Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

YouTube guilty pleasures?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:22 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: YouTube guilty pleasures? Reply with quote

As said really.

What is your YouTube guilty pleasure?

I love watching vids of cars stacking it into the Armco on the Nurburgring. Also watching police interrogation videos - especially the American ones. There's some right whacko's over there!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louder with Crowder. To get my biased conservative views that have been fact checked using leftist fact checkers,

The Hoof Doctor. Just watching the guy work on cow feet with all the issues they have is fascinating.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:32 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching 'real fight' videos a few weeks ago, that progressed to 'self defence' videos, which then progressed to an organisation in the US that provides insurance for people who (and I'm not kidding) have to shoot someone in the process of self defence. They even provide a little card telling you to call the police and tell them you were genuinely in fear of your life etc. They then provide a lawyer etc.

Obviously the videos they post are not in any kind of grey area, and they say things like "This perpetrator took the room temperature challenge" as if they are the presenter of a police stop camera wildest police chases TV programme. It made me uncomfortable, but it was compelling at the same time. It often depicted real deaths, but they fudged it up as some sort of educational video for 'law abiding' carriers of .44 magnum revolvers and AR15 gas operated assault weaponry.

So yeah, that's my guilty pleasure but I stopped a while back as it was getting disturbing.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:07 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crimson Custom Guitars, Photoinduction, Cody's lab and a few others. Smile

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:25 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the ‘first time hearing’ videos where mostly young, black Americans react to ‘70s rock and such. It’s like a reminder of when you heard Bohemian Rhapsody and Comfortably Numb yourself for the first time whilst knowing full well the goodness to come.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stuart Fillinghams Royal Enfield videos.
please don't ban me from here Mr. Green

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:09 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love watching this one un-fold:

Sampson Boat company's renovation of Tally Ho.

And this guy puts out some seriously good mining/agricultural industry repair work without any of the shouty bullshit the yanks seem to adore:

Cutting Edge Engineering Australia

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:01 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean, apart from naked yoga (warning: don't search for that if you're at work)? I enjoy some American hotrod channels (avoiding the many fakes, e.g. Grease Monkey) and go for stuff like IronTrap Garage, Bad Chad, HalfAss Kustoms, etc. Plus some really good outdoor cooking channels with unusual fare: Artger, Wilderness Cooking, etc.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:05 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post..... tripping balls

Last edited by wr6133 on 23:13 - 29 Jul 2021; edited 1 time in total

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 29 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Stuart Fillinghams Royal Enfield videos.
please don't ban me from here :mrgreen

Today ill show you how bolt on an official accessory, them 4 bolts with clear instructions are very hard. Call me uncle Stu and send me free money. Now I'll pontificate about how great this official bashlate is fitted on a bike that has no need for one. Send me money. Finally here is how to badly clean a bike, remember, send uncle stu money

I like bikes and beards., kacey Musgrave and paul henshaw

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:31 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parents destroying thier children’s I-pads/phones/play-stations Very Happy .
Videos of self entitled selfish brats having thier tec destroyed.

I is laugh Thumbs Up

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:27 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

wr6133 wrote:

Today ill show you how bolt on an official accessory, them 4 bolts with clear instructions are very hard. Call me uncle Stu and send me free money. Now I'll pontificate about how great this official bashlate is fitted on a bike that has no need for one. Send me money. Finally here is how to badly clean a bike, remember, send uncle stu money

I like bikes and beards., kacey Musgrave and paul henshaw

i did say it was a guilty pleasure Embarassed .
i have no idea who the other people you mentioned are?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:45 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shit I indulge in embarasses me.

Here are some channels I like to kick back and watch:

https://www.youtube.com/GoodMythicalMorning

https://www.youtube.com/mightycarmods

https://www.youtube.com/howridiculous

https://www.youtube.com/arduinoversusevil2025

https://www.youtube.com/BenHeckHacks

https://www.youtube.com/DawidDoesTechStuff

https://www.youtube.com/AuditTheAudit

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:32 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it blend?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnFP0IU4gpnmcLnVzDLUtfw

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:50 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm into a bit of Koch at the moment Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfz0Mzs70pQ

I don't watch every single video from the channel, but there's always something I can learn for guitar, and I always catch the Trio ones. Greg's sometimes quite funny too, irreverent, which makes a refreshing change from those on a serious rock star trip. Good entertainment if you're into that kind of music (and if you're not, what's wrong with you?! Mr. Green ).
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:

i have no idea who the other people you mentioned are?

Bikes and Beards is an American channel that does dumb shit with bikes. Some of their videos are quite amusing.

Paul Henshaw runs performance classics, lots of Enfields and some other old brit iron restored and tuned.

Kacey Musgraves is an American Country singer, the album that made her famous she wrote while doing acid. She is seriously hot and some of her songs are quite funny in a slightly cynical way.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:22 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A channel called Bearing. Aussie dude who picks up on SJW stuff and makes lolz out of it.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:26 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy Boots.
Nuff said.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spiffing Brit. It's the way he always starts videos "...get yourself a nice cup of tea" and referring to his subscribers as "cheeky little sausages" Very Happy

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:08 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Crimson Custom Guitars

That is really good!

For me, I watch trash on there, rate my takeaway specifically... I'm getting rather fat, have since lockdown really. But I like new food places and I have travelled to Canada to drive over to the states to eat at a wing place, so I do like food Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 13:53 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgotten Weapons with gun Jesus.

Codys lab.

Big Clive.

Alec Steele.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:28 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The Spiffing Brit. It's the way he always starts videos "...get yourself a nice cup of tea" and referring to his subscribers as "cheeky little sausages" Very Happy

Love the guy, the series he did on "100 stat man" was hilarious

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:17 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste sends links to me. Embarassed

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Crimson Custom Guitars

The trouble with Ben is, he's becoming a parody of himself, every little gesture and affectation is trying to become a catchphrase, to the detriment of some of his builds I think.

That said, I'm due a trip down there to talk about the spec for my kit for next year's GGBO, so I won't knock him too much.

For guitar stuff, the guys at Texas Toast are fun, Dylan McKerchie at Dylan Talks Tone is good for some nerding out and mythbusting and Jerry Rosa at Rosa String Works does some really fine builds and repairs.

My favourite channel by a mile is Derek Bieri's Vice Grip Garage - there's loads of channels doing what he does, but nobody with quite the sense of humour and self deprecation that this guy has and the best bit is, underneath all the surreal humour and sheer stupidity, he really knows his shizzle.

The first video I saw of his was this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpA1uT8W28 and I've been hooked ever since.

There's a few other car and guitar related channels I follow, which I think are entertaining but wouldn't be for everyone, but there's more for tips and tricks than entertainment value.

I don't really feel guilty about any of the channels I follow, but there is one bloke who is a proper nerdfest of electronics and that I only have a passing interest in, but his sense of humour is so dry, it's practically turned to dust, so I watch him sometimes if I fancy looking at very old radios and want a good chuckle - shango066

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:13 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ginger Billy Wub
Oh yeah, and Aussie Man Reviews.

I used to watch Antonella the Uncensored Reviewer but nowadays she doesn't do Youtube, and its not nearly as funny as it used to be.

I keep meaning to go back and watch some Shaun Attwood (who I subscribed to back in about 2018) but still havent got round to it.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 242 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3