Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Anybody own a bmw f800st or able to help.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

j4ffa
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 15:50 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Anybody own a bmw f800st or able to help. Reply with quote

Hey, so my brother is having abit of an issue with his BMW f800st when it gets warm the engine just cuts out. Riding along and it just dies in gear to rear wheel locks up.

Does anyone know how to fix I have had a look online and apparently it's a common issue on them bikes just finding out which part maybe wrong?

I'm just trying to help as atm every bike he gets his having issues with and well I know how much it's annoying/upsetting him as he wanted this bike to be hassle free and not have to spend money on a bike he has just got.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:11 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT coil failure.

As it gets warm it fails, when its cooled down again, it starts to work again.

Skudd
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:18 - 02 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Useful parts diagrams

https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select

Very useful parts people (second hand parts or alternative parts too)

https://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Home/index.php
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TaffyTDM
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 19:15 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was/is a recall for a condition that leads to stall changing up from 5th to 6th (generally) , has he checked theyve been done?
Another common issue is not under load, but happens coming to a stop after a long fast run, something about the ECU changing the mix for efficiency but overegging it and not switching back quick enough. Previous owner of my f800s had something called a booster plug fitted to overcome this and I've never had an issue

www.boosterplug.com according to the paperwork he gave me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 19:18 - 03 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking into getting one of these and reading up on various issues.

You will get better help regarding these bikes specifically here https://f800riders.org/forum/forum.php

j4ffa
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update.

He got onto the person he got it off and they told him to bring it back and they will take it to bmw to get it sorted.

They believe its a vacuum pipe as apparently the pipe is too long so when you go from kinda full throttle and drop down its closing the pipe which is restricting fuel.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:41 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno.

When you've got fuel starvation the engine sputters and lurches before stopping, doesn't it? Gives you time to grab the clutch and put it in neutral, and not lock up the rear wheel.

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:40 - 04 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:
There was/is a recall for a condition that leads to stall changing up from 5th to 6th (generally) , has he checked theyve been done?
Another common issue is not under load, but happens coming to a stop after a long fast run, something about the ECU changing the mix for efficiency but overegging it and not switching back quick enough. Previous owner of my f800s had something called a booster plug fitted to overcome this and I've never had an issue

www.boosterplug.com according to the paperwork he gave me

Sounds like one of those dodgy boxes you throw onto a diesel to fool the ECU into thinking the fuel rail pressure is higher/lower than what it actually is to get more fuel injected. Looks like that one just fucks with the AIT sensor instead.

j4ffa
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 14:51 - 07 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
I dunno.

When you've got fuel starvation the engine sputters and lurches before stopping, doesn't it? Gives you time to grab the clutch and put it in neutral, and not lock up the rear wheel.

It only locked up the rear wheel as he didnt know the engine died and with it being in gear and then dieing it locked the rear wheel up then he would pull the clutch in. But still when it happens its a ohh f moment.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 231 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1