PostPosted: 23:46 - 30 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Oh yeah, and Aussie Man Reviews.

Yeah nah. He's piss funny.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:27 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Chapter.
Jim Can't Swim (puts most of his shit on later on due to u-tube rools)
Wendover Productions.
Agent JZ (Comercial Jet engine repairer in Canada)
Blancolirio
Slowmoguys.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:44 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mustie1
Hand Tool Rescue
This Old Tony
Many, many guitar building channels!

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:40 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Islander wrote:
Crimson Custom Guitars

The trouble with Ben is, he's becoming a parody of himself, every little gesture and affectation is trying to become a catchphrase, to the detriment of some of his builds I think.

That said, I'm due a trip down there to talk about the spec for my kit for next year's GGBO, so I won't knock him too much.

He's a clever bugger though. He's effectively funded his luthier school and factory from social media income and sponsorship from tool manufacturers/suppliers. His builds are intended to attract attention and engage people on his various platforms so they tend to be out there.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:35 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
The Spiffing Brit. It's the way he always starts videos "...get yourself a nice cup of tea" and referring to his subscribers as "cheeky little sausages" Very Happy

just tried to check this out and it looks like the channel has been deleted?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:50 - 31 Jul 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
The Spiffing Brit

just tried to check this out and it looks like the channel has been deleted?

According to his Twitter account this is the result of some scam or other and the channel should be back up in a couple of days

BenR
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:43 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've taken to watching:

Manor wood they do some fascinating tables with resins.
The workshop although he needs to stop bashing other peoples channels.
The radbrad even though I'm not a gamer.
Suck my mod does some really good reviews on the latest tech in the vaping world.
Racer tv as who doesn't like hand built custom bikes?
Better bachelor very interesting channel whilst not being misogynistic or a red pill rager.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:21 - 01 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
According to his Twitter account this is the result of some scam or other and the channel should be back up in a couple of days

It sounds like a variation on the old "your bank account has been compromised, we'll send a courier to pick up your bank cards and set you up a new account..." This new YouTube one is so elaborate that even a guy who does anti-scam videos (like "I'm calling from Microsoft Support") got scammed Shocked

The central failure is whatever the company - bank, YouTube, etc. - they're almost never so proactive about... well anything! ppl are always having a moan-up about a copyright strike on a video and never getting hold of anyone at YT, for example.

Always press X to doubt Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 03 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiffing Brit is back (thankfully)

I was watching Lindybeige doing a bit on spadone swords (slightly longer, lighter longsword) and it occurred to me that the aristocratic appeal of cricket might be it represents a replacement for duelling/fencing, certainly some commonalities in batting vs sword moves Thinking And of course that led me down the rabbit hole of reading the history of cricket on wikipedia Laughing

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:15 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women getting shaved bald as punishment.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:19 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mylarballoonsfan wrote:
Women getting shaved bald as punishment.

Pretty sure it's not youtube yuou're watching.

Jmoan
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:10 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

Conveniently around the same time frame as another high viewed youtuber had the same thing happen. The scam isn't that great so is this some kind of PR exercise?

Irn-Bru
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:22 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trades people in their every day work, sparkies, builders, house projects and all that, just like seeing how stuff works and comes together.

Competitive eating, niche food reviews

Van life stuff - building and life on the move

Car/bike reviews - very interested in electric car stuff at the minute. Used to watch a decent amount of vlogs too but really can't be arsed anymore.

Gaming stuff although not very much these days, mainly retro hardware reviews and such.

Magnet fishing

Quite random but that's the good thing about YouTube you end up watching alsorts of shite. At least I occasionally learn stuff anyways.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:10 - 08 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regular channels I'll check are mainly engineering related.

This old Tony
Abom79
Colin Furze
Project Binky
Pask makes
Fireball tool
Hand tool rescue
Ron Covell

For bike stuff I'll watch Ari & Zack Courts regardless of what channel they're on as its normally interesting. Fortnine is normally worth a watch, 44 teeth.

