BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBT

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

rus2018
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 21:02 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: CBT Reply with quote

Hello, im new here and basically wanted to ask you if you could give me an advice about my cbt that i have gone to couple of days ago(uk), basically what happened is i was going through my cbt and its was going ok at the start but then insturctor asked me if i wanted to change my manual bike to an automatic becasue i was struggling a bit with clutch unfortunattely, so i aggreed, then she brought the auto moped 50cc and rear break was really squeking so i got on it and its was sort of ok becasue i didnt really notice anything becasue we were training at low speed but after an while i noticed that rear break is bit loose and moped didnt really break when i presed break, i have mentioned that to intructor she looked at me weirdly and said that its ok, but i didnt feel that way, so then i continued anyway, after some time we decided to go (on road training) she asked people how we all feeling to go on road everyone said ok and we went, i was leading the way and going at comfortable for me speed not above 30mph and there was no traffic, i didnt want to go faster becasue im new and still bit worried, but instructor said to go up to 30mph so i did, then there was a sigh 50mph and straight road so i went up to 45mph which was ok, but then suddently there was a roundabout at sharp bend.... so what happened is that i pressed front and back breakes but rear break barely worked and i wasnt slowing down quickly enough so i hit the curb and went flying on the roundabout Sad, fuel was leaking from moped i switched it off and was ok dont worry aha, instructor said that she cant continue by cbt as she dont know if i broke a bone or anything like that but still she asked me to ride a moped back to cbt facility, so the question is that i know it not my fault that i fall down and i was driving pretty good but insturctor wrote on the letter like its my fault, so should i just leave it at that and find new cbt place or can i do something to get like a compensation ? sorry for asking but im just worried and bit pissed off, i was looking forward to this day and it ened up like that so -130£ now Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a better school and get someone better to teach you how to safely operate anything before going on the road.

Consider it £130 well spent on learning how you don't want to be taught and on what and at least it was their bike you binned and not yours.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:21 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couldn't be bothered with the whole wall of text but....

If you can't lock up the rear wheel the back brake doesn't work.

All your stopping is done by the.front brake.

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:49 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got up to 45mph on a 50cc ped?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Keithy
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 22:09 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if the rear brake was faulty the front would be sufficient to slow you from 45mph to a reasonable speed to negotiate a roundabout, which will also have had road signs to tell you that you were approaching it.

The fact that you were switched from a manual to an auto says that you were struggling with the controls already.

Don’t worry about it, you just need more time to get used to everything.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:12 - 17 Aug 2021    Post subject: Re: CBT Reply with quote

Fixed it for you...

[tl;dr poor obs and lack of wiper]

Hello, im new here and basically wanted to ask you if you could give me an advice about my cbt that i have gone to couple of days ago(uk),

basically what happened is i was going through my cbt and its was going ok at the start but then insturctor asked me if i wanted to change my manual bike to an automatic becasue i was struggling a bit with clutch unfortunattely, so i aggreed,

then she brought the auto moped 50cc and rear break was really squeking so i got on it and its was sort of ok becasue i didnt really notice anything becasue we were training at low speed but after an while i noticed that rear break is bit loose and moped didnt really break when i presed break,

i have mentioned that to intructor she looked at me weirdly and said that its ok, but i didnt feel that way, so then i continued anyway, after some time we decided to go (on road training) she asked people how we all feeling to go on road everyone said ok and we went,

i was leading the way and going at comfortable for me speed not above 30mph and there was no traffic, i didnt want to go faster becasue im new and still bit worried, but instructor said to go up to 30mph so i did, then there was a sigh 50mph and straight road so i went up to 45mph which was ok, but then suddently there was a roundabout at sharp bend....

so what happened is that i pressed front and back breakes but rear break barely worked and i wasnt slowing down quickly enough so i hit the curb and went flying on the roundabout Sad,

fuel was leaking from moped i switched it off and was ok dont worry aha, instructor said that she cant continue by cbt as she dont know if i broke a bone or anything like that but still she asked me to ride a moped back to cbt facility,

so the question is that i know it not my fault that i fall down and i was driving pretty good but insturctor wrote on the letter like its my fault, so should i just leave it at that and find new cbt place or can i do something to get like a compensation ?

sorry for asking but im just worried and bit pissed off, i was looking forward to this day and it ened up like that so -130£ now Sad

Rain

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:42 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a PM 'Thanks but I was scared that if I press fully front break I would flip over at that speed plus instructor said that I need to press both breaks to fully and safely stop and there was a car in front and a sharp bend, but thanks for reply I appreciate:)'

You'd be surprised how much braking effort you can use on the front before the bike will start to lift the back wheel.

First the suspension has to be fully compressed and only then is there any chance of the bike lifting the wheel.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a trolling thread?! 50cc bikes are limited to 28mph and even de-restricted the 4-stroke ones can't manage >40mph.

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:

That was exactly what I was thinking, aren't 50cc peds limited to a shit speed anyway?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 18 Aug 2021    Post subject: Re: CBT Reply with quote

rus2018 wrote:
Hello

Can't be arsed to read the detail in that wall-of-text, but I get the impression that this is neither news nor rumour.

So my answer to the OP is:

Try posting again, but:

1) put it in the right section (New Bikers?)
2) add some spacing and punctuation

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 18 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost interest when you used “break” more than once, and CBA to make it readable.
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 257 days between these two posts...

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 17:23 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:

Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:30 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in the day, if it could be moved with pedals it was a moped and weren't restricted on power.

My mate bought one of these in about '88 (it was really old then) and it fucking shifted.

https://classic-motorbikes.net/suzuki-ap50-road-test/

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

An unrestricted Kymco ZX50 could also do 45mph.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are we bumping this sh!t

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:47 - 03 Jun 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spammer that got the stinkwheel glove job did it originally.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 298 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1