Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

So... What oiled your gears today?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 31 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

out on a walk in the forest, came across a charity tractor run.
was quite a sight, 1-200 tractors merrily driving along in a procession that must of been getting on for a kilometre long, all beeping their horns and holding the traffic up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:00 - 31 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

to v or not to v wrote:
was quite a sight, 1-200 tractors merrily driving along in a procession that must of been getting on for a kilometre long, all beeping their horns and holding the traffic up.

Is thst how it worked? The held up drives gave a donation and were then allowed past?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:38 - 31 Dec 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

Is thst how it worked? The held up drives gave a donation and were then allowed past?

highway robbery you might say Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:09 - 04 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have survived Christmas without killing the Military Type.
At least I proved to him that I really *can* cook.

He has inadvertently left behind a pair of socks, a moody Hugo Boss shirt, a pair of tracky bottoms and a can of shaving foam.

I am currently disinclined to visit him in Turkey to return them.
But I may change my mind, if I fancy a cheap holiday for a few days.
Another bullet dodged.

In other news, I attended a Christmas bunfight by the Armed Forces Network at my work, and met some other military types ... which was nice.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:55 - 04 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloke at work received a Guinness nitrosurge gadget for Xmas but since he already had one he kindly donated it to me.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:18 - 04 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brief dabble with stocks and shares ended when the wife had her hand out for Christmas Türkiye* funds. Ever since then all my picks have tanked so it seems I got out at just the right time Smile

*According to Chrome's spell checker you can't say "turkey" any more.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 04 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Bloke at work received a Guinness nitrosurge gadget for Xmas but since he already had one he kindly donated it to me.

My late father would only ever drink bottled Guinness and believed the new fangled draught stuff to be 'fake', for gurls. He never visited Ireland however and so would never have experienced the 'two cask system' described in this interesting article..

https://protzonbeer.co.uk/features/2020/05/13/the-highs-and-lows-of-draught-guinness

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:15 - 06 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the dag out for our first proper solo walkies. Wub
Just a little-dog sized jaunt up to the big park near the A13.

It was very nice trotting along sedately and communing with nature.
And Billie enjoyed herself too, having a big old sniff-around.

Its a urban park so I made a point of spending a reasonable time on the grass as well so she got some proper ground under her feet. We went and sniffed along the borders in places too, so she could really get to know the manor.

I definitely needed to get some air in my lungs, almost two weeks spent mostly indoors, I was losing the plot.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:05 - 09 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scored some Brownie points with the boss today. His car had failed the MoT 'cos the headlight levelling system had broken. There's a little sensor arm attached to the rear suspension and one of the brackets snapped. Of course you can't buy a new bracket, only an entirely assembly Rolling Eyes And who just happens to have a dinky welder on hand Wink

Took longer to get the bits off the car (dirt and rust caked nuts) than the actual welding. Only needs to last till Friday for the MoT re-test, should be fine Very Happy

*edit, I swear my autocorrect is cursed!

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:10 - 12 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Only needs to last till Friday for the MoT re-test, should be fine Very Happy

Did it make it? I've see your welding Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 12 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A100man wrote:

Passed Smile Thankfully tucked way under the car, completely out of sight Very Happy

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:32 - 12 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
A100man wrote:

Passed Smile Thankfully tucked way under the car, completely out of sight Very Happy

A good bosh of underseal hides a multitude of sins.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:08 - 13 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

A long motorway journey that went without anything to report. No holdups, nobody cutting in front or tailgating me. A minimal amount of lane hogging. 70-80 all the way from Scotland to England aside from a mandatory section of 50.

Sometimes it's the small things eh.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:37 - 14 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dog is starting to understand who is the boss.

When I walked in the room, she got off *my* sofa without me having to tell her. Laughing

I did have to tell her off for recommencing to gnaw my desk*, but as soon as I said Bad Dog, she scurried off to her bed.
So she is learning.

*despite providing her with many chewy toy and bones.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:46 - 14 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find that dogs quickly learn that the sofa is mine after I've sat on them a few times. They scurry away as soon as I start to lower my arse now.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:40 - 14 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm too big to do that. Don't want to squishalise the poor little bugger Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:11 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to sit slowly but at a constant rate so they have to scrabble to get out. They'll try to stay put and brazen it out so you need to keep going until they get the impression that you will actually squash them and panic a little because they are now past the point where it's easy to get off.

Did the exact same with one of the staff dogs at work. It takes seats then growls and shows its teeth when people try to move it. I just need to look at it and nod my head to one side and it gets off.

In my experience, this is something you only need to do once. They remember.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:36 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

This method assumes I have supreme control over my thigh muscles.
Rolling Eyes

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:39 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
This method assumes I have supreme control over my thigh muscles.
Rolling Eyes

Gulp Shocked

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:05 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
A long motorway journey that went without anything to report. No holdups, nobody cutting in front or tailgating me. A minimal amount of lane hogging. 70-80 all the way from Scotland to England aside from a mandatory section of 50.

Sometimes it's the small things eh.

I had a 2600km Toor of Jerminy and Nederlands over the weeks around New Year.
Not a feckin' problem on autobahn from the Jerries.
Only one or two memorable events where some cnut flicked lights at me when I was overtaking the slower traffic in lane two.
I was moving at 135kph in a 120 section and passing traffic but Hanz demanded I exit his personal motorway lane schnell!
Sorry Hanz, I do this as sport. Tailgating me wins you the speed limit when passing a line of trucks in lane two.
It's not my 1st rodeo. Cool

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^I would so flash my lights at you. Wub Middle Finger Wub
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:25 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The trick is to sit slowly but at a constant rate so they have to scrabble to get out......They remember.

I find doing the above plus a well timed guff reinforces the message.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 20:36 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:

I had a 2600km Toor of Jerminy and Nederlands over the weeks around New Year.
Not a feckin' problem on autobahn from the Jerries.
Only one or two memorable events where some cnut flicked lights at me when I was overtaking the slower traffic in lane two.
I was moving at 135kph in a 120 section and passing traffic but Hanz demanded I exit his personal motorway lane schnell!
Sorry Hanz, I do this as sport. Tailgating me wins you the speed limit when passing a line of trucks in lane two.
It's not my 1st rodeo. Cool

Last time I was in Germany on an unrestricted autobahn I had a BMW come over the crest of a hill behind me doing some utterly mental speed and panic brake with smoke pishing off his tyres. He then proceeded to tailgate me while having a full on tantrum, shouting and screaming and banging his steering wheel in rage. I pretended I hadn't seen him in the mirrors and continued with my protracted 55mph overtake of a double artic on my 350 bullet.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:59 - 15 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
my protracted 55mph overtake of a double artic on my 350 bullet.

Shocked

Balls of steel the size of melons...

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:25 - 16 Jan 2024    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of overtaking, there's a stretch of 40mph near me and I overtook this scooter doing less than 30. Must be the one of those rare unmodified 50cc jobbies Wink
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102, 103  Next
Page 99 of 103