an mt09, but I’d feel bad sticking a topbox on one of them.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:08 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been riding my MT10 in mode 2, haven't felt the need to use mode 1 yet, had the front wheel floating under heavy
acceleration in 4th at 110 during a spirited sprint on the M4 a couple of days ago. Mode 1 can fck off for a while, 2 is
plenty. I had an MT09 and an ER6f before that and the 10 feels like a similar jump in power from 09 to 10 as the
MT09 felt from the ER6f. I do miss the extra space on my departed MT09, I feel more cramped on the 10.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:44 - 22 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

B1N wrote:
lovely jubbly. Cool

Nope, but this stuff smells the same as Castrol R.
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/morris-lubricants-race-performance-2t-engine-oil-2009616/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:57 - 23 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:
B1N wrote:
lovely jubbly. Cool

Nope, but this stuff smells the same as Castrol R.
https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/morris-lubricants-race-performance-2t-engine-oil-2009616/

You need this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rock-Oil-Strawberry-Stroke-Litre/dp/B01HDGOA1S

Wink

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 23 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh that's all very expensive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:06 - 24 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my rosary beads caught on the seat and couldn't get off :lol

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:52 - 25 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been out on mine to work and back the last 2 weeks as the weather finally finished falling out of its arse.

I NEED/WANT a quickshifter because the bloke currently in charge of that is not and never will be. There a couple of junctions around here as you head towards the crooked chimney /around old Welwyn that would be brilliant with that.

2nd/3rd gear are stupidly fast/fun when get things over 7k.

No CAT/headers/Arrow cans etc are stupidly loud - never changing that!

I want a new lid with proper built in bluetooth - the exterior one causes as bunch of whistling in the airflow that is frankly unpleasant.

Averaging 50mpg which is hilarious given the fun factor.

Oh and @Prawny - my CFO lent me the $$$$ to buy this originally and at a very preferential rate of 0% Very Happy She even stated the original exhausts were gopping and that I must change them at the earliest opportunity Mr. Green

Still can't imagine swapping this out for anything else.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:17 - 25 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:

Averaging 50mpg which is hilarious given the fun factor.

MPG envy... I'm getting about 30-32
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 36 of 47