Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

UK jobs, fuel shortgages etc. Brexit dividents?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I have to ask is everything fine there people? How the Brexit benefits are going on?

Plenty of peppers here I can arrange some to be send there if the things get desperate Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/7Mrafgc.png

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/morrisons-introduce-pepper-rationing-food-shortage/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:00 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake news, they couldn't even be bothered to get a stock photo of Morrisons (the pictures are from Tesco.)

"I went to the shops and not every product I might want to buy on a whim was available!" does not constitute the apocalypse.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:40 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did brexit affect the weather
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

SausageBhoy
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:04 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no idea there were shortages until the news said. But now the news has said, I guess there'll be three months supplies in peoples freezers....

Bought three at Tesco yesterday with no issues and bought some in Aldi on Tuesday too.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:14 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

And once again, I havea few in the fridge so they can't be that scarce.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trouble with all this is, if there ever is an issue with shortages, it's most likely a paperwork issue , and that's because the EU loves paperwork and Bureaucracy , one of the reasons people wanted to leave

So when this happens, the people still banging on about leaving have to admit that there is indeed paperwork galore from the EU, so stop Cherry picking and say it how it is , there was plenty of opportunity, whilst in the EU to reform it so they didn't have a paperwork Fetish, they never did so that's why we're here.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:46 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buuuut....

They have to do a load of paperwork that they didn't need to do prior to Brexit....

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Val, it costs less to buy the same items from Lidl UK than Lidl Germany. Isn;t that wonderful for little old Brexit us.

A LIDL FOR LESS British Lidl shoppers pay less for their groceries than those using the supermarket in its native Germany

It's by the Sun so must be true Laughing

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/4342329/british-lidl-shoppers-pay-less-germany-lower-prices/

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:52 - 23 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
But Val, it costs less to buy the same items from Lidl UK than Lidl Germany. Isn;t that wonderful for little old Brexit us.

A LIDL FOR LESS British Lidl shoppers pay less for their groceries than those using the supermarket in its native Germany

https://www.thesun.co.uk/money/4342329/british-lidl-shoppers-pay-less-germany-lower-prices/

"It's by the Sun so must be true Laughing "

Dat tru dat. Laughing

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:27 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Buuuut....

They have to do a load of paperwork that they didn't need to do prior to Brexit....

Single windows been banded about for years, along with TIR , getting things delivered cheaper in to the Single market rather than letting it mount up at the border along with inflation seems the kind of thing politicians should be dealing with

Nothing seems to get done anymore
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Nute
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 18:14 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

"It's by the Sun so must be true Laughing "

Dat tru dat. Laughing

But it was also true whilst we were in the EU.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:30 - 24 Apr 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Buuuut....

Single windows been banded about for years, along with TIR , getting things delivered cheaper in to the Single market rather than letting it mount up at the border along with inflation seems the kind of thing politicians should be dealing with

Nothing seems to get done anymore

All the Brexiteers were climbing over each other and would jump at the chance to glass anyone who though staying within the EU was better than being out on our own.

The Brexiteers said, the EU was the problem.

The EU said, the UK was the problem.

I see there were a lot of WTFITs (who the fuk is that) Euro MPs.

WTF were our EMPs 'busy' with, whilst on a handsome expenses package inc. Biz Class travel to and fro? (I think Biz to Bruxells is not much short of £2500. Econ £200)
Plus Hotels and I don't think they would consider Travelodge when Joe British Tax Payer is footing their un-audited bill.

We are now on our uppers in the UK.

We have no meaningful political craft withing any of the parties.

And no trading partners that are worth keeping in with.

Withing 5 years we will be getting aid from charities. If it is safe enough for their people to come in whilst a civil war is raging. (Hamilton Accies against the Punjabi Mafioso. White people will not have any vote once Sharia law has been invoked.)

bhinso
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 03 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean every time something goes wrong, Val is going to put a post up blaming it on Brexit.

