Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Afghanistan

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:30 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Ste wrote:

Taliban special forces wearing US military kit and with US rifles:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/08/31/08/47316157-9942593-image-a-16_1630396327710.jpg

Not pictured are the Taliban special forces who're able to tie boot laces properly.

Isn't that a picture of Rogerborg and his paintballing pals?

It's been a while since anyone has made one but that outrageous comment must rank as a blatant Flame. Shocked

Laughing

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:10 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't he into airsoft rather than paint balling?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:53 - 01 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Isn't he into airsoft rather than paint balling?

Doesn't really matter, what ever it's called, he'll be enthused dishing out karma like the little bossy-boots that he/she is. Crying or Very sad

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:59 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taliban are having a fit of rage at the exiting US forces for scuttling the fleet of aircraft and other equipment left behind.

It looks like it was stuff that was out for repair/already scrapped and difficult/not economically salvageable so was abandoned.
But made useless (or not easily fixable by the Technophobic-Mediaeval-Zlamic movement).

The Taliban, who are today crying like children, are the same shower of shite who were busily engaged in shooting down, IEDing and all-around trying to fuk-things-up for foreign peace forces and aid organisations for the past twenty years.

If I could reach out and slap the backs of some kunt's legs it would be the Talibans.

(Insert righteous indignation emojee.)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:38 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Taliban are having a fit of rage at the exiting US forces for scuttling the fleet of aircraft and other equipment left behind.

It looks like it was stuff that was out for repair/already scrapped and difficult/not economically salvageable so was abandoned.
But made useless (or not easily fixable by the Technophobic-Mediaeval-Zlamic movement).

$85 billion worth? Something sounds a bit fishy to me. I wonder what the original source of that claim is?
Or are they saying that they struggled to get people out, but managed to load up and fly all their serviceable equipment out? Cos helicopters aren't going to fly back to the States, nor vehicles drive back, plus all of whatever else they had there. Can you imagine the size of the logistical task they'd have had in the short time frame they gave themselves? Getting everything to suitable airbases? Planning all the flights required by transport aircraft? Refuelling them? Working out pilot rotations? The list goes on.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:10 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how long the love affair with the Afghan refugees is going to last. There are 200 staying in a hotel in Newport Pagnell that MK council has said they will house. That's a good few people pushed further down the council house waiting lists.

They have said they haven't got accommodation to offer the local homeless so where have these houses suddenly spirited from?

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did they have to ship all the gear back to the US? Surely just loading up the trucks and selling cheap to one of the other 'stans would have been better than gifting it all to the Taliban Thinking

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:15 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was all gifted by the US to the Afghan Army, who either turned tail or simply weren’t able to operate, maintain or arm the weapons of a Western force designed to fight an old-fashioned continental war, not a guerrilla one.

It’s starting to sound as if Western forces were there to promote and defend women’s rights, according to the MSM pitch.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:59 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I thought it was all gifted by the US to the Afghan Army

Which would also beg the question, why spike it all, if that's what they're claiming was done?
Otoh, I heard some reports that the most that was done to some aircraft was the breaking of instrument displays in the cockpit, not exactly the most disabling method of denial to the enemy.

It's disheartening that I don't feel I can believe either the Taliban (no surprises there) or the US government, who are clearly on a reputation-damage limitation exercise, which seems a bit futile given all we know. Own it Biden, this is yours to keep.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:42 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
I thought it was all gifted by the US to the Afghan Army

Which would also beg the question, why spike it at all.

Because the Afghan Army weren’t able or willing to use it, so either they or the Yanks tried to make sure the Taliban couldn’t use it either. They’re still toting US rifles (not sure if they have ammo) and driving free Humvees though. The BBC website has them flying a helicopter too, surprisingly.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:56 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

Which would also beg the question, why spike it at all.

Because the Afghan Army weren’t able or willing to use it, so either they or the Yanks tried to make sure the Taliban couldn’t use it either. They’re still toting US rifles (not sure if they have ammo) and driving free Humvees though. The BBC website has them flying a helicopter too, surprisingly.

But there's something still not adding up. Everyone says how surprised they were by how quickly the Afghan Army folded and the Taliban took over. In a situation like that, nothing can have been planned. I doubt even a properly organised handover of kit could have taken place.

As to the Taliban flying helicopters, I'd guess they got US-trained Afghan operatives to do that for them. I wonder if they also trained a cadre of engineers to maintain them. No way of knowing right now, I guess. Spares are only going to last them so long though. I don't actually think that the kit left behind is even that big a problem, except for the US taxpayer, who must be feeling a bit stung over it, given the US is already at its debt ceiling due to Covid and the disastrous policies of the Dems.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:25 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Qataris will look after them.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I wonder how long the love affair with the Afghan refugees is going to last. There are 200 staying in a hotel in Newport Pagnell that MK council has said they will house. That's a good few people pushed further down the council house waiting lists.

They have said they haven't got accommodation to offer the local homeless so where have these houses suddenly spirited from?

