Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 11:07 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out of bed after another restless night ... 5 minutes later new compressor arrived (Hyundai HY27550, 50L, 11CFM) ... it's a big'un Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:59 - 12 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
most of my cars have been 3L pluss rearwheel drive

at the moment got a5 quattro and one of the wheel speed sensors is on the blink and need changing

i want in the mood to jack it up and get under it while its minus 5 out side

so at the moment is randomly switching in and out of the 4 wheel drift rally fun mode when ever it feels like it

the ESP system on the audis works prity well and is not obtrusive but dame anoying and keeps you on your toes when its turning on and off randomly

I had to replace one of the front wheel speed sensors on a VAG car. Whatever you do, remember it's made out of copper coil on two metal pieces, so if you want to use a screwdriver and hammer to get it out, tap only around the sensor, never in the middle. If put your screw driver in the middle of the sensor and than hammer it, it will destroy the sensor and you'll be pulling/drilling the rest of the sensor out of the whole. On some cars it can be done without taking the brake rotor off. Going in through the lug bolt hole.

Maybe you'll be lucky and just pull the sensor out, in my case the sensor was the original one, fitted 18 years ago. And once I ''stabbed'' it with my screwdriver, I had to remove the brake caliper, brake rotor and then chissle and grind the remains of the sensor out of the bracket hole.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:45 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heated saats, Heated Screen. Winter Tyres and enough power to amuse myself smugly going past the many abandoned BMW/Mercedes.

4" of the white stuff and the SouthEast grinds to a merry standstill. Admittedly that was yesterday but today what oils my gears is a mandatory WFH day.

It's been 14 months since i did this - see how long it takes to get my home office above Baltic Very Happy

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 09:23 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
what oils my gears is a mandatory WFH day.

It's been 14 months since i did this - see how long it takes to get my home office above Baltic Very Happy

If the home temperature is below 16 degrees after the first two hours, do you have to send yourself to work?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:03 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Heated seats

Truly an innovation. Heated steering wheel is pretty awesome too. My last job was in a refrigerated warehouse
which was kept at 1 degree centigrade. After 8 hours of that I was chilled to my bones at the end of a shift
every day, especially my hands. Heated steering wheel and a toasty seat had me defrosted by the time I'd driven home.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:18 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

If the home temperature is below 16 degrees after the first two hours, do you have to send yourself to work?

I could send myself to work in the car - nice and warm in there. Probably cheaper to heat that too.

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Probably cheaper to heat that too.

Indeed well, the car will always be making heat either way!

As for heated anything- you lucky buggers. It's weather like this, and getting up earlier to spend the extra 10-20 minutes time 'defrosting' the car in the morning that I really think heated windscreen would be a great investment.

It would be tempting to smash it on purpose and try and get my insurance to supply a heated windscreen (they do exist for my car in aftermarket world, i've researched), but I just bet my luck they demand to supply an 'original spec' - double the price (31 year old car) - plain old no thrills one instead. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:12 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get kits for seats too - my old 90s Del Sol has them retro fitted into S2000 seats. Makes it genuinely civilised to use all year round. Plus as it's an import, it came with climate control as well as AC. The UK spec ones don't have that Smile

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:11 - 13 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a big lie-in.
Played Bass guitar for an hour.
Ate some nice chocolate.
Drank some good coffee.
Had some spicy cauliflower soup.
Sampled some found sounds around the house.
Did the pre-production to the samples and loaded them into the drum machine.
Got a nice groove going.

Then...opened my birthday presents.

Don't think I've booked my birthday off work before...will be doing it again. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:54 - 14 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Big-Meeting-day went well (I think).
No doubt if it didn't, I will hear about it in the morning Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 15 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Don't think I've booked my birthday off work before...will be doing it again. Thumbs Up

I've never worked on my birthday even once in my entire adult working life, I've either booked it off and if that
wasn't possible gone sick. It's MY day so they can all go whistle. I don't mind working at Christmas though so I
think that's fair enough.

blurredman wrote:
I really think heated windscreen would be a great investment.

In a diesel car maybe, in a keyless Cool petrol car it can sit on the driveway for 10 minutes, engine running,
demisters, seats, steering wheel and heaters all on while the key is safely inside with me while I have a cuppa.
Have tested what happens if someone were to get in and drive off and the car will do about 10 metres then stop,
it barely makes it off of the driveway.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:31 - 15 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made a mod to an electric hand plane to make it into an ultra wide hand held jointer ... will now make a stand to hold it and make an ultra wide stationary jointer Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my boat today.
Took my booster starter pack with me, to aid starting the engine .
20 seconds pre-heat , one turn of the key and away it went Smile Thumbs Up .

