Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:50 - 09 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

eBay business seller. bought a laptop. It was advertised in A+ condition.

Turned up in a proper air bag.
I've had brand new kit look worse.
Exactly as described.
Everything working.
Arrived next working day.
Brand new charger in the box.

So good that I've bought the other one they had ( one was Swedish keyboard and the other is Spanish) for my wife.

Totally and utterly surpassed expectations.

Gears fairly well oiled.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 09 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easygeezer wrote:

Alligator?

Indeed.
I thought it was an appropriate title, coming under my "Apex Predators are Cool" category.

Diggs wrote:

I just watched that. Cool Cool Cool

Yeah, a bit mad eh Laughing
She's a really nice girl. Cool

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 09 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
Are you a 'Glow Up' watcher Diggs?

I am more than happy to admit that I had to Google that.

Me too, oh dear!
I till haven't been able to bring myself to watch Love Island, and I only got through 3 of the Dog Groomer reality show, so I can't see myself rushing to watch Glow Up.

Besides, I've still got my hands full with Schitt's Creek Laughing
(my chosen junk-tv binge of the week)

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:23 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 9.5% "mild". Tasted like fig rolls with a bit of Christmas pudding. I was saved by the bus or else last night could have ended up messy - this stuff was bloody fantastic.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/nahnahmild.jpg

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:17 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
oh yeah, and THEN ... later on that evening, Marc Riley played the Katy J Pearson song on BBC Radio 6 for which I was in the video (which he described as being "rather David Lynch") - when I was shuffling about in the background being a waitress - so I texted Marc Riley and told him so and also said I thought KJP was a cool chick. Eventually he read it out on the programme and then said, well if you were the waitress in that video then you must be quite a cool chick, too.

Cool Thumbs Up Yes Marc, I am.
Laughing

As you're not crass enough to do it yourself, I suppose for the benefit of BCF I'll have to post the bloody link then.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9EUScQz5JSs

I don't know how you manage to put gloves over them nails to ride a bike, I supposed they're fingerless?

No wonder the bus driver flirts with you, probably recognised the celebrity, you're bloody everywhere lol.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:49 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your Equity listing have "can ride motorbikes" Smile

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, both my car insurance and my bike insurance are due at the same time.
This is a little strenuous on the wallet.

So I decided to sit and look for cheaper insurance for both bike and car on teh net.
After a chat with both my existing insurers, both gave me new cheaper quotes.
Money saved on both insurances and a few pounds saved.
Happy Pepperami is happy Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:42 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:

As you're not crass enough to do it yourself, I suppose for the benefit of BCF I'll have to post the bloody link then.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9EUScQz5JSs

How kind. Thank you.
I just assumed if people were interested enough, they would find it Laughing

Quote:

I don't know how you manage to put gloves over them nails to ride a bike, I supposed they're fingerless?

The make up lady cut them down for me before I left the set, I couldn't have wiped my own arse with those: no idea how the women who wear them all the time do that.

But no, I havent ridden with them on, not even the cut down versions. I could barely type. It was a relief to go to the Chinesey ladies and get them taken off and normal fake nails put on instead.

Quote:
No wonder the bus driver flirts with you, probably recognised the celebrity, you're bloody everywhere lol.

Laughing
Not yet I'm not.
I'm hoping for a part as an eccentric but strangely sexy old hag in a Harry Potter film, but Miriam Margoyles and Helena Bonham Carter already seem to have that pretty much sewn up between them.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:52 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Does your Equity listing have "can ride motorbikes" Smile

Thinking
Hmm ... an Equity listing, I think you have to have a certain amount (or type) of work before you can apply. Might look into it.

Every one of my "extras" profiles on assorted websites has motorbikes listed, don't you worry about that. The people at Ugly said that when I am next in Shepherds Bush on the Snarley I should stop back into their office and get some photos done ont bike. But its in the workshop being fettled (rather more work than I was expecting), so I haven't got round to getting back there yet. No doubt some bike work will crop up eventually. I quite fancy myself as Pat Butcher's wild-child biker sister/cousin/bastard from NZ but nobody's on the blower about that (yet) Laughing

So far, vehicle wise, I've only been asked if I could drive a Landrover because they wanted a body double stand-in driver for Brenda Blethyn and I was the right shape/age, except my feet were too big Rolling Eyes

Apparently she has tiny feet, like size 5 or something. I'm a size 8.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:08 - 10 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today's gear oiling has come rather strangely in the form of a very complicated and potentially huge, not to mention frustrating conundrum at work. We have to amalgamate a lot of documents between ourselves and another hospital, and it looks like quite a lot of the leg work is going to have to be done by me.

