Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:04 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:
a plinking session in the back garden with my new rifle.
these gas powered jobbies are a lot easier to shoot than the old springers.

PCP? They're definitely easier to shoot accurately than a springer but I quite like the skill level needed for that - it's really all about lightness of grip. Smile

The artillery hold. Makes a remarkable difference.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:37 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:

PCP? They're definitely easier to shoot accurately than a springer but I quite like the skill level needed for that - it's really all about lightness of grip. Smile

this one runs on co2 cannisters. around 40 shots per cannister.
i must admit i quite fancy a springer just for the fun of tinkering to make it better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 11 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:

thats what i told the girlfriend Laughing

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:19 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pissing knob heads off from work. Such joy playing their own games against them, makes me chuckle every time.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
Islander wrote:

this one runs on co2 cannisters. around 40 shots per cannister.
i must admit i quite fancy a springer just for the fun of tinkering to make it better.

I have a BSA Ultra PCP with a high pressure pump to fill it - it's a delight to shoot. My only regret with that is that it's not the magazine version so it's a reload after every shot. I also have a Weihrauch HW80K springer that runs just on the right side of legal and is really accurate with the right technique Smile

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Islander wrote:

That's the very chap Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narrowly avoided a near death experience in the works car park just now. A chap was trying to jump start a car from another car without success when he asked me to help.
Needless to say none of the jump leads connections were correct so you can image the smoke.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:25 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Operation a success,well not so much an operation but more of a procedure. Gall bladder removed 7 weeks ago, ERCP today. In at 8.30 for booking in, went into the treatment room for 9.20, procedure started at 9.30, in a hospital bed recovering by 10.15. Back home by 2pm.

NHS staff and system is nothing short of brilliant. 1 major surgery and 1 procedure both text book results. Happy is an understatement.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

North West 200 has started.

Supersport Live now
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/northern-ireland/61277080
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went out for dinner for the first time in about two and a half years.
Good scoff (roast duck, potatoes, & fresh local vegetables) was had and a beer too Smile .

From the local pub to my house is a short walk, so I didn’t even need the car Thumbs Up

virus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:16 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

My day job is as a CNC monkey making parts for various food processing industrial machines. Today my gears are oiled because we had an old boy come in with a 1960s honda CB77 upper crankcase half with a bolt that was fucked in it.
He had tried to drill out a rounded allen key bolt thats an oilway cross drill blank and had snapped a drill bit in it.
After a bit of careful setup on the old Huron as this case still had the barrel studs and the lower case studs in it I managed to mill it out, clear the snapped bit of drill and tidy up the thread. Old boy came to collect it very pleased and paid in both cold hard cash and beer.

Win win! Got to do some interesting engineering for both money AND beer!
owned: 85 rat CG (sold), 91 GS500e (stolen), 84 gsx400f (scrapped), 81 z250 (siezed, siezed, scrapped), 83 cb250rs (sold), 84 gpz750r ratfighter (killed) 84gpz400 (sold), '80 cb650 ratfighter (wrote off) 95gsx6/12f ratfighter (killed) 91 xj900 (sold)
stinkwheel Well I just had my hands up a pigs fanny. Which makes your concerns pale into insignificance.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:29 - 12 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

There's one called Tyrannosaurus Rex ... Shocked
I'm hoping it smells of patchouli, mossy trees and engine oil (Mini).

Fuck!
Its a fucking beast of a fragrance.
Punched me right in the nose!
Very medicinal, ugh, like ... mercurichrome or something Puke

"Top Notes: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Fir, Laurel Leaf, Neroli, Nutmeg
Heart Notes: Champaca, Geranium, Jasmine, Osmanthus, Rose, Ylang Ylang
Base Notes: Resins, Cade, Cedar, Civet*, Frankincense, Leather*, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla"

Didn't even have the finesse to dry down to anything interesting Mad

I dunneven know WTF "champaca" is supposed to be, lol.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:20 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
hellkat wrote:

There's one called Tyrannosaurus Rex ... Shocked
I'm hoping it smells of patchouli, mossy trees and engine oil (Mini).

Fuck!
Its a fucking beast of a fragrance.
Punched me right in the nose!
Very medicinal, ugh, like ... mercurichrome or something Puke

"Top Notes: Bergamot, Black Pepper, Fir, Laurel Leaf, Neroli, Nutmeg
Heart Notes: Champaca, Geranium, Jasmine, Osmanthus, Rose, Ylang Ylang
Base Notes: Resins, Cade, Cedar, Civet*, Frankincense, Leather*, Patchouli, Sandalwood, Vanilla"

Didn't even have the finesse to dry down to anything interesting Mad

I dunneven know WTF "champaca" is supposed to be, lol.

