Insurance for UK newcomer

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ayrton
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:47 - 08 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
I have been told (have no idea how true it is) that if you do multiple searches changing the parameters not to do it under your own contact details because it flags up and makes the quotes more expensive.

As I said, I have absolutely no knowledge on the truth of this but I certainly wouldn't out it past them and it's no great shakes to make up a persona.

Some insurance companies do stop quoting if you do too many quotes with different details. I had it happen to me once on a comparison site and last time I bought a policy with Bikesure they called me up and asked why I did another quote with more annual mileage Laughing I don't think they would ever increase the price because of it, they would just assume you are trying to be fraudulent and stop quoting. I still play with the figures a little, but you have to remember the details still have to be accurate so there is only so much you can change.

Prawny
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 10:15 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age of the bike makes a huge difference, I was looking at nearly new bikes when I passed my test in the spring and it was quoting £450-500 for everything about 600-800cc. Got an older ER6 (58 plate) and it was £150 comp with 2 years ncd from my CBT years.

So if you want to save money I’d say get an older bike for a year or two until you’ve got some ncd then it will be cheap as chips.

iacchi
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 10:42 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm getting one from 2016, so I think that's ok on in this regard. Anyway, I'm going to buy the bike tomorrow. While tweaking all the parameters of the quote I managed to reach 543 pounds at Bennetts, which is still high but I guess lower than the 700 I was starting with at the beginning of my search. I also tried to call them, but all the phone operator could say was that they make the price based on risk assessment and she can't do anything about it.

Last edited by iacchi on 11:58 - 10 Sep 2021; edited 1 time in total

BRUN
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:50 - 10 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds ok for first year, probably be half that next year
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 219 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2