I expect the Sudan conflict is all our fault too (Srsly)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:
Does this mean every time something goes wrong, Val is going to put a post up blaming it on Brexit.

He's the Remainers Farage , not had a shortage in a while
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhinso wrote:

It's one of those paradox things.

Saying that Brexit is not responsible for the s4it storm in Sudan is racist.
Denying Brexit is responsible for the s4it storm in Sudan is also racist.

I have appied a dollop of Critical Race Theory.

And Brexit is responsible for CRT too.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 04 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave001 wrote:
biggest problem was caused by printing 700billion during covid

You are mistaken, sir, all the current financial problems are down to greedy plebs not accepting their place is to be poor.

The Bank of England is wrong again: workers aren’t to blame for inflation

Hopeless Bank of England boss puts the Pill in pillock – he’s wrong to blame ordinary people

When both the Guardian and The Sun are slating you, you done fucked up.
dave001 This post is not being displayed because the poster is banned. Unhide this post / all posts.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 04:16 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
dave001 wrote:
biggest problem was caused by printing 700billion during covid

You are mistaken, sir, all the current financial problems are down to greedy plebs not accepting their place is to be poor.

The Bank of England is wrong again: workers aren’t to blame for inflation

Hopeless Bank of England boss puts the Pill in pillock – he’s wrong to blame ordinary people

When both the Guardian and The Sun are slating you, you done fucked up.

Of course a pinch of salt with one's meal should be considered.

Britain is still reeling from the effects of WWI.
We never started the fite but through loyalty to obligations we had to become involved.
It bankrupt Britain and meant Britain lost all of its offshore investments across the globe.
We were still paying into that when some idiots kicked off another WW.
I read somewhere that Britain only recently completed payments to the US on the loans they gave us to fite the war.

Some people complain about immigrants taking our jobs.

I have always been more aware of foreign 'investors' taking our jobs.

They are not in the business in Britain as a philanthropic benefactor.
They see profit and take the lions share.
Expecially the dot coms. Lured into the European business market by promises of near zero corporate tax.

A Kuntry needs to tax its subjects in order to be stable.
If a kuntry gives that ability away then the kuntry will bleed £££ continuously.

The Bank of Hengland thing is interesting, advice and control coming from an industry that feked off with everything in the cookie jar not much more than two decades ago.
They took so much out of the fund that even their own companies failed.
Then..... as if things weren't shocking enough... none of the crooks went to jail and they even managed a performance bonus out of it all too.

So yeah, we should all pay attention to politicians and bankers. (The politicians gave banks freedom whilst screwing down the proletariat.)

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:18 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't it the chap in charge of Barclays for a while who had no 'proper' financial qualifications at all?

Raffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:27 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:
Wasn't it the chap in charge of Barclays for a while who had no 'proper' financial qualifications at all?

You may be thinking of The Crystal Methodist

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:53 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raffles wrote:
UncleFester wrote:

You may be thinking of The Crystal Methodist

Think i was just getting confused with who was in which scandal - https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/nov/01/discredit-history-10-years-of-barclays-scandals

Barclays one of the worst i'd say

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:06 - 05 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleFester wrote:

Barclays one of the worst i'd say

and lets not forget HSBC who launder money for drug cartels.

at the end of the day, modern banking is now just legalised crime.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:34 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect a lot of Brexit benefits from next year when the actual post Brexit rules come into force.

Vauxhall owner Stellantis is warning of “significant job losses” if the UK's Brexit deal with the EU is not amended.

Quote:
Stellantis (STLAM.MI), the world's No. 3 carmaker by sales and owner of 14 brands including Vauxhall, Peugeot, Citroen and Fiat told lawmakers that under the current deal it would face tariffs when exporting electric vans to Europe from next year, when tougher post-Brexit rules come into force.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos-transportation/stellantis-says-uk-needs-change-brexit-deal-bbc-2023-05-16/

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:07 - 21 May 2023    Post subject: Reply with quote

Expect a load of whining and snivelling from Remoaners next year when the UK fails to sink into the sea.
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13