Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:39 - 12 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching the Hedgehog come in and eat the food i put out. have discovered it prefers peanuts to the pet shop hedgehog kibble.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:16 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
watching the Hedgehog come in and eat the food i put out. have discovered it prefers peanuts to the pet shop hedgehog kibble.

They love slugs and wee beasties and wurimz.

I remember that they have difficulty with certain foods. You would have to google it.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:33 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
hedgehog

I remember that they have difficulty with certain foods. You would have to google it.

Rack of lamb? Ice cream in a cone? Crab in the shell perhaps? And they find opening tins a touch awkward, I've heard.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:05 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The young starling which appeared in the garden yesterday has survived the night. I’ve no idea where it came from. I was afraid the local cats would get it and there wasn’t anything I could do. The parent birds are feeding it but it looks like it’s still a few days away from flight. Come on little fella!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:14 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my boat Triffids has put on a growth spurt. It must be all the canal midges it's been eating. I will have to watch it doesn't come for me at night. Shocked

https://scontent.flhr3-3.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-0/p526x296/198831947_10219906030307472_269475077776106128_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=sbTNapWqS04AX8dubBh&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-3.fna&tp=6&oh=d5eb3aa0adab8c608d6fce4a9b8bd077&oe=60CADA81

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:45 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Hmm?? Flesh eating plants that are suddenly getting bigger Shocked ?
F*gk that sh*t! They’d have to go.
I couldn’t be sleeping on the boat with them lurking in the background Shocked Confused .
I’ve seen the film, I know what’s gonna happen!!

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:14 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
The young starling which appeared in the garden yesterday has survived the night. I’ve no idea where it came from. I was afraid the local cats would get it and there wasn’t anything I could do. The parent birds are feeding it but it looks like it’s still a few days away from flight. Come on little fella!

had a young one with a damaged wing in my garden recently. it fled to the undergrowth every time i went out, otherwise i would have taken it in to heal.
it disappeared after 2 days, predator or recovery i dont know?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:11 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Rack of lamb? Ice cream in a cone? Crab in the shell perhaps? And they find opening tins a touch awkward, I've heard.

/\ Sarcasm? Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:14 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

They're funny to watch. The two adults fuss like mofos stuffing food into their youngster. It won't even peck it's own food up. It just squawks for mum and dad to feed it.
I've watched seagulls doing the same thing.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

/\ Sarcasm? Rolling Eyes

Very Happy

When have you ever seen a hedgehog cope with any of those without having problems? Wink
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

Hmm?? Flesh eating plants that are suddenly getting bigger Shocked ?
F*gk that sh*t! They’d have to go.
I couldn’t be sleeping on the boat with them lurking in the background Shocked Confused .
I’ve seen the film, I know what’s gonna happen!!

Tendrils. Creeping, fleshy tendrils disappearing somewhere out of sight. That's what would bother me.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went swimming.

https://i.imgur.com/GFTPt5M.jpg

Swam to weir.

https://i.imgur.com/0pj05j7.jpg

Walked around for a bit.

https://i.imgur.com/rw20lG1.jpg

Did a bit more swimming.

https://i.imgur.com/Ub2I37G.jpg

Didn't see any adders. Sad

https://i.imgur.com/Qj8V8RY.jpg

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:15 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Didn't see any adders. Sad

They're all busy in the bushes multiplying.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:32 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you go magnet fishing for bikes?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 10:18 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more magnet fishing cos the magnet I've got isn't powerful enough to fish much out of rivers or canals. Sad

It would have been a good day if we'd caught those bikes!! Laughing

The main reason for going swimming though was cos nobbys kid wanted to but nobby is too boring / sensible to go swimming in rivers. Laughing

For some strange reason, said child wants to help with Caen Hill flight in a few weeks. Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
No more magnet fishing cos the magnet I've got isn't powerful enough to fish much out of rivers or canals. Sad

It would have been a good day if we'd caught those bikes!! Laughing

The main reason for going swimming though was cos nobbys kid wanted to but nobby is too boring / sensible to go swimming in rivers. Laughing

For some strange reason, said child wants to help with Caen Hill flight in a few weeks. Laughing

Make the most of it. He wont offer to help a second time. Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:42 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that is a possibility but my mum and step dad will be pleased with getting help from child labour for one way on the flight even if child labour is not willing to help when going back up the flight.

Child labour can be bribed anyway, help with some more locks and you can drive the boat for a bit. Mr. Green

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:07 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you get a boat to move uphill? With the power of monotony Neutral

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:13 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very slowly.

https://i.imgur.com/IDxdHJR.jpg

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:54 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Lock Picking Lawyer. Click on 12, nothing on 15.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:33 - 14 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

watching the songbirds bring their young into the garden to feed. some little fluffy sparrows and a green finch not much bigger than my thumb were amoungst todays visitors.
i can happily watch them for hours.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:25 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awake at 5am listening to the bloody crows baw and caw. So got up and had a lovely drive to McD with the roof open. No traffic at all which means no people. No better way to start a day.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:51 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Awake at 5am listening to the bloody crows baw and caw. So got up and had a lovely drive to McD with the roof open. No traffic at all which means no people. No better way to start a day.

Haven't you heard?

Most of the population died in the pandemic over the weekend.

Government have been sitting on the evidence since Sunday.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:00 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Monday was clearly Ghoul day then cos it was packed out here!

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:22 - 15 Jun 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Monday was clearly Ghoul day then cos it was packed out here!

And you are so glad to see it so! Very Happy
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 308 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 3 of 103