Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:23 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renewing my MOTORCYCLE insurance for less than last year, with considerably better cover. Thumbs Up
Just the job for the incoming brand new MT10. (No welding required).

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:31 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! So we do have some kind of interest in motorcycles in common, if absolutely nothing else. Even if not the same kind of motorcycles. I have always had a sneaking admiration for mechanics who can modify things, and as I like motorcycles (and some cars) I see the act of modification as art. I also have a plan for my life and neither motorcycles nor any sort of consumer good will interfere to the extent I have to work a day beyond the age of 50. When I was younger I had a 1000-amp fuse and now, unfortunately, I have a 0.5 amp fuse. You don't hear it much on here but I do detect rumblings sometimes in the Auntie BCF forum. I see what I see and I want what I want. You pays your money you makes your choice. Nothing new about that and what I want isn't that. I will post about a man who never strayed from appearing to be normal, never had dreamy thoughts about anything, at 3am tomorrow. It's not about you (well...) But everyone including you needs to think again about your assumptions. We aren't 14. You have a tendency to casually insult people you don't know. If you're learning welding you must be too poor to get a new motorcycle. You think like this because you are poor. One day you will figure it out and you will also find you never learned anything you were interested in learning, not a language nor maths nor a science nor anything else. And I'll probably be chopping up your MT10 and you will be just as insecure as now.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:46 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
But everyone including you needs to think again about your assumptions.

I don't. Mine are all correct.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:58 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Are they, though?

I know there's a lot of hyperbole, but just an impression: in your world there are only 2 types of people: liberal arts types, and engineers. The former are all-round useless and don't know anything but liberal arts. They are unproductive. Engineers, brusque, down-to-earth, on the other hand, are responsible for everything good. I don't think that's accurate. There is a lot of overlap. Engineers can't be grouped because a computer engineer can't necessarily design a plumbing system for a house. Also, overlap: engineer can learn French without caring about Baudelaire and without forgetting his mechanical design skills. So if someone is studying French, they might also be able to productively reverse-engineer an engine. An assumption wouldn't work. Additionally, technician occupations (finance, insurance, law, accounts, etc.) are productive in their own way yet aren't liberal arts. And someone who is a retail worker or cleaner is productive yet is neither from liberal arts nor an engineer nor a technician. A politician might be absolutely none of those categories, and unproductive, yet have a plan (e.g. take a bribe, short something with insider knowledge, etc.)

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:58 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Bhuds missus put him on a nooky diet? Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Jeez. Sounds like you don't hang around with engineers, you hang around with d1ckheads.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, every group and I mean EVERY group has nice people, and has @rseholes. The trick is not to give time, attention or anything to the @rseholes.

Also... Dunning Krueger... just sayin'.

These are fair and valid points. But where does making an artistic table top come into it? It doesn't. The idea of making one might never cross the mind of an engineer. Not everything is subject to the Dunning Krueger psychological observation. I saw this artwork once and all it was, materially, was a blank white canvas with black ink randomly flicked and spattered over it. If you let your mind wander you could imagine whatever you liked in that "image". That's an extreme example. But in any case not everyone likes everyone, and that's fine because it's not that deep.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:17 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can I just say....

Piss off you rambling twat, nobody cares, least of all me.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:21 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

^If you wanted proof that buying something doesn't bring you happiness

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Are they, though?

Of course they are.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:12 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Bhud is really REALLY triggered then...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
So Bhud is really REALLY triggered then...

Gone off like a
https://i.chzbgr.com/full/7980454912/hAF74B9E9/gif-of-a-bunch-of-fireworks-that-look-like-they-are-just-one-enormous-firework

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't really that extreme though, was it? Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:12 - 28 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bring the thread back on topic....

After many fuck ups including booking the van for Monday when he should have been there at the weekend, finding out his account had gone dormant so he couldn't access the money (fixed on saturday so it's a good job we didn't go at the weekend,) student loan still not paid, forgot to buy pillows and him really hating being in the van because the suspension was really hard so he was assuming the crash position every time we went over a bump because it went bang.....

No.1 son is at university and every question home is logistics based.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
student loan still not paid

My middle pubert goes back on Saturday, and the bastards haven't paid him his beer/pot-noodle wad either. It was due on Wednesday. It is a good job that he has parents that can sub him until it arrives...

blurredman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Renewing my MOTORCYCLE insurance for less than last year, with considerably better cover. Thumbs Up
Just the job for the incoming brand new MT10. (No welding required).

£127 for my 5 bike policy woop woop!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:29 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Quote:
student loan still not paid

My middle pubert goes back on Saturday, and the bastards haven't paid him his beer/pot-noodle wad either. It was due on Wednesday. It is a good job that he has parents that can sub him until it arrives...

Turned up today.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:06 - 29 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Turned up today

As did ours. Must have been a national delay...

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:17 - 30 Sep 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some bacon and vegetable soup (mustardy!) from scratch with creme fraiche
Just bunged in a bit of that polish bacon, spoonful or two of garlic paste and seedy mustard, some chopped up green peppers and spring greens, and a couple of bits of squash. Boiled the shit out of simmered it all afternoon and weyhey its fuckin awesome Wub

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 06 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daughter #2 returned from a 10 day trip to Canada with a couple of belated birthday prezzies, one of which was a bottle of Crown Royal whisky.
The first sip caught me out a bit, it's rather potent. Wasted

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:33 - 07 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Pepperami is happy.

I had my final check up on my eye after surgery.
The Optometrist/eye bloke told me all was good Thumbs Up .

Relieved Pepperami is relieved Smile .

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:40 - 08 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got off the phone with Fowlers, I have a chassis number and a much more reliable date, indeed it's booked into
the workshop for PDI and fitment of accessories now. Time to get the Spacker ready to go. Sad Just had a chat and
they are happier having the stock exhaust on it when it comes in. So it's a rush to find someone who can swap them
over in the next couple of weeks. Clocks ticking now but I'll easily get £400+ for the Akra on the used market so
it's worth the expense of a couple of hours labour. I still have the installation guide for the race exhaust so
hopefully that should help the fitter to remove it and whatever brackets and whatnot it has. As far as I can tell it's
an eight bolt job refitting the stock system which is a 1 piece unit with pipe cat and downpipes which mounts underneath
on two sliding fixings.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:06 - 08 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a local musician shop, found some nice deals in there. Grabbed an MXR ZW44 for £90 and gonna potentially go back and grab that green Fender I haven't stopped thinking about Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:21 - 08 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
As far as I can tell it's
an eight bolt job refitting the stock system which is a 1 piece unit with pipe cat and downpipes which mounts underneath
on two sliding fixings.

So doesn't it make more sense to get the spanners out yourself and save that labour charge too? I'm assuming there's some difficulty somewhere?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:41 - 08 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

So doesn't it make more sense to get the spanners out yourself and save that labour charge too? I'm assuming there's some difficulty somewhere?

It does, but I'd sooner not botch something at this late stage so soon before trade in, I'd have to do the job on the
lawn too, I'm sure it would be lots easier if the bike could be lifted.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:56 - 08 Oct 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

It does, but I'd sooner not botch something at this late stage so soon before trade in, I'd have to do the job on the
lawn too, I'm sure it would be lots easier if the bike could be lifted.

I think I'd at least have a go. If you come to something too difficult, seized bolt or whatever, you can always just abandon the attempt, put what you've taken off back together.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 61, 62, 63 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 62 of 101