Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK jobs, fuel shortgages etc. Brexit dividents?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:06 - 26 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

When bird flu kills all the meat eaters the Vegans will be laughing though.

They'll be the first to go, out rescuing sick shite hawks, hugging birdshit encrusted trees and refusing vaccines.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:52 - 26 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:
When bird flu kills all the meat eaters the Vegans will be laughing though.

How's that work? The vegans would be dead too.

They (`spurts) that it's by eating infected birds that it transfers.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 26 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The irony is, being Vegan, they won't be eating eggs and as any self respecting tin-foil hat wearing conspiracy theorist knows eating eggs is a good source of protection against viruses... that's why the WEF engineered a shortage Shocked

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:26 - 26 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
A friend of mine who lives between here and Spain said a lot of farmers she works with have mothballed their greenhouses because of the high fuel prices. So possibly a straight-up supply issue too.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Supply issue eh? Or the weather?

Tomatoes in Kramatorsk, 25 miles from the foking frontline in Bakhmut.

https://i.imgur.com/I0w0LIX.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 00:14 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
A friend of mine who lives between here and Spain said a lot of farmers she works with have mothballed their greenhouses because of the high fuel prices. So possibly a straight-up supply issue too.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Supply issue eh? Or the weather?

Tomatoes in Kramatorsk, 25 miles from the foking frontline in Bakhmut.

https://i.imgur.com/I0w0LIX.jpg

Well, there's tomatoes in the coop, spar and lidl 2 miles from my house too. I've not seen any shortage. Didn't buy any, I tend not to buy fresh tomatoes this time of year because they are hard and flavourless when grown in glasshouses or transported unripe over long distances. Tinned ones are better for you anyway and were harvested ripe.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:20 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sums Val up, laughing off facts Rolling Eyes

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 27 Feb 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only shortages seem to be at places that wont pay for the cost of food ie supermarkets

Seeing as remainers are mostly well off, they wont be going to LIDL and Aldi which doesn't seem to have any shortages, yet pays a fair price for their produce

Wont be the last of it either, taking land out of crop production for tree planting and solar panels only means a strong reliance on imports, if they wish to send here
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Brexit benefit waiting 15 hours at Dover Laughing
https://wp.inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/SEI_150611628.jpg

Quote:
The Port of Dover and DFDS Ferry services said Brexit is behind the long delays.

A DFDS spokesperson said the need for more passport checks post-Brexit was causing the issue.

“There are increased checks that need to be completed since Brexit, with each passport needing to be stam

Wait until end of this year biometrics check get in place how much time you think will be needed to get fingerprints and face biometrics from a bus full with students?

Quote:
The Entry/Exit System was due to be introduced in late May, having already been pushed back from last year.

A new timetable will aim to have the technology in place by the end of 2023.

Under the scheme people entering the bloc from non-EU countries - including the UK - will need to register fingerprints and a photo with their passport details.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, look at their poor little shell-shocked faces.
Laughing

https://i.postimg.cc/d1KH7vgN/A4-B08458-3-EE6-43-BC-8-DDC-E46-EF1-E8-BD20.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 21:47 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it's all Brexit and not France being all belligerant and strikey then?

Is a similar thing happening at the non-France channel ports? Because I'd imagine if it was all due to Brexit, Rotterdam and Santander crossings would be affected too.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Is a similar thing happening at the non-France channel ports? Because I'd imagine if it was all due to Brexit, Rotterdam and Santander crossings would be affected too.

Please don't let sensible statements get in the way of Vals narrative.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:36 - 02 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering traffic volumes are probably higher than ever it's just what happens on busy weekends it is nothing new.
The French love picking busy weekends to have a go slow too.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36877177
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:28 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think back in the days when we were part of the Euroverse if Frenchie was on strike it was even easier to get waved through.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:44 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

There are no buses crossing to Rotterdam and Santander means there are no 50 passports to be stamped there.

Apparently you know more about Brexit transport issues than the CEO of Dover Laughing

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 08:05 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

There are no buses crossing to Rotterdam and Santander means there are no 50 passports to be stamped there.

Apparently you know more about Brexit transport issues than the CEO of Dover Laughing

No, but I imagine they have a similar pro-rata increase in tourist traffic during the school holidays.

I probably have a different political agenda to the CEO of Dover Port and it's not my job on the line if I can't shift the blame away from myself.

The problem is not enough Frenchies to stamp passports. Given none of these busses turned up without having booked tickets a long way in advance and as such, the throughput was easily predictable. I can only conclude that either the management were incompetant in arranging their staffing levels or the staff are being all belligerant and strikey. Probably a combination of the two.

I'll give you that they needed more staff because of Brexit but Brexit is not the reason they were insufficiently staffed.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 08:18 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not hearing about massive delays at the tunnel, but there again it's not affected by the weather....

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:23 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

After that resentful Remain rag kept banging on about it to port authorities who were pointing to the weather and a surge in coaches, the port spokesman sighed and said, “Brexit may be a factor.” Stop the press!

Apparently the weekend backlog has now been cleared, which even the Independent couldn’t deny.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we were all suffering from a veg shortage still, or has brexit successfully sorted that issue above the bad weather and inflation of core commodities across the world
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
I thought we were all suffering from a veg shortage still, or has brexit successfully sorted that issue above the bad weather and inflation of core commodities across the world

Val will be along in a minute to blame the bad weather (in Spain, Morocco or the Channel) on Brexit.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:39 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get back on topic, wasn't the main Brexit dividend meant to be an end to the recession in the value of blue coller labour? A return to some kind of affluence for the ordinary worker? How's that going?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:49 - 03 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
To get back on topic, wasn't the main Brexit dividend meant to be an end to the recession in the value of blue coller labour? A return to some kind of affluence for the ordinary worker? How's that going?

Well there's deffo a labour shortage, just waiting on greedy bastard firms to pass the money back along the supply line or they'll have to fold

Unfortunately a Retarded war in Ukraine and the Whole Corona debacle means it's been on hold

Government is years behind though, might take a few different ones of Lab/ tory to catch up
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 22:09 - 19 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

So. Anyone else listen to the PM program on Radio 4 today where they bought a basket of the same goods in Lidl in the UK and Germany?

Came in nearly twice as expensive in Germany...

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:56 - 20 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
So. Anyone else listen to the PM program on Radio 4 today where they bought a basket of the same goods in Lidl in the UK and Germany?

Came in nearly twice as expensive in Germany...

Crazy really considering the amount of land we're taking out of cropping each year for Housing / tree planting

But then, Germanys got laws like banning most HGV's driving on a Sunday and it all comes with a cost
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:52 - 20 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

It probably all balances up somewhere when put against wages and other costs. I think the difference between us and Germany is when they build (insert anything) they do it because its a good idea and necessary and make sure it serves it's purpose, where here things only happen because some mate of the Tory party makes a fat profit and gets to buy another yacht to get pished on.

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:55 - 20 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
The problem is not enough Frenchies to stamp passports. .

Too busy running away from Germans, blocking roads in their tractors, shitting in the streets, or retiring at like 26.

To quote from that news article Doggone posted
"Police said the weekend's disruption was caused by the large volume of holiday traffic and increased checks at the border following recent terror attacks in France."

So they didn't mention Brexit, but some snack. That's lacist
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 1 year, 4 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 7 of 12