Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Coronavirus

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:08 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

being self employed, the government will actually pay me to self isolate. and they will pay me more than i earn at work.
you can guarantee this is being abused.
am i the only one who thinks it is absolute madness?!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:23 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It's unsustainable.

Been remote working since day one of this but got a number of mates who've had 100 free time and 80% salary to abuse it with. Not a single one of them is in a rush to go back to any kind of work, let alone their current one.

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Am I the only one who is thinking calling your boss and telling him you've been pinged is a perfect excuse to spend 10 days off work sitting in a paddling pool in the back garden with a slab of beer and the olympics on the telly during one of the sunniest Julys in memory?

Very Happy Don't forget the £500 payment too Thumbs Up

Martin734 wrote:

I have told the guys that work for me that if they are daft enough to have the app on their phone and then choose to self isolate if they get pinged

Funny enough I was in local supermarket, its sort of out of town quite large one, there are 400 parking spaces.

One of the staff had been working there 18 months, so started just before everything went pair shaped.
Asked him roughly how many of his colleagues had caught rona.

Bearing in mind they have a real mix of ages working there and a high throughput of customers. I was expecting the answer to be something very high, maybe 1/3 or something.

None. 1 person got pinged, but they themselves were fine.

Quite surprised by that.

One conclusion could be, masks work (given 99% wear them). But I've never seen a N99 and only a few N95. And studies seem a bit vague on the clothe ones. Stops snotty droplets, but still lets alot past.

One anecdote doesn't mean much. But I copied someone else who had done similar and got the same result. Again, 2 doesnt mean much.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:46 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have had the same infection rate as the general population.
At local Morrisons several on the checkout are probably in their 70s and don't use masks.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:04 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

The man is a cock and a megolomaniac, everyone can see he's a cock. His job was an advisor, that means he offers advice and his boss decides if he wants to take it.

I watched that interview as haven't watched much news this last year, but knew he was a contentious person and remember the Barnards Castle debacle.

The person doing the interview dropped the ball a bit imho. Could not reign in her disgust / anger etc

You could see he clearly didn't get what the fuss was about until she explained it, or became angry. His brain constantly re-assessing where the line of acceptability was moving to.

If she'd gone through the Q&A in a more deadpan fashion, I think he would have absolutely hung himself and others to a greater extent.

Interviewer seemed to want contrition and it should have been clear beforehand he was never going to be meaningfully sorry or ashamed.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 28 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
spend 10 days off work sitting in a paddling pool in the back garden with a slab of beer and the olympics on the telly during one of the sunniest Julys in memory?

Taking care of one’s mental health.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can tell this thing is nearly over because the MSM are ramping up the climate change stories they’d been planning to lead with in 2019.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

First rule of Coronavirus... you don't talk about Coronavirus Rolling Eyes

Sky News Australia barred for week by YouTube over Covid misinformation

Of course it's not stated how they fucked up which is what you get when diversity training is mandatory and not Kafka's The Trial Sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:46 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I can tell this thing is nearly over because the MSM are ramping up the climate change stories they’d been planning to lead with in 2019.

If this thing is nearly over, why the talk of vaccine passports now? That doesn't seem to me to suggest the government thinks it's nearly over.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:11 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn’t mention the government.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I didn’t mention the government.

No, you didn't Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:22 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danish parliament recently decided in Copenhagen that all Corona measures should be ended from October 1. There will therefore no longer be a mask requirement and the test regime will be abolished. The Danes will then no longer have to provide evidence of whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated, or whether they have tested positive or negative.

https://freewestmedia.com/2021/08/09/denmark-abolishes-all-corona-measures/

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 12 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying the same thing here (is it paywalled I have a blocker)
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/08/10/delta-variant-has-wrecked-hopes-herd-immunity-warn-scientists/
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Pigeon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:13 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folk are saying Delta is screwed the job, others are saying it was never fixed to begin with.

Original vaccines were only tested in "healthy individuals" for efficacy against symptomatic infection for 2 months.

They didn't provide any information on stopping transmission, or infection, or what happened after 2 months. And were not tested against "variants", or some groups of population.

I'm not saying data indicates they are junk. I'm not saying data indicates they may ultimately lead to worse infection rates (again, not something that was tested directly, even though it was highlighted as a risk by the FDA and virologists / concerned people).

But all the trials were primarily set out to show reduction in symptomatic infection in healthy people.

The six month followup on the Pfizer trials showed 2 people died of covid related infection in placebo and 1 person died in treatment group. Over 40k people, over 6 months, big woop. That might be one of the issues of limiting your test to "healthy individuals" who are 99% survivors anyway....