Ylang-ylang is a tree with powerful scented flowers that hang in pretty little bunches from droopy branches.
Planted near outside toilets in tropics to ward off the stench of human endeavours.
There was is one at the front of the Golden Tulip Hotel in Accra , Ghana, West Africa. There was no outside lavvy there though.

I think Civet is extract from anal gland of Civet cat. How did they ever discover that?

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:30 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, civet is an acquired taste, so to speak.

I tried a really civetty perfume once that I *swear* smelled to me, at least, of pissy knickers (in a good-ish way). I wasn't at all sure of it when I first tried it on but the boyf at the time thought it was wonderful.

My mate Elena - who is entirely responsible for getting me into fancy niche perfume testing - can't stand it. She went to kiss me, mwah mwah, as ya do, and she literally backed off Laughing with her nose wrinkled and went "Oh! Jen! What is that fragrance!? I don't like it at all."

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:36 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I think Civet is extract from anal gland of Civet cat. How did they ever discover that?

And ambergris!
Basically solidified whale chunder, wtf.

Everyone thinks fragrance is all about pretty fields of lavender but really, there are some strange things in there Cool

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:05 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulled out an errant nasal hair at first attempt.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

https://vimeo.com/96034417

Laughing

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Good man! Always a pleasure....

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 13 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent the day in my favourite office on the senior management floor, chatting up The Chaps Wink
And working very hard for your tax dollar, naturalmente.
Laughing

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:16 - 14 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old dear from next door just showed up with a bag full of lunch.
Nice, home made Indian vegetarian food, spicy as fuck but unbelievably delicious.

Happy to break the carb thing whenever she shows up.

*Strips of ginger, mouthburningly hot, cooked with some sort of seeds and turmeric, yikes. Awesome.
* Lots of yoghurty stuff with ?semolina balls
* Some potatoey veg curry
* An unseemly stack of warm chapattis

Wub

Its well worth the odd five minutes of pidgen english banter on the front doorstep.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 14 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I made it up all of my nemesis hills during my e-bike trial with surprising ease.
Yes, it still took effort but I made it to the top of all of them without feeling the need for oxygen, not too bad for an extremely unfit 53 year old.
The bike itself wasn't the best fit, too small. Way too much pressure on my arms and shoulders. Also back ache.
I'm thinking a Switch conversion kit for my existing bike is the way forward and probably the most cost effective option.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:31 - 14 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went to my storage unit today and cleared out everything but the bike. Got a full vanload out which will be going into
the new shed now it's watertight, locked and covered by CCTV. Couldn't be arsed unloading it all today so I'll do it in the
morning then head back down there and endeavour to get the bike started for the first time in nearly three years.
Fitted the MOT compliant number plate this afternoon, new battery to go onto the bike tomorrow, baffle to re fit and
a blob of glue to smear onto the loose hand grip and it should be good to go. Next step, book MOT. Still waiting on some
poly top nails so I can finish trimming the rubber sheet on the shed roof in but it's bone dry in there, loaded it out with
some of my power tools, those shelves were under my stairs but it turns out they fit in the shed nicely. For my next project,
my understairs space, now no longer needed for tool storage will be turned into a mini office. And the Spacker will
soon be home. Damn I've missed that ridiculous thing. Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 17 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent some time getting the Spacker running this afternoon. It LIVES!!! Going to try and get an MOT booked up pronto.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:11 - 17 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just in the off-site garage putting the Yamaha back together when my neighbourhood friend the ginger cat appeared in the doorway meowing his demands, so I had no choice (seriously, that cat has powers) but to stop what I was doing, go into the house and get the cat/hedgehog food out. A brief rest on the decking and then he made me open the front door. Gone now. I feel used, but in a good way.

* I still call him “Cat” though I spotted him in a discussion on Nextdoor.com and his owners call him Jasper. Someone else whose house he invaded called him “The Lion”.

I can’t decide whether I should be a cat person or a dog person when (if) I retire.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:26 - 17 May 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I can’t decide whether I should be a cat person or a dog person when (if) I retire.

The good news is: you can be both.
I am unashamedly bi-pet-ual
Mr. Green
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 345 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 46 of 103