Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Afghanistan

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:06 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Do we really owe them a debt. If we said 'come work for us and if anything happens you can leave with us and live in the UK' then we do. But if we said 'come work for us, here's lots of money for doing it.'?

I don't know which was said, neither do you.

There was an Afghan on Radio 4 who had been a chef at the British Embassy and thought that entitled him (and his family?) to a golden ticket.
Doh!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Is the 2.5 bil per year or lifetime?

125k lifetime.cost doesn't seem much to me. Remember we owe a lot of them a debt.

Would you be having a hissyfit of they were gurkers?

1. I'm not having a hissy fit.

Lefties always judge by their own experience.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:10 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
But there's something still not adding up.

Conspiraceh incoming!
Wink

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:44 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
But there's something still not adding up.

Conspiraceh incoming!
Wink

Ok, what you got? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:51 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Ok, what you got? Laughing

The mere suggestion of conspiraceh is enough to say it happened.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:19 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want a conspiracy theory? Ok, how about this one:

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Given that a Taliban spokesman has pledged a more moderate and inclusive approach (scepticism aside), maybe there’s hope that the worst elements of the old Taliban defected to ISIS and were subsequently decimated.

That one's a blinder! Laughing

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love it

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:05 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They’ll turn out to be a great bunch of lads, mark my words.
Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:41 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Lefties always judge by their own experience.

Gobbldegook.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:58 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all very confused.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:13 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrVOdq33okU

The rules are different now

Interesting watch Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:21 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dolts are back in charge.
Never mind, the Taliban are making progress Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:07 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im getting the feeling that already Afghaniwhereszatistan is starting to slip off the public radar. NI contributions being hiked is the new 'Stan.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Im getting the feeling that already Afghaniwhereszatistan is starting to slip off the public radar. NI contributions being hiked is the new 'Stan.

With covid costs, NHS collapsing under the strain of too many people and not enough money. Not enough nice council houses for the great entitled or the ones that have just wiped their feet on the 'Welcome to Britain' map. I'm only surprised these rises haven't come sooner.

And if I'm sounding annoyed see the 'what grinds my gears' thread. Evil or Very Mad

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:28 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

With covid costs, NHS collapsing under the strain of too many people and not enough money. Not enough nice council houses for the great entitled or the ones that have just wiped their feet on the 'Welcome to Britain' map. I'm only surprised these rises haven't come sooner.

And if I'm sounding annoyed see the 'what grinds my gears' thread. Evil or Very Mad

As a retired person, why the fuck would you care about NI increases?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:34 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there are no council houses because Thatcher introduced 'Right to buy' and so all the council houses not bought by their occupiers were handed to housing associations to try and retain affordable social housing.

Councils are under a statatory obligation to house as many as possible bith their non-existant housing stock, though.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:55 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And there are no council houses because Thatcher introduced 'Right to buy' and so all the council houses not bought by their occupiers were handed to housing associations to try and retain affordable social housing.

Councils are under a statatory obligation to house as many as possible bith their non-existant housing stock, though.

It's not just that. Having a large public housing stock effectivly makes the local authority the main competition in the rented accommodation market meaning the state can use that to influence standards. Its the most effective way to stamp out slum landlords.

See, it hasnt taken much to forget Whattzatistan.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:36 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a chap rents out three hooses t' Cooncil (or DHSS or woteva it is), in the street where I live.
Some scary bastirts living there.
One, female possibly, is being shagged by a taxi bastirt (I assume he's shaggin' her.)
He's as daft as a brush too and has such an ocular squint that it looks like one eye is going to the shop and the other eye is coming back with the change.
Anyway, I hate living next to scum. Cool

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:57 - 06 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
There's a chap rents out three hooses t' Cooncil (or DHSS or woteva it is), in the street where I live.
Some scary bastirts living there.
One, female possibly, is being shagged by a taxi bastirt (I assume he's shaggin' her.)
He's as daft as a brush too and has such an ocular squint that it looks like one eye is going to the shop and the other eye is coming back with the change.
Anyway, I hate living next to scum. Cool

Keep us informed of any sudden withdrawal of forces.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

As a retired person, why the fuck would you care about NI increases?

I think they are removing the exemption. Seems a bit weird though, paying into state pension while claiming a pension Laughing

Personally I would rather we restarted industry by removing some of the overpricing of electricity.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:31 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I think they are removing the exemption. Seems a bit weird though, paying into state pension while claiming a pension Laughing

Personally I would rather we restarted industry by removing some of the overpricing of electricity.

NI is not a specific tax it all just cash into the same pot. It's a sneaky corporate tax though which is good when you look at how artfully big corporations avoid tax.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:44 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

NI is not a specific tax it all just cash into the same pot. It's a sneaky corporate tax though which is good when you look at how artfully big corporations avoid tax.

Everyone would avoid paying tax if they could. It's up to the gov to shut any loopholes, something they don't seem very good at doing.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:56 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

Everyone would avoid paying tax if they could. It's up to the gov to shut any loopholes, something they don't seem very good at doing.

We'll if politicians shat themselves when they were hauled up in the Hoose over expenses theft it was evident that the kunts are all in politics to better themselves and certainly not better the Kuntry.
Not enough of the kunts went to jail over it all.
The excuses and fiddling that went on to make their books look respectful was worthy of an OBE.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:31 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="MCN"

We'll if politicians shat themselves when they were hauled up in the Hoose over expenses theft it was evident that the kunts are all in politics to better themselves and certainly not better the Kuntry.
The excuses and fiddling that went on to make their books look respectful was worthy of an OBE.[/quote]

Order of the Brilliant Expenses?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:49 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
[quote="MCN"

The excuses and fiddling that went on to make their books look respectful was worthy of an OBE.

Order of the Brilliant Expenses?[/quote]

Wasn't a duck pond involved somewhere?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 225 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10