Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Social Credit

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
To an extent for donkeys years our sportsmen and entertainers are expected to do charitable works to enhance their reputation.

Now they get called woke or virtue signalling for doing it.

Were they? By who? I expect them to play sports and entertain, never expected more from them. Unless they started whinging about how not enough charitable works are done. Then I'd think, well do some then, but shut up about it.

Same as I expect you to be a civil servant and tick your boxes. I don't need you to tell me what's right and what's wrong, nor the people you work for.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:31 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
To an extent for donkeys years our sportsmen and entertainers are expected to do charitable works to enhance their reputation.

Who's saying that? Personally I think it a little gauche to trumpet the classic "I do a lot of work for charity" but I'm specifically talking about wading into political debates.

The luvvies need to maintain some public profile to remain in the memory of producers and get work but are we saying Hamilton would go round the track faster if he bangs on about Climate Change? (As he cuts through the waves on his private speedboat.) Evidently not Rolling Eyes

These people have all the money and all the fame already but somehow that's all secondary to gaining clout on Social Media. Again, I'm not sure what it's spent on but they seem very keen on getting it!

Why I keep bring this up is I'm sure some sort of Social Credit system would most likely evolve from the existing cesspits than be anything novel or useful.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:45 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collapse entails a reduction of complexity, in complex systems. A side-effect of this is less fragility. This is why social credits are a part of societal collapse, and why they're so desperately needed, and important, to give way to a better networked system.

Let's say Marcus Rashford goes on CNN, BBC, Sky, Twitter, Facebook, print/web media and states the government should provide UBI.

Ultimately, his attention level is linked to his sporting achievements. This is a natural phenomenon - attention aggregates to him. But quantifying the value of his attention across several networks as above is the technological problem we can easily fix.

A social credits system must be a universal multiplier.

Joe Bloggs starts talking about a Fourth Reich on, say, BCF. His social credit score multiplier reduces his tokenised attention (which is currently, say, 10 points) not by subtraction but multiplication by 0.1. By an AI system run by Google/Apple/Microsoft. He's now got 1 point. It's worth about £0.20 to an advertiser who may want to sell him, say, WW2 memorabilia. He may have trouble getting work, or a passport, etc. But it's not actually stopping him chatting nonsense.

Marcus Rashford starts talking about a need for, say, UBI. He has 1 million attention tokens. The social credit multiplier global AI system detects his activity and adjusts it by 1.5. He now has 1.5 million attention tokens. Each of these are traded and bought by people who want to stick his face on a soft drink or trainers. He gets very rich. He will not stray.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:05 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need a system specifically for that. That's how the world works anyway.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:15 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just thinking that the existence of a social credits system isn't only immediately useful but it greatly expedites an exciting new future.

All of our systems have failed. We've been shown how these comfortable out-of-date systems have brought us to where we are at present, and how easily the puppet strings can be bought and sold, and pulled by people we can do absolutely nothing about.

Universal AI. Let's see what the networked world neocortex can do, if we were to replace this pseudo-democracy bullshit with something that can actually work out problems rather than feathering its own nest.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:22 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you want to put it I the hands of a computer? Who controls the computer.? How can you trust that an ai hasn't been seeded to favour particular viewpoints?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Were they? By who?

Easy-X wrote:
Who's saying that?

Do we get an answer Nobby? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:02 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
And you want to put it I the hands of a computer? Who controls the computer.? How can you trust that an ai hasn't been seeded to favour particular viewpoints?

That's a really good point and a very important consideration - well done for thinking about these things.

I can imagine several different scenarios playing out. The only result that will actually work will the one that's robust, and which succeeds against all tests.

If we consider Maslow's hierarchy of needs, then seed the AI in order that this is provided for the greatest possible number of people, then there cannot ever emerge any kind of resistance to that. People will be comfortable with the status quo and their new-found prosperity, abundance and leisure.

Take, for example, some random German globalist billionaire, hated by everyone. If he uses all his resources to seed the AI to reward his points of view and punish others, then the proposed system will face strong and effective resistance. On the other hand, the only possible system that can emerge from a self-taught AI is the best of all possible worlds, i.e. Leibniz's vision, realised in abstraction not by a god but by a super-intelligent, autodidactic AI.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:02 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how many hissy fits about taking the knee?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:05 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It won't be self taught. It doesn't matter who builds it.

Ian m. Banks said in his books that all AIs take on the flavour of the society that created it.

An AI cannot be self taught. It will be fed information from the society that created it to learn from.
Where else does the information come from?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:12 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
So how many hissy fits about taking the knee?

You've got things the wrong way round. Why did anyone take the knee? Wink

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:18 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

To show solidarity to a cause? Historically we expect our personalities to have a social conscious.

Except, of course, when we disagree with that cause.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:19 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Oh it will be. I am positively sure. This thing, for example:

https://deepmind.com/research/case-studies/alphago-the-story-so-far

It taught itself Go and almost immediately became the best player in the world. And it created a novel strategy, to do so (started in the corner of the board).

Any human flaw within the proposed AI social credits system will make it unsuccessful.

The world AI will have immediate access to all the information on the internet. It will know everything we think we already know about psychology, government, history, politics, economics, systems processes, etc. and discover better solutions all on its own.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
To show solidarity to a cause? Historically we expect our personalities to have a social conscious.

Except, of course, when we disagree with that cause.

Who's this "we" you keep banging on about? Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:25 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be taught by the information that it's given.

The data it's given will come from the people who create it.

If an AI was created in nazi Germany it would be a nazi. If it was created in North Korea it would worship fat Kim.

