Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

have never tried haggis. cant say i regret it Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:43 - 25 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
have never tried haggis. cant say i regret it Laughing

It's delicious. Razz

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:58 - 27 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmm, haggis! Wub

Today I are mostly pleased to be SO OLD nowadays that I get free prescriptions Dance!

Not that I particularly wanted a prescription of Azithromycin cos its very rough on an unsuspecting gut - but my dodgy maxillary sinuses have responded well to it before, so I instructed the GP to send me some so that I could survive the weekend without shrieking in pain every time I touch my face.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:00 - 28 Jan 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

First time out on the bike since my dodgy leg. Bit chilly but not too bad.

Notable things from the City: a guy wearing blue jeans and mustard coloured trainers Shocked Petrol prices from £1.42 to £1.57. And another episode of "I almost took some c*nt out..." but that's pretty common in town. Also passed a massive gaggle of Harleys on my way in.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 02 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My bewildering beep has finally gone, hoorah!

The electrician immediately spotted that the beep wasn't from the smoke alarm but from the CO2 monitor which had run out in Sept last year (hence beeping since mid Oct)

So he put the smoke alarm back up, threw away the CO2 thingie, and put in a job request for someone to put in a new CO2 monitor, as it wasn't the sort of thing he normally carried in his emergency call-out kit Cool Thumbs Up

It helped that he was a proper hottie, result.
Extra gear-oiling Wub

yen_powell
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:21 - 02 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

The electrician immediately spotted that the beep wasn't from the smoke alarm but from the CO2 monitor which had run out in Sept last year (hence beeping since mid Oct)

So he put the smoke alarm back up, threw away the CO2 thingie, and put in a job request for someone to put in a new CO2 monitor, as it wasn't the sort of thing he normally carried in his emergency call-out kit Cool Thumbs Up

Extra gear-oiling Wub
My last detector started beeping and seemed to have no way of replacing the battery and I couldn't smash the thing hard enough to shut it up. I put it in the bin outside, the dustmen were due 10 days later (fortnightly collections) and I could still hear the bloody thing when going to and from my garage all week. I'll bet it is still making noise deep down in some landfill right now, earthworms are probably writing letters of complaint to their MPs. The poxy thing reckons it's out of power so beeps for ages to tell you, where's it get the power for that eh!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:35 - 02 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Hopefully) my bin men are due tomorrow.
I can't actually hear the beeping from here ... hoorah for airport-adjacent double glazing Laughing

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 04:11 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Mmmm, haggis! Wub
Today I are mostly pleased to be SO OLD nowadays that I get free prescriptions Dance!

Luckily I'm from up North ... little place called Scotland ... where we get free prescriptions Very Happy

Thank feck ... I'm on eleven different medications at the moment ... one less in a few days as antibiotics ... but it'd cost me a fortune every 28 days if I were down South Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:32 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Extra gear-oiling Wub

Just for the record it's a CO detector, not CO2. Carbon monoxide, nasty stuff. Makes you fall asleep and not wake up. I have 2 on my boat because of the solid fuel stove, engine, and diesel heater.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 18:06 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
hellkat wrote:
My bewildering beep has finally gone, hoorah! ................

Just for the record it's a CO detector, not CO2. Carbon monoxide, nasty stuff. Makes you fall asleep and not wake up. I have 2 on my boat because of the solid fuel stove, engine, and diesel heater.

It might have been a speech detector, in which case CO2 is correct ... it has been said that some people talk too much ... hat/coat Laughing

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:25 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having seemingly exhausted all avenues to repair or replace a damaged electrical relay connector on my 20-year old Yamaha R1 I searched the internet yet again and finally discovered an American website which can supply what turns out to be a 16-way Sumitomo TS050 + 090 hybrid unsealed connector. Better still, the website cross-references the item as a Toyota component. Some American websites do seem to be this helpful. I’ll be off to the local Toyota parts desk tomorrow morning but otherwise I’ll happily pay a small fortune for delivery from the good ol’ US of A.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
It might have been a speech detector, in which case CO2 is correct ... it has been said that some people talk too much ... hat/coat Laughing

Hell, you think I talk too much *now* ... you've not EVEN met me in person Laughing Laughing Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:42 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Goodness me, you're entirely right.
And I knew that's what it was, and all about the falling asleep thingie ... but for some reason my brain wanted to type "CO2", how strange. Thinking

Old age, I'm going senile.
Brick Wall Mr. Green Mr. Green

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:45 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

BanditsHigh wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Mmmm, haggis! Wub

Luckily I'm from up North ... little place called Scotland ... where we get free prescriptions Very Happy

Thank feck ... I'm on eleven different medications at the moment ... one less in a few days as antibiotics ... but it'd cost me a fortune every 28 days if I were down South Crying or Very sad

Yeah but down here in Blighty, if you are on 11 different meds, chances are you're likely to be too sick to work and so are on benefits and it gets paid for free.

I even know people who complain if their paracetamol got forgotten off the prescription and they have to buy some from Boots at 56p like all the rest of us plebs Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:37 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

another little Brucie bonus from premium bonds.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:50 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vimto Jelly Babies.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:24 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Goodness me, you're entirely right.
And I knew that's what it was, and all about the falling asleep thingie ... but for some reason my brain wanted to type "CO2", how strange. Thinking

Old age, I'm going senile.
Brick Wall Mr. Green Mr. Green

It's all that carbon monoxide. Razz

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:42 - 03 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
another little Brucie bonus from premium bonds.

Aye, they're doing well just now eh?

People keep saying high interest rates are a bad thing.

As long as inflation exceeds interest, I'm happy enough. I owe money on the mortgage but it's getting worth less more quickly than it's accruing interest.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 05:14 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The people on this forum ... always trying to help a fellow biker out ... couldn't meet a nicer bunch of people Thumbs Up

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

New furniture. The cat likes the new corner sofa so much he's left a drool patch where he's slept on it so long.

BanditsHigh
Worse than a woman

PostPosted: 19:32 - 04 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordered around £550 of stuff from TradePoint (B&Q) at end of last week ... delivered on Monday/Tuesday this week ... got a 5% loyalty discount as well Smile

This Friday to Monday, feckers have added a 10% discount to everything for everybody ... on top of loyalty discount Sad

Long story short, order being returned (free of charge) and new order (for the exact same stuff) made ... saving £55 .. result Very Happy

Due to their system they couldn't just give me the discount and the two staff who sorted it for me are going to try and get the collection and delivery cancelled out ... but whatever happens I got money back Thumbs Up

UPDATE: They've seen sense, so they won't be out to collect and then redeliver the exact same stuff Very Happy

Last edited by BanditsHigh on 12:35 - 05 Feb 2023; edited 1 time in total

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 05 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got my avatar back after it inexplicably vanished months ago. This time I used ‘upload avatar from a URL’ and a dedicated website to create the avatar in the first place.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:07 - 05 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are blue skies and the sun is shining. Dance!
My tiny urban garden will be the subject of my devotion today. Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 05 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

My garden has already delivered, in the form of a handful of fennel fronds which I might have thrown away when I was pruning fuckloads of ivy (hateful stuff!) off my back fence - and the fennel was underneath it, so I cut that too (by mistake) ... only I remembered to put them up to my nose just before I flung them in the rubbish bag.

And they smelt wonderful: green, pungent, reminding me of my childhood in NZ and also of Italy.

So I've brought them into the kitchen, washed them off and am planning to freeze them for adding to some appropriate foods in the very near future.

Yay! Wub
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 75 of 101