Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SV1000S, 2005, 33,226 miles £2000 for BCF

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories
View previous topic : View next topic  

Irezumi
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 12:09 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: [FOR SALE]SV1000S, 2005, 33,226 miles £2000 for BCF Reply with quote

Looking to free up some space and something has to go so the SV is up for sale. Mechanically spot on bike, cosmetically good for age. Bike is on an 05 plate however is a 2003 model, mileage may increase slightly.

I've had the bike for two years, very reliable and good bike that's capable of most things but I prefer more upright naked bikes hence sale. I have only covered approx 2000 miles in the time I have had the bike, recently got an MOT (no advisories) which expires in September 2022.

There is a lot of paperwork with the bike including original bill of sale, Service history is stamped in the book until 7259 miles, there is then a gap until 20,090 miles whereby it has been documented in a notepad, I have continued with this in my ownership including valve clearances checked etc.

Bike is mostly standard, comes with braided lines front & rear, Pyramid bubble/tinted screen, front fender extender, rear hugger, Timing Retard Eliminator.

In my time (less than 2000 miles) I have had:
-Fork stanchions rechromed - 17/07/2020
-Rebuilt forks with K-tech bushes and seal, 5w oil - 17/07/2020
-Front & rear sprocket, chain (standard gearing) - 26/07/2020
-Clutch push rod seal - 22/07/2020
-HEL rear braided line - 22/07/2020
-Bridgestone T30 Evo tyres - 26/07/2020
-New battery - 28/09/2020 (Yuasa)
-Oil, oil filter, spark plug change - air filter cleaned and re-oiled (K&N) - 13/03/2021
-valve clearances checked (4 shims changed) - 17/05/2021
-coolant flush and change - 17/05/2021
-front brake seals replaced, callipers painted, brakes bled - (forgot to document date, was around same time as valve clearances, but have receipts and you can inspect brakes)

As can be seen, mechanically this bike is good to go and needs nothing.

There are however a few small marks which I have tried to photograph and some paint chips on the front wheel. The small crease on LHS of tank and red mark on front fairing are where I messed up putting it on the paddock stand once and it fell sideways onto workbench/front paddock stand. There are a few marks elsewhere which I have tried to show and paint flaking off the engine and oil cooler which is expected for a bike of this age, just me being quite picky and wanting to be clear for next owner.

Bike is kept garaged and under cover, located in SE London just off A2. Test rides only with full cash deposit and proof of insurance. If you want any further info or pictures please let me know.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/files/20211004_095834556.jpg
All photos can be seen here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/EGJYZ7uxSigLYB4b6
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 176 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Bikes & Accessories All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1