Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canoes, paddle boards, kayaks, there’s a bloody plague of them around here Shocked .
They’re multiplying faster than ants or wasps Shocked .

I know we all have to share the use of our waterways, but why do they need to use the bit of river I’m using (fishing), or is it that they’re trying to teach me a lesson and they are reminding me it’s thier river? Evil or Very Mad

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Yeah but not right there cos you're meant to be running with it at that point. Razz

Some sort of Iron Man challenge? Like paddle up to the weir and then lug it past.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:34 - 01 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Some sort of Iron Man challenge? Like paddle up to the weir and then lug it past.

Yeah type of thing as weirs and locks require going around. Laughing

On bit of river without such things that can be done where there isn't a lock / weir, get out before the traffic cone or whatever marker, then get back in at the marked point further along.

If there are multiple locks close together then that's more running rather than getting back in and out to paddle the short distance between locks. Laughing

Race I did yesterday was 8 miles, 4th place, 14 seconds away from 2nd place.

Another race in two weeks time that's an eight am start or something equally stupid because of tide times and it's two and a half hours drive away from here.

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:41 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally the first of the Trinidad Scorpion chillies are ready for harvesting. Only a few tiny ones, but enough to make a bit of raw chilli mash (chillies, sea salt, cider vinegar, based in a pestle and mortar). Somewhat warming but absolutely gorgeous. Just got to wait for the main crop (along with the "paper lantern" chillies).

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/trin_fruit1.jpg

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/trin_fruit2.jpg

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 05 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/angmm00_460svav1.mp4

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex Jones, Sandy Hook massacre denier, conspiracy theorist and general all round vile specimen gets some of his comeuppance in court at long last. Let's hope more of his victims follow the same litigative route.

$45.2 million in compensatory damages and $4.1 million in punitive damages. Shame it wasn't more.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62444302

Infowars that! Laughing Dance!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:46 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got the amounts the wrong way round.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:58 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Alex Jones, Sandy Hook massacre denier, conspiracy theorist and general all round vile specimen gets some of his comeuppance in court at long last. Let's hope more of his victims follow the same litigative route.

$45.2 million in compensatory damages and $4.1 million in punitive damages. Shame it wasn't more.

Alex Jones is funny. I like him. He should be Trump's VP in 2024.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Wobbling Dog
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:13 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems there's good money to be made off the backs of your dead children nowadays

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:20 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wobbling Dog wrote:
seems there's good money to be made off the backs of your dead children nowadays

Can I make money off the backs of other people's dead children? Pound Coin
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:05 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You got the amounts the wrong way round.

I did indeed - or rather the terms punitive and compensatory. Thumbs Up

It doesn't detract from the immense schadenfreude though Mr. Green

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

He's also a colossal arsehole and a pathological liar so they'd probably be perfect for each other although there probably wouldn't be room enough for both of their oversized egos.

He's not funny IMO. He caused significant harm to the parents of the victims. There's nothing even remotely funny about that.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

He's also a colossal arsehole and a pathological liar so they'd probably be perfect for each other although there probably wouldn't be room enough for both of their oversized egos.

Plenty of those to go around, eh?

Quote:
He's not funny IMO. He caused significant harm to the parents of the victims. There's nothing even remotely funny about that.

No idea. What's he done?

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:59 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Far too many in politics these days.

chickenstrip wrote:

No idea. What's he done?

Read the article(s).

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Far too many in politics these days.

And far too much politics in everything too.

Quote:
chickenstrip wrote:

No idea. What's he done?

Read the article(s).

What, from the BBC?! You ask too much! Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:56 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

apparently he hurt peoples feelings in the land of the free, by calling them liars and actors. for that he must be destroyed.

Alex brought Bohemian grove to the publics attention, thats far more than most people will ever achieve.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
apparently he hurt peoples feelings in the land of the free, by calling them liars and actors. for that he must be destroyed.

Alex brought Bohemian grove to the publics attention, thats far more than most people will ever achieve.

Utterly destroyed hopefully. Vile specimen that he is.

Oh and he didn't. He was late to the table for that by 20 years.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

I'm sure you'll find the same information on Reuters or AP. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:07 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Islander, just tell me what he did! Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:27 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok, I succumbed and read the 'report' from that distateful media organisation people still seem to be hanging on to Laughing

So, Jones decided to say a school shooting didn't happen. Then the parents of one of the children said to be involved said they had received "harassment" over what Jones had said.

It seems to me that it is the people who did the harassing that should be on trial. And what form did this harassment take? Did Jones say that people should harass these parents? Or did he just express a personal opinion, and not tell anyone to do anything?

There doesn't seem to be enough information in that article to make a fair judgement. We are not even told exactly what it was Jones is claimed to have said.

I find myself in that position with most news stories tbh. You always have to reserve a certain amount of judgement knowing you're only ever getting a partial account.

Unless, Islander, you can fill in the details?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:29 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

You add " Razz " because you know those are no better Laughing

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Islander wrote:

Au contraire old chap. Reuters and AP are straight news with no editorialisation applied. Razz

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Au contraire old chap. Reuters and AP are straight news with no editorialisation applied. Razz

Prove it.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Prove it.

https://www.ap.org/about/

https://www.reutersagency.com/en/about/about-us/

They both provide new gathering services to the worldwide press - the endpoint is where the editorialisation takes place, the stuff they feed in is more or less straight from the journalists' reporting pad. They both take pride in providing an unbiased service and that's the very principle they were founded on. If they shifted from that principle then their business model would suffer significantly.

Of course, if you used the services for your newsfeed for a while, you'd be able to judge the services for yourself but if you're genuinely concerned that editorial bias exists in so-called 'mainstream' news outlets then you should probably try to get your newsfeed as much from source as possible. Guess where that is? Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:24 - 06 Aug 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a funny man Islander!

Now, care to address the questions I asked about this Alex Jones business, fill in the details as I asked? Surely your preferred media services have given you enough to make the judgement you clearly have made? Because you haven't shown me anything that would enable you to do so, so far.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 264 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 54 of 103