BCF: Bike Chat Forums

gofundme

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter
View previous topic : View next topic  

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:56 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: gofundme Reply with quote

being as begging has become trendy amongst the entitled, im jumping on the bandwagon before i miss the opportunity.

i think i deserve to be funded by strangers, rather than having to work for my playthings (work is so boring and time consuming).

my parents taught me to work and put money aside, and to save/go without, if i wanted something, but obviously, they were just old fashioned and outdated.

can someone please set up a gofundme for me and keep me updated, because i really need some new distractions.

oh, and if you dont contribute to my cause, and also share it with everyone you know after reading these words, an ancient curse will cause you much suffering.

thank you in advance Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Chinaboy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:49 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started one because I had no other choice. Some people need to raise funds when there are no other options.

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:08 - 20 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chinaboy wrote:
I started one because I had no other choice. Some people need to raise funds when there are no other options.

this was written after someone joined here and asked us to buy his dad a new bike because he couldnt ride his old one properly and wrote it off.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 21 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.insider.com/61088095c31de7001849e5ea?width=700

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:37 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: id have to be desperate Reply with quote

I lost my job which meant I had to cancel my pet insurance for my now gang of basset hounds, i rescued another two despite threats of divorce from hubby who obviously wasnt serious as hes still here moaning about slobber and dog hair in and on everything.
Anyhoo, i am working again and have saved several hundred pounds to get yet another fatty benign tumour removed from my big lad but if something really bad happened I'd even go on the streets with a begging placard. I no longer trust the vet I was using as he ripped me off big time. Insurance have almost doubled the quotes from what i was paying so it sort of makes sense to put the money aside as it was over 180 per month in total.
so anyway I digress which is what long term members will no doubt remember me for but yes id crowdfund for my dogs.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:48 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear BCF and the whole population of the world.
I feel that it’s unfair to use my savings/income to fund a lifestyle beyond my means.
At this time, I’m without a jet-ski or a sports car Crying or Very sad .

You ALL need to crowd fund me to enable me live the lifestyle I feel I’m entitled to.
Those of you that fail to donate are obviously right wing uncaring racist fascists .

Lots of love Pepperami Thumbs Up

Blah blah
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 15:59 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having 2 Ducatis and a Cagiva Mito to support, I find that I don't have enough left for the important things in life (coke and hookers).

As you can imagine, it can cost a lot to keep on top of them all, so please give generously

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:00 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps' annual post alert

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:13 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a gofundme several years ago where someone was taking the bike test, then going straight into Enduro Africa to build a school out there. It all sounded lovely except you were being asked to contribute to the flight and other expenses so the recipient could have a part-funded adventure holiday. The draw was that it would culminate in the assembly of a shack because despite living in Africa for eons the people there supposedly cannot put up a roof (or fetch/purify water, build a windmill, irrigate a field… [choose your ‘favourite’ Western World lucrative ‘cheridee’ vanity project]).

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:13 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear The Public, can I have more please?

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:44 - 04 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

oi stop jumping on my band waggon Razz

scorps
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:27 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Im a support worker now, underpaid working horrendous hours and dead on my feet, and this computer is still windows 7, I need to up my game dont I. Embarassed

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:18 - 16 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

scorps wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Im a support worker now, underpaid working horrendous hours and dead on my feet, and this computer is still windows 7, I need to up my game dont I. Embarassed

7 is the best version as far as im concerned.
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:20 - 18 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
to v or not to v wrote:

7 is the best version as far as im concerned.

Other than things stopping working due to lack of TLS1.2 support.

You might be OK for now, but gradually you’ll notice certain email types and websites stop working as the security protocol built into it is rapidly becoming unsupported.

Exchange email in Outlook is hard work now if the servers are 2016 or newer and updated.

You'd be wrong about both of those too. No EOL has been announced for TLS 1.2 and it's still widely used and supported. Laughing

Strange that our corporate email works on 1.2 with completely up-to-date Exchange servers on our Azure tenancy... Oh wait, Microsoft are still using and supporting 1.2. Laughing

Anything else you've 'researched' on the net?
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win 7 Sucks in a Wet Fart when compared to Win 10/11.

You need a proper processor to run Win >10.

I've been using PCs for donkey's and I NEVER get PC issues with any MS software.

But if you install a lot of non-OEM shite on a system then you should expect issues.

The Three Ring Circus that I work for phanny with MS OS to 'tailor' it to run their corporate pish.

Continuous problems encountered daily.

Frequent system interruptions for patches.
And some of the equipment on site not man/woman enough to run the applications.

Rant over.

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:02 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
Islander wrote:

You'd be wrong about both of those too. No EOL has been announced for TLS 1.2 and it's still widely used and supported. Laughing

Strange that our corporate email works on 1.2 with completely up-to-date Exchange servers on our Azure tenancy... Oh wait, Microsoft are still using and supporting 1.2. Laughing

Anything else you've 'researched' on the net?

It's TLS1.0 which is EOL, Trigger, not 1.2

You're misunderstanding my point. By lack of support for 1.2, I'm referring to Windows 7, which as standard, does not support TLS1.2, only 1.0 and 1.1. As servers have started refusing connections under TLS1.2, this can cause issues with Windows 7.

Giacom, the UK's largest independent host have rolled out updates to their Exchange 2016 servers, which have resulted in Office 2010, on Windows 7, being unable to remain connected to the server. What version of Exchange server is your single company using?

Even upgrading to Office 2013 or later will only work if you manually update TLS on the Windows 7 client. This involved registry editing and is often beyond your average user.

Has it ever occurred to you that your single work environment, might not be as diverse as mine, covering over 350 PC's across 40 plus companies?

Thank God I don't have to employ narrow minded people like you.

Well, Dumber. Perhaps you should pay more attention to putting what you say into proper context. Would you like some basic English grammar lessons?

It's a trivial matter to upgrade Win 7 to use TLS 1.2 and there are plenty of step-by-step guides out there that even you could follow.

However, with my information security head on, I'd recommend that Scorps ditch Win 7 - not because of the TLS issue but simply because it's been out of support and hence not patched for over 18 months now.

By the way, it's TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 that are EOL, or rather deprecated by the IETF and out of support by the big players -not just TLS 1.0 Laughing

Oh and if we're willy waving, I'm responsible for ensuring and monitoring the security of an estate of over 2,500 client machines, over 150 servers and a very complex and diverse network infrastructure employing multiple technologies. I also sit on various national resilience and contingency groups as well as the local one. I'm very good at my job.

Moron. Laughing

You're sounding more and more like the cretin formerly known as donk every day...

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 19 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
Islander wrote:

Well, Dumber. Perhaps you should pay more attention to putting what you say into proper context. Would you like some basic English grammar lessons?

Sorry, you couldn't grasp the gist of what I was saying. A lot of muppets who think they're IT pro's suffer the same hard of thinking symptoms as you. Rolling Eyes

I didn't put anything in the wrong context, you ASS umed it in the wrong context.

"I slander". .... Laughing

Basic English, donk. Learn it. Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 162 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1