Then all my recommended vids are usually electrical, plumbing and building, music, automotive, but I've been watching stuff about medieval weaponry, historical firearms and hand to hand combat. I wonder if Youtube has me down as an end of days prepper?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 09 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

for something completely different-

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC45XWpD2N9tf2E0hqepD5zg

some good story tellers on this channel at times. listen to it in bed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 09 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the ones I used to watch is finished now. Actually, it caused me a bit of a shock this morning to discover that John Meadows, aka Mountaindog, died last night.
His podcast was on body building. Now I don't really consider myself to fit in that description, but I do work out with weights, and I did get some useful tips from John. And also, I liked his informative, friendly style, never making sweeping claims but always stressing that different things work for different people. I knew that he'd had some health problems in the past, including a heart attack last year, but he seemed to have come back from that pretty well. But it seems he was prone to blood clots, and reports suggest that is what finally caught up with him.

Funny how the news made me feel this morning though. Just another YouTube podcaster among thousands, and yet this news really brought me up short.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

tatters
Exxon Valdez

PostPosted: 01:20 - 14 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of my mine are antique firearm related.

Forgotten Weapons

C&Rsenal

britishmuzzleloaders

Bloke on the Range

Mark Novak (Anvil)

hickok45

Historical channels

Mark Felton Productions

The Tank Museum

The Armchair Historian
Past:NRG50,AF1125(x2),NSR125RR,ZZR250,CX500,VFR400,KR1S,ZZR600(x2),CB400N,YZF1000(x2),KH125,Z200,FX400R,CBR954RR(x2)GPZ500S,GT550,VFR750F(x2),RD350N,XR650R,CBR600F,CB250,KDX250,YZF750R,CRM250,400EXC,KLR650,TTR600RE,DR350S,R100GSPD,RGV250,VMAX1200,DL650 Present:G650XC,C12,KZ750,1190ADV

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:06 - 15 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is extremely silly Laughing

A100man wrote:

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:10 - 16 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

tatters wrote:
Historical channels

I've sat through all of TIK's Operation Crusader series... not in one sitting though!

Sako
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:39 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the dashcam/helmetcam type roadrage videos, UKDashCam and MotoMadness type stuff.
Love the MissendenFlyer too for his reviews...and lastly I'm a big fan of OddTinkering, which is a music free ASMR type restoration channel where pretty much anything is fixed up.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:32 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sako wrote:
I love the dashcam/helmetcam type roadrage videos, UKDashCam and MotoMadness type stuff.
Love the MissendenFlyer too for his reviews...and lastly I'm a big fan of OddTinkering, which is a music free ASMR type restoration channel where pretty much anything is fixed up.

DashCam Australia's the best one. The audio is uncensored...

Robby
Dirty Old Man

PostPosted: 08:37 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaft wrote:
Vice Grip Garage - there's loads of channels doing what he does, but nobody with quite the sense of humour and self deprecation that this guy has and the best bit is, underneath all the surreal humour and sheer stupidity, he really knows his shizzle.

So much this. I particularly like that he has a sense of humour unusually seen in Americans.

Also worth seeing Uncle Tony's Garage. A guy who also seriously knows his stuff and goes down the same ADHD rabbit hole as me, time disappears while you spanner. Particular focus on keeping it accessible to normal people, with cheap tools and over the counter parts.

That and various mental health and ADHD things, that I wish I had known about when I was 10.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:48 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delta Empire. Playing (very well mixed) drums along with the original track. Awesome stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DeltaEmpire/videos

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omeletto and most of their films and also Reckless comedy, PlayStation 5 girl is stunning.

I also enjoy Alishakins, talented gamer. Her commentary is nothing short of superb.

Shaft
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:09 - 19 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robby wrote:
Shaft wrote:
Vice Grip Garage - there's loads of channels doing what he does, but nobody with quite the sense of humour and self deprecation that this guy has and the best bit is, underneath all the surreal humour and sheer stupidity, he really knows his shizzle.

So much this. I particularly like that he has a sense of humour unusually seen in Americans.

Also worth seeing Uncle Tony's Garage. A guy who also seriously knows his stuff and goes down the same ADHD rabbit hole as me, time disappears while you spanner. Particular focus on keeping it accessible to normal people, with cheap tools and over the counter parts.

That and various mental health and ADHD things, that I wish I had known about when I was 10.

Derek was brought up in North Dakota and lives in Northern Minnesota, so he's pretty much an honorary Canadian (he's got a very weird hybrid Yank/Canadian accent) and I find Canucks have a very similar SOH to us.

I occasionally watch Uncle Tony, but I don't find him as easy to listen to, the East coast accent grates on me after a while, so I have to dip in and out.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 222 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3