Should be interesting...!
Something to get me teeth into.

Plus it requires that I sit in on a lot more meetings but thankfully not to take minutes. I have quite enough of those to do already!
Except the research committee ones. I need those, or even just to attend. I want to become embroiled (as a rubbernecker) when assorted Profs have a go at one another about something. Sad, I know. I have no life. Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:59 - 12 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got out again on the Spacker today, definitely getting my eye back in after such a long time away from riding, felt more
fluid in my riding and happier to rag the bike a bit more. Twisted Evil I used up all the old petrol and now have fresh in and it's running
much sweeter. With the baffle 'mysteriously' missing again. Shifty it sounds just brill at full chat Embarassed Best enjoy having a
loud bike while I can. I just specced the Akra can for my incoming MT-10 to try and perk that up a bit as I rode the mk1
and enjoyed it but thought it a bit quiet, a waste with that engine. I'll decat it once it's out of warranty.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:12 - 12 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunshine and cider.
https://i.imgur.com/wPjfe0J.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Senior Consort popped round and brought a couple of plants (a couple MORE plants Cool ) and some wiring to get my Deathstar water feature installed.

I did a video but my phone's down to stupid percent battery and I can't upload it. Meh.

It's WAY better in real life.
Its fucking AWESOME. Wub

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:51 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally learned how to change gear smoothly. Probably old hat to some but I had been toying with fitting QS to deal with the fact I just couldn't do what was needed.

Old CB500 never cared about a full.clutch pull as it was such a slow revving old thing that the revs didn't drop off much doing this. I'd never considered the way the clutch works tbh as I'd never needed to.

Z1000 is far more noticeable when you're a bit shit.

Found some random YouTube vid ..... 'load the lever, gently pull the clutch lever and roll the throttle and she'll snick right in' - yeah it can't be that simple ....

Can it??

After 3 rides to / from work apparently it is. I feel (relatively speaking) like I've unleashed my inner MotoGP. Never about fast but feck me I wanted to be smooth and now I am.

Works at any rpm and hasn't cost me 500 quid for a quickshifter I no longer need or want.

I'm sure it'll cause the seasoned pros to have a good giggle but I feel like I've cracked my final piece of the puzzle.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:16 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past 1st to 2nd, I just slot it in whilst moving with no clutch, you'll probably find thats just as smooth?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's where I'll end up. I'm still unlearning an old habit. From what I then read, the small gentle clutch pull just ensures you don't bite a cog.

It has genuinely improved my whole outlook on riding.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:25 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect you'll got it sooner rather than later, I can't remember the last time I used a clutch Laughing

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:48 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I can't remember the last time I used a clutch Laughing

Surely when you stop and pull away?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
I expect you'll got it sooner rather than later, I can't remember the last time I used a clutch Laughing

ive never not used a clutch. im finding this conversation quite mystifying Shocked

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:39 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
I think that's where I'll end up. I'm still unlearning an old habit. From what I then read, the small gentle clutch pull just ensures you don't bite a cog.

It has genuinely improved my whole outlook on riding.

How's your clutchless downshifting though?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 16 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slip assist clutch - don't need to be worrying about that haha

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:23 - 17 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having a good sound sleep, getting up at 4.30 am, doing a washing load, sorting the dishwasher out, out in my shed by 5.00 am, sorting out the repair lamp stand, having a sausage butty and a nice good mug of tea, adjusted the ride height of the lawnmower for mowing later.
Just watching a film before I get started for the day, VERY relaxing.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:02 - 18 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter how smart you think you are there's always a video on YouTube explaining Quantum Time Crystals at kindergarten level that goes right over your head Rolling Eyes

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 18 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
No matter how smart you think you are there's always a video on YouTube explaining Quantum Time Crystals at kindergarten level that goes right over your head Rolling Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:31 - 18 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always assume I'm stupid. That way, I sometimes get a pleasant surprise when I find I actually do understand something Laughing ...although, do I really understand it? Perhaps I'm not smart enough to know Confused

Anyway, there's more than one kind of "smart" Wink That's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it.

Thinking When you think about it, everyone suffers from "Dunning-Kruger" effect.
I could dig myself into a very deep hole here... Laughing
I DO know to take the cap off my telescope though... Razz
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 284 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 48, 49, 50 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 49 of 101