After all that fffffreezing weather over the last week, I wasn’t expecting the engine to start so easily.

Happy Pepperami is happy Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:15 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The solstice jam is on albeit a smaller group of us....which suits me fine as any more than 4 musicians together can often end up with volume war.

Prof D - Drums
Dr Zimm Zodiac - synths and vocals
AJ - Vocals
Me - Guitar, grooves and rants.

It'll be great to have us rattling the roof tiles again.

Gearlist; Premier 5 piece kit, iPad, 58 n 57 mics, Melody Maker & JC40. Pair of bi-amped speakers and a Soundcraft 10 mixer.

My pedalboard is Wah..Big Muff Pugilist distortion phaser (set to max) a little delay and the Plus pedal. Ebow and taking the Sony D50 field recorder.

Yes I am looking forward to it...yes Dr Zimm will think he's too quiet (because he's bleedin deaf and won't admit it)
AJ will think it's too loud because he usually plays folky acoustic stuff.
Prof D (our paraplegic drummer) will amaze us...yes he is a professor.
I will try too hard and forget it's only a jam.

[update]
It was really good.
The best people I know making music together.
Pity I have to be up in few hours for work....still buzzing.

Last edited by Howling Terror on 02:23 - 22 Dec 2022; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:25 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

Me - Guitar, grooves and rants.

You're just not prepared that your name is Captain Fudgetunnel and the whole ensemble are called 'the pillow biters' are You?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:09 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am the postman you my letterbox is our next single.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:47 - 20 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gears oiled by BOA Fit System.

https://dassets.shimano.com/content/dam/global/cg1SHICCycling/final/products/cg2SHICLifeStyleGear/cg3SHICFootwear/cg4SHICShoes/cg5SHICShoes/SH-MW702-shic6-detail_3.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/SH-MW702-shic6-detail_3_750_750.jpeg

Wub

https://www.boafit.com/en-us/innovation/#pid-1446

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:18 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm proper buzzed today.
Early meeting was successful. I only had one small Teams-related panic, but not at my usual level of anxiety.
Stopped in at a scientificky sort of meeting at St Thomas's on the way home and really enjoyed it. Lots of networking. Woot.
Plus the mystery Sloane Square lady really made my day.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:48 - 21 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

headphones...
get a half decent set up and it really reveals the music.
a hell of a lot cheaper than a hifi system too.
tonight im streaming music on Tidal using a topping DAC and headphone amp with some Letshouer S12 planar earphones.
the sound quality is really impressive for the outlay.

SpiritMr89
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 04:56 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thick as pig crap co worker, talking about a 19yo lad who was fostered at 3yo. And doing the idiot finger thing when saying parents.

Tried to tell him, some people, see the foster, adoptive parents as real family.
He just made a dumb ass joke, trying to explain that, giving birth to you, doesn't make you family went straight over his fat head.

Full 30min break then him trying to argue over the radio for an hour, like a tweenager, been told they are wrong.

Nearly pulled him out cab and decked it little shit. For the stupid comments he was making about:

Family is only blood,
Parents are the ones who had sex,
Ect,

In the end I offered him to say that stuff to my wife. She was adopted at 7yo with her brother and twin sister.

We met he biological father few years ago.
15mins in to meeting him, she ask me if we could leave. The bloke had been waiting with the same mobile number for 30YEARS, for her to call.
Honestly a felt heart broken for him.

When driving back. She told me:

'I'm glad I got that out my mind. My family are my family. He is a sperm donar.'

He has met met my wife. And knows she is a scary ass lass.

He suddenly went very quiet.

She is part of the 80's/90's foster care home system.

If he had said any of that shit to her what he did to me, he would have 5'2 1/4 (gets mardy when you forget the quarter). Raining a hail of abuse on him.

If the boy starts again, he will get a slap.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:47 - 22 Dec 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve had two sets of new neighbours since early this year and we’ve introduced ourselves, chatted in the street often, but I always forget new names. It’s difficult to ask twice and the longer it goes on the worse it gets. Thank goodness for Christmas cards then! I started the ball rolling and got cards in return, happily without the, “from all at number 17” letdown. I now know their names, and in the case of the Eastern European couple, how to spell them.
Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 124 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 70 of 103