Is Delta being blamed for something which was inevitable / endemic in the design. ie too narrow a target for vaccine production. Was that by design, to keep needing boosters for variants.

Doesn't matter to the end user particularly (yet). Ultimately we have deployed vaccines that are non sterilising / leaky. And according to data from Israel, lose 10% efficacy against infection every month after final vaccination. And apparently are largely made up of non-neautralising / binding antibodies.

In other words. A very large portion of the population are potentially getting infected, and if its 5 months after they were finally jabbed and in a flu season, potentially quite bad.
.....not to mention what the impact of vaccination would have on covid survivors (potentially an aggravating situation that wasnt tested in trials).
Does beg the question, what "value" is a vaccine passport.

Israel already handing out 3rd booster shots, and still people getting ill.

On the plus side, they seem to be showing good efficacy against severe disease which is fantastic!!
Fingers crossed they continue over winter and don't make things worse.

Apparently they are already working on the second gen of the vaccines, but they are still spike based so not massively different from the 1st gen.

Mexico, Denmark can't be alone in saying enough. We have to test the water a bit and see if we've got enough credit in the bank so to speak.
Maybe its all lip service BS towards a single digital ID and currency per person, but I hope democracy still fears / respects the value of a voter over entities who might consider themselves above that.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Danish parliament recently decided in Copenhagen that all Corona measures should be ended from October 1. There will therefore no longer be a mask requirement and the test regime will be abolished. The Danes will then no longer have to provide evidence of whether they are vaccinated or unvaccinated, or whether they have tested positive or negative.

https://freewestmedia.com/2021/08/09/denmark-abolishes-all-corona-measures/

I'm curious how the EU are going to return to freedom of movement between countries when some are requiring vaccine passports and some are just opening up. Denmark (and us) can make all the anti civil liberties noises we want but if other countries have covid passport rules and you need to go there for your job, guess who's going to win that battle.

GettinBetter
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better than any MSM channel, and amazingly NOT banned on Youtube. Although she was fact checked by the factcheckers, although they aren't as good as she is at actually finding the facts.

Dr Sam Bailey FAQS 1
https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/covid-19-dr-sam-faqs:a

Dr Sam Bailey FAQS 2
https://odysee.com/@drsambailey:c/Covid-Faqs-2:d

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is China's influence on the WHO a wakeup call for the West?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8MCgLPabg

RE: Sunday Times investigation into WHO agreement with CCP not to investigate Lab Leak theory.

Shocked

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Only problem is, I've run out of the cheap but wholly acceptable over-proof Mederian white agricultural rum I've been using. Can't get it in the UK though so I'll have to find a substitute. I'm thinking Barbados should be the next port of call.

Nip over to Whitehaven and grab some Jeffersons Thumbs Up

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:26 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Booster Jab = No Travel UTTER CHAOS Goalposts Move AGAIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnvRamWd5bk

Laughing

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't go in the shop without an ornamental face mask.

Can't go abroad without a jab, no... make that two. Wait three! Definitely third times a charm... for a least a year. It'll be fine...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:58 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see New Zealand, the country that has Saint Jacinda Ardern in charge, after a year of being lauded as how to manage infections is well on the way of it all blowing up in their faces because the Indian variant has got into the country.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-58297895

They have been slow on the vaccine rollout which purportedly doesn't help.

It all goes to show that no one had or has a bloody clue how to really manage this virus and still carry on.

The bears view, fuck it. If it gets me, it gets me and

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f8/e3/04/f8e30444503e64094582459046d24c07.jpg

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:22 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure that the extreme measures being employed in Australia and New Zealand are just about control of Covid. Certainly some politicians in the US aren't particularly concerned about the virus, given the way they ignore their own rules, and yet still they keep bringing them in.

I find it quite scary the way governments have turned the attention of their police onto the general public. This isn't going to be something that'll be easy to roll back, and the longer it goes on, the harder it will be to readjust to a 'peacetime' mindset.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:22 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Australia and NZ both have the same issue. Very low vaccine uptake so their attempts to control via lockdowns are bound to fail eventually.

I think the Uk, aside from not locking down and closing boarders soon enough, has the right strategy. Cases up but no equivelent increase of hospitalisations and deaths.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, but in the end, if the population doesn't want to adopt the government's advice, then the government needs to come up with something else, or just admit they're not representing the people they govern. Because it's easy to forget that government isn't the nation, the people are. Government in a democracy is supposed to represent the people, not themselves. And sometimes this might mean accepting things the government doesn't like, or even things that don't mould themselves around "the science".

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:50 - 22 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, the high death rates at the start of the pa demic in the UK hasead to a high vaccine uptake.

No idea why this is t the case in the US apart from the fact that they are clearly all fucking mental.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 247 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 18 of 22