Come election time, you have the choice between labour who will house them come what may and the Tories who say they will mainly for electioneering and stuff them off to Labour towns, countries fucked
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:04 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see we are going to give Pakistan millions of pounds to deal with the Afghan refugees. So that's us giving a terrorist state money to look after future terrorists.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:41 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

It's all very simple. Afghan refugees and all those coming across the Channel. Put 'em all on a non-stop train to Scotland, problem solved.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:28 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

It's all very simple. Afghan refugees and all those coming across the Channel. Put 'em all on a non-stop train to Scotland, problem solved.

I suspect come the dawn of the independent emirate of scottisastan something very like that is what will happen with a consequent fugee trail of pasty faced ethnic scots going in the other direction.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:09 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon, you are in the council/care industry. How long will the Afghan refugees be allowed to live in thw houses for free and how much will they be given to live on?

I ask because I've seen figures stating the total cost of housing 20000 refugees will be in excess of 2.5 BILLION.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:15 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbh, 2.5 b8l is feck all where welfare spending is concerned .

https://obr.uk/forecasts-in-depth/brief-guides-and-explainers/an-obr-guide-to-welfare-spending/

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:20 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the 2.5 bil per year or lifetime?

125k lifetime.cost doesn't seem much to me. Remember we owe a lot of them a debt.

Would you be having a hissyfit of they were gurkers?

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how many refugees are being looked after in Oxford, Cambridge, Chipping Norton, Kensington?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

I suspect come the dawn of the independent emirate of scottisastan something very like that is what will happen with a consequent fugee trail of pasty faced ethnic scots going in the other direction.

I'd be ok with that, but no bloody lefties thank you very much Razz

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
I wonder how many refugees are being looked after in Oxford, Cambridge, Chipping Norton, Kensington?

Wonder no more, the North is the most enriched place by far, even before the 1,000 Afghanistan refugees taken in last month.

Https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac.uk/resources/briefings/migration-to-the-uk-asylum/

Figure 7

The distribution of asylum seekers and resettled refugees is highly uneven across the UK

On 30 June 2020, there were around 46,000 asylum seekers in receipt of Section 95 support in the UK, of whom around 42,000 (92%) were living in dispersed accommodation, which aims to house asylum seekers across the UK. The region of the UK with the most asylum seekers per 1,000 of its resident population was the North East, which hosted around 17 times more than the South East (Figure 8, regional bar chart).

Out of the UK’s 379 unitary and lower-tier local authorities (Office for National Statistics, 2020), 231 were recorded as having at least one asylum seeker registered there as of 30 June 2020, meaning that 148 (39%) were recorded as having no asylum seeker registered (although the data also include 127 asylum seekers in an “Unknown” local authority, who could be registered in any local authority). Just 20 local authorities, 5% of the total, hosted around 50% of all asylum seekers on Section 95 support. The local authority with the most asylum seekers was Glasgow City (Figure 8, local authority table).

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon, you are in the council/care industry. How long will the Afghan refugees be allowed to live in thw houses for free and how much will they be given to live on?

I ask because I've seen figures stating the total cost of housing 20000 refugees will be in excess of 2.5 BILLION.

It will initially be very high as its not just rent cost but when in temp homeless accommodation the bill includes paying for the homeless service. I doubt the fugees will be in temp for long though as i suspect a lot of them are not the poor of Afghanistan but likely middle class and if anything to do with the Afghan government corrupt and loaded. When loads of Syrians turned up five years ago they wernt in temp for long, it wasnt good enough for them Shocked

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:41 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The kit/shit I saw some Pakibastirt All-Jiz-Area reporter banging on about being 'wrecked' by the Septics, was auld, obsolete rubbish.
Blackhawk choppers. (Possibly from the 70s)
Like I said, there is on-going routine maintenance that can be extremely involved to keep shit in the air. Complete strip down, inspections and assembly, re-certification and cetera. A lot of that shite may have been at that stage of life.
Considering the amount of metal the Septics flew into Afghanistan over the past 20 years.
All bought and paid for so probably zero value on the accounting books by now. And more expensive/problematic to ship (air-lift) out.
It's more propaganda by Zlamist Whankir journalists. Anti-Western Anti-Capitalist goat shit.
There are still people would bet their hat on the twin tower strike being a CIA plot and they had rigged the buildings with Semtex. Rolling Eyes

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Is the 2.5 bil per year or lifetime?

125k lifetime.cost doesn't seem much to me. Remember we owe a lot of them a debt.

Would you be having a hissyfit of they were gurkers?

1. I'm not having a hissy fit. I don't pay direct tax anymore so to that extent where the gov spends your money doesn't make me cry as much as it did when I was paying 45%. I'm just curious how long we will be paying for them to get on their feet.

2, Do we really owe them a debt. If we said 'come work for us and if anything happens you can leave with us and live in the UK' then we do. But if we said 'come work for us, here's lots of money for doing it.'?

I don't know which was said, neither do you.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 227 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10