Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Amazon, returns???

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:05 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Amazon, returns??? Reply with quote

I need some advice please.

I bought a sofa- bed from Amazon.
When it arrived one cushion was damaged.
The sofa was fine.

So my missus e-mailed the sellers and asked them to send a replacement cushion.
She even attached pictures to the e-mail to indicate the fault.

We set up the new sofa and waited for a replacement cushion to arrive.
No big issues so far.
Well! Blow me down, the doorbell rang yesterday evening and there was an entire new sofa Shocked Confused

What do we do ?
Keep both?
Try to return the older sofa?

I don’t know this Amazon shite works.

Any sensible advice appreciated Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:30 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

free mancave sofa (minus 1 cushion)

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:33 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Re: Amazon, returns??? Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
So my missus e-mailed the sellers and asked them to send a replacement cushion.

Who was it sold by and who was the order fulfilled by?

What did their reply say?

The orders page in her Amazon account should give an indication of if they're going to be collecting the first one.

Do you want to keep it?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:47 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon have a help section.
Hopeless to navigate but a couple of hours perseverance will guide you to how to return.

Unless it's a turd party seller.

More hassle than its worth.
Give them 5 working days to collect.
Then hassle of storage, landfill or flytip.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble for third-party sellers (assuming that's what this is?) who choose to do business with Amazon is that they get screwed over. Caveat emptor, and all that.

I recently bought a toilet seat from an Amazon seller but was sent a very fancy, high-end mixer tap instead. I did all the right things - went on to Amazon and told them exactly what I'd been sent - and Amazon said 'sorry, we'll send you a replacement; no need to return the incorrect item'. So I stuck the mixer tap on a shelf for 6 months, and having satisfied myself that nobody was going to chase me up for it, I sold it (via my own Amazon seller account, ironically enough) for £130.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:36 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your input people Thumbs Up

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:28 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's probably more of an issue for the company to get the item back to Amazon and then back to them, then repackaged with a replacement cushion that is fit for resale back to Amazon. I doubt they want that hassle and probably are hoping you dont contact them to retrieve it from you.

The simple thing would have been for them just to send you a replacement part, but Amazon don't deal with these kind of things well, they are pretty much just a warehouse with boxes for delivery, they don't stock parts/spares at all. Their returns are all stored and sold off at the third party owners expense too, which is another PITA for them.

Anyhow, yeah, it's yours.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:10 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Yeah it's probably more of an issue for the company to get the item back to Amazon and then back to them, then repackaged with a replacement cushion that is fit for resale back to Amazon. I doubt they want that hassle and probably are hoping you dont contact them to retrieve it from you.

Just as well that's not what happens with returned items. Wink

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:25 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Just as well that's not what happens with returned items. Wink

Well yeah, it's a wasteful system they have, but one that ensures faulty crap isn't just posted around indefinitely.

There's been a few investigations into Amazon and how wasteful their returns are and none come up with a workable alternative. To be fair, the way they deal with them is customer biased, which is the right thing as far as commerce and customer relations are concerned, but the amount of waste Amazon produce is incredible. It's only really bad when you look at the Amazon figures though and not the fact that there wouldn't be much difference if any, if it was 500 companies all producing it separately instead. Being a huge business like they are is going to mean everything is on a huge scale, even their toilet roll use.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:05 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loads of their returns get sold as job lots in bulk... https://bstock.com/amazoneu/

Some of their returns are sold on Amazon Warehouse... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?node=3581866031

How they decide what to sell themselves on Amazon Warehouse and what to chuck on the next pallet of stuff which will be sold as part of a job lot is anyone's guess. Laughing

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Loads of their returns get sold as job lots in bulk... https://bstock.com/amazoneu/

Some of their returns are sold on Amazon Warehouse... https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?node=3581866031

How they decide what to sell themselves on Amazon Warehouse and what to chuck on the next pallet of stuff which will be sold as part of a job lot is anyone's guess. Laughing

Oh yeah they of course sell on quite a lot of stuff, but they destroy loads too:

https://www.greenpeace.org.uk/news/stop-amazon-throwing-away-millions-unused-products/

https://www.geostrategy.org.uk/britains-world/amazons-waste-scandal-awful-but-what-next/

The point is, I doubt anyone in the chain wants the sofa back Smile
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 261 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1