Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

200cc lifan engine. eeevil kickback

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:35 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: 200cc lifan engine. eeevil kickback Reply with quote

Hello. Firstly thanks to those who pointed me in the general direction of where to get bits for siezed up MtxR. And for making sure I didnt put it in the skip. its currently sulking in the spare room.
Soo. as mentioned before I have a "CG" Style engine in the shed on some old dirt bike. turns out after googling the engine code its a 200cc lifan. with a starter motor on it too. (disconected)
Anyway. get it going.. why not. learn along the way... runs to rich. despite whatever I do with needle or carb settings.. horrible jing ke thing.
Biggest problem. roughly every second kick. nasty noise from engine and the kickstart pops back up really violently.. I have had alsorts of bikes over the years.. and never this. my neighbour has come round to return my knee cap.. so I know its not just me. the only thing I can think of is that the starter gets wound up? Like its stuck permenantly engaged?
sounds mad, but maybee some one on here has had the same?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:41 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the ignition timing adjustable?

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 16:51 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: lifan kickback Reply with quote

no its a little black box. tho the bloke who sold me it. thought it was a 125 and had replaced said little box. am wondering if it would make a differance if he got one for a 125 and not a 200.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:09 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Re: lifan kickback Reply with quote

simoncrouch wrote:
no its a little black box. tho the bloke who sold me it. thought it was a 125 and had replaced said little box. am wondering if it would make a differance if he got one for a 125 and not a 200.

A possibility. A function of the CDI is to alter timing for easier starting.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 19:19 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no guarantee that the hall sender isn't in exactly the same position in reference to tdc on the different engines.

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 19:30 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

well theres heaps of compression. thats for sure. when its running its great.tho no matter what I do with fuel air mix, it always seems to be rich. changing the needle position up results in non start. but still think the carb is worn out junk. a few folk swap them out for the mikuni 30mm.
for the sake of a few quid. will get the correct cdi for that engine,just to eliminate that as the cause.
still think that there is something odd going on. doing the valve clearances this morning and said motor does really not like to be turned clockwise at all. that and when it does kick back. am damn sure I can hear the starter spin aswell. odd.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:37 - 11 Aug 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pull the starter motor entirely... see if owt changes.

siMcfixit
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:34 - 19 Sep 2021    Post subject: Honda Mtx125R torque settings for cylinder head and base Reply with quote

progress. got my hands on another mtx and between the two have a complete engine with new piston ect. Tho am having trouble to find the correct Torque settings for the cylinder head.. the best I found was 35ft lbs or 47nm.. just doesnt seem right. I can here everyone screaming MANUAL! yep I am doing the same.
if anyone could verify the correct torque settings that would be great..
the rest of it. a grumpy lifan 200 engine found its way into the spare rolling frame and a separate build from scratch. the kickback problem.. valve gaps. got it sorted much better now. onwards.!!

jeffyjeff
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:53 - 25 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

some engines utilize a method called "torque turn", where you tighten the head to a moderate torque setting, then turn the bolt an additional angle on top of that, say 60 degrees or 90 degrees. My R1150 requires torque-turn method on the flywheel bolts, and I believe that BMW also uses this method on the head bolts as well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 211 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1