Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sarah Everard murderer given whole-life sentence

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:00 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Sarah Everard murderer given whole-life sentence Reply with quote

In other words he will never be freed, ever.

Anyone who knows me knows I'mm all for stiffer sentencing and personally couldn't give a flying if he dies in jail....

but

Is this political or justice. He was a cop, yes, he murdered a young woman, yes, but there have been other people who have done things just as bad and got parole later on in life. FFS, they were even talking about paroling Myra Hindley and it was only the media and publicity that stopped that.

I'm sure I could dig out some pretty vicious people that have got parole after crimes that disgusted the country yet this person is straight off give life with no parole.

It doesn't strike me as justice, more a sop to the masses. Am I wrong here here?

This is purely a philosophical discussion. As I said, In reality he can rot there and I'm not bothered in the slightest.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-58747614

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's the abuse of power (flashing of the warrant card) and loss of trust in an institution. The former I understand but the later went in the bin when they started policing along ideological lines.

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
I think it's the abuse of power (flashing of the warrant card) and loss of trust in an institution. The former I understand but the later went in the bin when they started policing along ideological lines.

I'd go with that. I can see why you'd think it, though.

I think sentencing is always pretty hard on the crim when it's an abuse of position of trust.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:33 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. It's the most we can give him.
It's not right that he "only" gets that.

The public have to be able to trust the police not to kill them
(yes, even I am shocked at the naivete of that statement Laughing )
and especially women because fuck the anti-patriarchy crowd.

I'm not one for capital punishment.
But I think there could be some consideration given to some crimes attracting a rock-breakingly unpleasant kind of life-sentence.
Or prison-ships at the very least. Mad

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:04 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the pile-in to undermine confidence cracks on:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58754182

Racial minority card ticked. Ovaries box ticked.

Quote:
"What happens is that male police officers will then close ranks and the fear that most women police officers have got is that when you are calling for help, you press that emergency button or your radio, they're not going to turn up and you're going to get kicked in in the street.

What a mess.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Weisse Schlange
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 23:15 - 30 Sep 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm

I'm not arsed if he dies tomorrow, but I'm kinda against this for the same reasons I don't agree with extra punishment for cop killers.

They are simply members of the public that get paid for upholding the law (something that is incumbent on every member of public by the way )

But hey ho, my preference would be for her family to kill him. That's what I would be trying to do.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:33 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, as an ex-policeman and a nonce he will receive 'special' treatment from staff and inmates. He'll be in segregation, but they'll still wank in his mash...

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:51 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Don't worry, as an ex-policeman and a nonce he will receive 'special' treatment from staff and inmates. He'll be in segregation, but they'll still wank in his mash...

Was he a nonce? I haven't seen that one.

And yes, his life won't be pleasant. Thumbs Up

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:04 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Was he a nonce? I haven't seen that one.

As in 'not on normal courtyard exercise'. Doesn't necessarily mean a kiddie-fiddler, although apparently he was flashing to all and sundry in a Maccy-D just beforehand.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:13 - 01 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine the meltdown if that young lady had been black and killed by a white cop. It would have been epic, and I don't mean in a good way.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:09 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder about that. All the weirdo perversion stuff that came out in the press seem rather... convenient. I only say that due the contrived protests that "spontaneously" erupted.

But if we just go "yeah, bloke's a wrong'un" then shouldn't we be looking at his superiors and fellow police officers, surely they might have noticed his strange behaviour before? You know, like Jimmy Savile... oh wait... errr....

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:21 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know, like Jimmy Savile... oh wait... errr....

We have a history of not wanting to rock the boat...

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:05 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

He won't survive prison, one way or another. Be it by his own hand or someone elses.

Life sentence - absolutely. This could have been the first of many victims, or it may have been the last of many, we'll never know and now we don't have to devote a single ounce of thought to him ever again.

More worrying and what needs addressing is how he lasted as long as he did / got into the career position he did without any kind of testing picking up on his issues ( and then dealing with them).

Sacking the Dick woman won't fix that.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:08 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
Dick woman

transphobe alert

Mr. Green

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:39 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:

No, it won't but along with the salary and perks of a top job comes the responsibility of falling on your sword if underlings fuck up.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:43 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's kind of my point, make her hang around for the investigation and if it's then found that she was negligent then she can be suitably penalised for that. If you just sack her outright then nothing is learned and it costs her nothing professionally and that's not right.

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:52 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Another human that thinks the movies are real . . .

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:31 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reality in prison is that staff put sexual deviants on a pedestal. "They're a vulnerable category" oh? like the 5yo they molested?!

Anyhoo, they get they're own wing and priority in all things. For example, if the "normal" inmates were locked down due to staff shortages the kiddy diddlers would still be let out for exercise, jobs and so on.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:36 - 02 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Another human that thinks the movies are real . . .

No. I grew up on Prison estates. My dad was in the Service, as is my best mate currently.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:48 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he had murdered some poor underclass girl would there have been even the most cursory investigation?

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:00 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
He won't survive prison, one way or another. Be it by his own hand or someone elses.

Suicide watch for a few months then he will be left to it, probably dead within a year. Either that or he will fall in with a set of other equally aggressive and abusive inmates and get plenty of kicks, you have to remember prison provides an endless supply of victims for ba5tards like him.

UncleBFester wrote:
Life sentence - absolutely. This could have been the first of many victims, or it may have been the last of many, we'll never know and now we don't have to devote a single ounce of thought to him ever again.

See my above post, a police officer in his position could have been bumping off women left right and centre, his mistake was killing a pretty young middle class girl rather than some crack addict.

UncleBFester wrote:
More worrying and what needs addressing is how he lasted as long as he did / got into the career position he did without any kind of testing picking up on his issues ( and then dealing with them).

Because the police like any other large organisation is a cult and one thing that defines an organisation as such is a lack of capacity for self enquiry.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:05 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

Or prison-ships at the very least. Mad

Vicious punishment fantasy thread hijack gambit incoming:-
How about enforced sex change then stick him onto prison wing full of rapey nonces?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:44 - 03 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That fucking German cunt who crashed the Airbus into a mountside didnt get any sentence.
We trust those folk with our lives every time we climb on board.
There's some sort of vetting and continuous observations in the job but most of it lies in a trust matter.
And then largely, a hope that colleagues who are able to see one of their homies going a bit rogue can report and something can be done before disaster.

The Paki Bastirt who divebomed the runway should have been stopped but no one wanted to stand up to a seasoned pilot there.

That polis can rot in jail.
Every trip to the tiolet/shower/exercise yard could be his last breath too.
His only safety will be when his banged up in his cage. The horrible cunt.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:46 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Vicious punishment fantasy thread hijack gambit incoming:-
How about enforced sex change then stick him onto prison wing full of rapey nonces?

I dunno, I watched that film about the guy who made the Enigma machine in WW2. Enforced sex change is just not right Sad

Rapey nonces is just an eye for an eye, really.
I'd rather that it was a punishment that was v/e/r/y carefully controlled and manipulated by someone else, not some uncontrolled free-for-all.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:39 - 05 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:

I dunno, I watched that film about the guy who made the Enigma machine in WW2. Enforced sex change is just not right Sad

Rapey nonces is just an eye for an eye, really.
I'd rather that it was a punishment that was v/e/r/y carefully controlled and manipulated by someone else, not some uncontrolled free-for-all.

Robot dental drill controlled via the internet with a weekly lottery to control it?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 196 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2