Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK jobs, fuel shortgages etc. Brexit dividents?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 09:20 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

People in Trowbridge and surrounding area were reporting millions of people queuing on Friday and Saturday and filling jerry cans up, and no petrol or diesel left on Sunday.....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:41 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

One good thing about fuel shortages, it's cured covid. It must have as it's not on the news anymore. Dance!

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:51 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/miJ8Fwo.jpg

Good luck with Brexit new bright future Mr. Green

Are you wearing Adidas track suit with flip flops? Is that a rental car? Razz

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:09 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:10 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

The Co-op at Mytholmroyd didn't have any yesterday.

What time was this, I would have passed after 3pm and people were filling up.

The BP Garage at Sowerby too (tbf, that had a £30 limit)

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:20 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What time was this, I would have passed after 3pm and people were filling up.

For a period of 12 hours, according to staff. Don't know which 12 hours though... It is a bit of a bugger!

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:45 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You couldn't make that up: UK reporters complaining that Polish drivers in Poland do not speak good enough English to be interviewed.

What about having a reporter that know Polish?

https://i.imgur.com/ryhe8Jh.png

Also the reply of the EU lorry drivers:
Quote:

EU lorry drivers union says on #r4today “we will not go back to #England to help them get out of the shit they created themselves”. Yes he said shit.

Who would have thought that eh? Me...

Laughing Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Val wrote:

Good luck with Brexit new bright future Mr. Green

I am actually wearing Lonsdale tracksuit with Adidas flip flops.

What do you wear on your Sunday trip to the local petrol stration suit Armani?

No the car is not a rental it has a custom plate 665J: my dog is called Jimmy and we are 665 "the neigbours of the beast" Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:18 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
You couldn't make that up: UK reporters complaining that Polish drivers in Poland do not speak good enough English to be interviewed.

What about having a reporter that know Polish

Polish are a Back-Woods nation of failed communists that now want to be seen as Westerners.

British (and many other Europeans) speak a popular international language called English.

People who wish to be accepted as Westerners, learn English, they dont expect Westerners to learn that Acrylics gibberish that the Former Soviet proletarian grunt in. Rolling Eyes

It's not Rocket Surgery.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:39 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Who would have thought that eh? Me...

Dutch. Not EU.

EU've all go problems with this shit so you feel free to kid yourself it's all gravy if you like.

The reality is that Europe is just as fcuked as the UK with this.

Best we don't talk about the poor French and Gazprom eh

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still wondering why Val cares what happens in this backwater isle Thinking

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:21 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a question... do you want more left hand drive lorries on the roads or do you want there to be more right hand drive lorries on the roads?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:25 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Here's a question... do you want more left hand drive lorries on the roads or do you want there to be more right hand drive lorries on the roads?

Foreign artic lorry drivers on roundabouts zre as frightening as women in dented people carriers on the school run.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:35 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
I am actually wearing Lonsdale tracksuit with Adidas flip flops.

What do you wear on your Sunday trip to the local petrol stration suit Armani?

No the car is not a rental it has a custom plate 665J: my dog is called Jimmy and we are 665 "the neigbours of the beast" Laughing

https://www.rouming.cz/archived/When_I_see_some_repost.jpg

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:39 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Still wondering why Val cares what happens in this backwater isle Thinking

Resentment at his being wrong all the time. Laughing

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:36 - 27 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

And my boxer is happy too:

That's not joy mate, that's embarrassment at being out in that shitbox with a window down so that folk can see him.

Poor dog.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:19 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw some french guy from a french logistics company on the Beeb saying its not brexit its lack of investment in the workforce.

It's not just lorry driving though is it?, It's any working class job, retail, agriculture, social care or any service sector work. The UK has neglected taking any interest in anybody outside of degree program middle class careers for decades and this is the result. Just relying on importing cheap labour from Europe has been and was predicted to be a disaster, its like relying on your neighbour for sugar in your tea, one day there wont be any.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:26 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

It's not just lorry driving though is it?, It's any working class job, retail, agriculture, social care or any service sector work. The UK has neglected taking any interest in anybody outside of degree program middle class careers for decades and this is the result. Just relying on importing cheap labour from Europe has been and was predicted to be a disaster, its like relying on your neighbour for sugar in your tea, one day there wont be any.

Have to agree with this, at least with the Construction industry. The large construction firms were pushing hard against Brexit because their business model relies on Eastern European labourers happy to live on minimum wage and not asking too many questions regarding working conditions, training and sick leave.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:26 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Ribenapigeon wrote:

Have to agree with this, at least with the Construction industry. The large construction firms were pushing hard against Brexit because their business model relies on Eastern European labourers happy to live on minimum wage and not asking too many questions regarding working conditions, training and sick leave.

It's been the same in the shipping industry for decades. Get cheap foreign labour. It started with crews, Hong Kong Chinese, India and Philippines taking over from Brit crews and then to officers, cheaper Indians and Eastern Europeans keeping a token gesture of Brits as a face saver. Many time I have been the only Brit on a ship. Now we have hardly anyone going through the industry when 50 years ago we had one of the biggest fleets and amounts of seafarers in the world.

Globalisation sucks.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:12 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, there was an argument that said because we live in a global society, to pull back from it before we are ready could cause us problems... Rolling Eyes

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:43 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globalisation makes stuff cheaper and more convenient, available, to those for whom the price of a product/service is the deciding factor, in other words for the majority of people. We just got too spoiled to pay extra for a product/service made/done by ''our people'' in ''our country''.

Also, and this might be specific to Slavic countries, many of the blue collar families raise white collar workers, suited for clean office jobs.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:10 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
Globalisation makes stuff cheaper and more convenient, available, to those for whom the price of a product/service is the deciding factor, in other words for the majority of people. We just got too spoiled to pay extra for a product/service made/done by ''our people'' in ''our country''.

Also, and this might be specific to Slavic countries, many of the blue collar families raise white collar workers, suited for clean office jobs.

On globalisation, im happy to going back to having to save up for a new telly but having a better paid more secure working situation and thats the thing people need to get their heads round.

Your second point, this is what happened in the UK in the eighties and nineties, there was an impression it was the white coller workers who survived the recession in the eighties so an obsession developed around getting into those kind of jobs. This is one of the driving forces behind the neglect of the blue coller workers.

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 28 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Globalisation opens the door for companies to switch manufacturing to countries with the most corruption, worst human rights and working conditions and the fewest environmental controls.

Good for business, not so good for everyone else. I'm looking at you Triumph.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just found the Brexit divident. It is minus £800m per week and counting

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-vote-cost-trade-eu-b1843018.html

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:30 - 27 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The paycheck from Putin came in then?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 143 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 2 of 12