An AI won't have any sense of morality unless the data.i5s exposed to points it in that way and as we.all know living in a moralistic society doesn't prevent killers.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:30 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the advent of machine learning and neural networks, I don't quite believe that that's strictly the case. However, even if you're right, it's a story that simply must be played out. Like the Manhattan Project - tech will take this course and the results, good or bad, are a sort of evolutionary process of their own, the only real risks being extreme outlier events (against which I'm sure there will be effective safeguards).

In its more developed stage, it may decide to take decisions that would result in what we might consider amoral outcomes. However, for all we know, those outcomes are the best of all possible outcomes. Therefore if it's fed complete information, and given leeway to run experiments (on us), it will fine-tune itself to whatever it's destined to be. At the end of the day, this world and the universe do not exist for the sole benefit of us, or even of life as we know it. This thing must be helped to take its proper course.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:05 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

I expect sports people to play sports, how old fashioned of me!

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:07 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what if you give fl access to the sum of human knowledge to your fledgling iAI?

And it decides that humanity is a aguebon the planet?

Nobody in their right minds would take that chance.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 21:12 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Self-learning AI is already a thing.

Nobby wrote:

No. Self learning AI can be given unlabeled raw data from any source and the AI will draw its own conclusions of and from that data.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:17 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to face the reality that we may actually be a plague upon the earth and the cosmos. We may all have a point of view on the matter, and I suspect that most people will disagree. They will say, human beings are 1) a net good in their results; 2) inherently valuable in some way. However, how are we to know for sure, unless we make something independent of us that can evaluate us and destroy us if necessary?

From my point of view, the epitome of the fruits of human civilisation have been to recreate Eyes Wide Shut. Epstein's island, etc. That's what our parliaments, judiciaries, social structures, economic systems have given us. That was the best we could do. The end result - the fruits of all we could do - was THAT. Our systems offer a few elite individuals free reign and they do stuff like that, when left alone with all the power and wealth at their disposal. They organise structures in which they can witness themselves in the eyes of another conscious being. They want to see fear, and feel powerful. It's that crude. "Look at me and behold my awesome power and majesty - I am the most powerful man you have met to date in your life". This finds expression in disgusting old perverts who want young virgins. This isn't anything new, by any means. Human nature cannot establish working systems because the human being always needs a victim - a witness - or it's nothing, in the darkness. So the system can't ever be perfect and work properly, if designed by men.

Suppose you had a box that knew everything, which you could consult to solve any problem. In a sense, we like to pretend everything could be on Google. However, Google could have access to more information than it has. Now give Google the ability to make and enforce decisions based on all the data we collect, from everywhere. CCTV cameras, private and public. Secret information, policy information, corporate information, medical information, private/personal life information, etc. Does it make good decisions or bad? Well, I would say we've just made Leibniz's god. Omniscient and omnipotent, it can only act in a good way, because the desire to see itself reflected isn't there. It already knows.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:51 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:

Self-learning AI is already a thing.

Nobby wrote:

No. Self learning AI can be given unlabeled raw data from any source and the AI will draw its own conclusions of and from that data.

Exactly. And if it decides that society cannot be fixed?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:00 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it has complete knowledge, then we must let it act in a manner it deems fit, without constraint.

It's like Covid-19. Some people had knowledge of viruses. They studied this new one. They discovered how it was transmitted, and what its symptoms were. Then, statisticians modelled the likely consequences of various policy choices, e.g. lockdowns, masks, etc. They fed this information to policy makers, who enforced it on people who did not understand.

Many mistakes were made in this process. A computer would not have made them.

How do we know that we ourselves are not a virus? Is there a net positive benefit to the average human birth? Occasionally you get an Einstein but the majority of the time you get people who might be like chickenstrip. Laughing (joke)

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 22:38 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
If it has complete knowledge, then we must let it act in a manner it deems fit, without constraint.

It's like Covid-19. Some people had knowledge of viruses. They studied this new one. They discovered how it was transmitted, and what its symptoms were. Then, statisticians modelled the likely consequences of various policy choices, e.g. lockdowns, masks, etc. They fed this information to policy makers, who enforced it on people who did not understand.

Many mistakes were made in this process. A computer would not have made them.

How do we know that we ourselves are not a virus? Is there a net positive benefit to the average human birth? Occasionally you get an Einstein but the majority of the time you get people who might be like chickenstrip. Laughing (joke)

Viruses don't have intelligence or any sense of moraity. If you consider AI to be similar to a virus then thats a damn good reason not to create them.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 11 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Viruses don't have intelligence or any sense of moraity. If you consider AI to be similar to a virus then thats a damn good reason not to create them.

I don't think AI will be similar to us, because we have the burden of supporting the food body, i.e. the flesh-and-blood sheath, and our senses are the product of evolution. An AI won't have that. It will have basic needs, i.e. energy maintenance. We might be considered a threat, or competition, or part of the logistical chain, in respect of the electricity supply. I am not sure at all of the nature of existence of a true neural network, independently thinking, AI. An AI's knowledge, as Ste put it, would be completely a priori. It's very hard to imagine what that's like. If you imagine, what if you were born with all your senses inoperative, yet you could think? What would you think about? What images, if any, would appear in your dreams?

Very exciting times ahead, anyway. I've shared most of my thoughts on it. Social credits and AI working in unison represent a very realistic hope for the future, and I hope I was able to share some of that optimism in this thread.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't AI's that have been exposed to the internet ended up going full donk

https://futurism.com/delphi-ai-ethics-racist
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 104 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11