Speed limiters from 2022

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:52 - 05 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Aha! So you're saying "screw the cagers, I'm alright" fair enough Smile And you may be correct, bikes will (hopefully) continue to be overlooked much the same as them phasing in zero emissions cars and vans in the 2030's but with the government going as far as saying "we've not thought about bikes, we might get back to you later" no rush! Actually, if one wants to be very optimistic about 2 wheeled life...

Imagine all the cars have speed "assistants" (let's not call them limiters) and black-box dataloggers as mandatory equipment on all new cars. Everyone's driving nice and safe like good little minions. What will happen? Thinking

No more speed camera revenue! A chunk of that revenue goes to maintaining the cameras or keeping the goon in the speed check van topped up with Fanta & Wotsits. No revenue = no cameras.

And the rest as they say writes itself Twisted Evil

Cagers are the ones who infringe on the rights of others by killing them. I would prefer that bikers didn't die, but I also don't have the right to impose my wishes on their individual choice.

Slightly related but the newest and most serious danger seems to be the e-scotters. Usually some 14 year old with a passenger talking to their friend on another a scooter at 20mph zipping across lanes and junctions straight through the path of cars, no helmet. Given the sucidal quality of riding skill they have I can only image what the death stats for them are.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:29 - 06 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Slightly related but the newest and most serious danger seems to be the e-scotters. Usually some 14 year old with a passenger talking to their friend on another a scooter at 20mph zipping across lanes and junctions straight through the path of cars, no helmet. Given the sucidal quality of riding skill they have I can only image what the death stats for them are.

Drugs won't just deliver themselves, you know Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 235 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2