Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Grunge bands

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:32 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.
OMG! He doesn't like the music I like! He's an idiot!

Laughing

Cable Tie, what instrument do you play, and what kind of music do you play with it?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Last edited by chickenstrip on 01:33 - 09 Oct 2021; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:34 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

See my edit.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:54 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

BCF sure is great entertainment! Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:07 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pixies are shite.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:53 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

but...but...they single-handedly invented the genre, what with their loud/quiet parts, their fast/slow bits, their unkempt long hair, their flannel work shirts, their aping of macho metal tropes, their seattle roots, their deliberately under-produced sound and their signing to Sub Pop instead of 4AD

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Islander
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oho, another sock/troll of the backscuttler genre Laughing
Andy Perrett This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:42 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
even Bowie cited them as their main influence.

For Tin Machine, maybe - which was rubbish at the time and is a forgotten chapter in Bowie's discography.

What you have to realise is that one of the common threads in all this that you've yet to mention is Husker Du. Francis has always held Bob Mould in very high regard, for various reasons. Novoselic also said that what Nirvana did was nothing new, it simply followed in the footsteps of Husker Du.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:35 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Pixies are shite.

In the same way that almost all modern alternative rock stems on from inspiration drawn from The Pixies. Bands like Radiohead and Nirvana, even Bowie cited them as their main influence.

Hendrix was a mug too. Shite, that Jimmy bloke. I bet you can play better. Rolling Eyes

Ok, I'm going to take you seriously again - think you must have been on something a bit strong last night Laughing

I'm not going to write the band off on the basis of one track. Just didn't get anything from that one. I'll get to your recommendations, and perhaps something else will work for me.

I'm often actually quite disappointed in a lot of Hendrix live performances that I see, but you have to see it in the context of the time he was around. And it's not just about the guitar playing with him, but the creativity that he brought to songwriting and how he put things together, much of which hadn't been seen before. Much of his music isn't actually that hard to play. Other artists I acknowledge their impact, but doesn't mean they do it for me personally.

When other people think the music I like is crap, I accept that we're all different Wink Trying to insult me over it just won't work, sorry Smile

Sometimes it exasperates me how every conversation on the internet can turn into a playground fight Laughing

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 12:51 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like a lot of this unpleasantness could have been avoided if Chickenstrip just installed Spotify on his phone... Laughing

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:14 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
I feel like a lot of this unpleasantness could have been avoided if Chickenstrip just installed Spotify on his phone... Laughing

i honestly use youtube more for this sort of thing (w/ firefox obvs)

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:

I have YouTube, Google etc. So for pity's sake lets not have a discussion about anything! Laughing

What can I say - I'm a dinosaur Smile

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:25 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

What you have to realise is that one of the common threads in all this that you've yet to mention is Husker Du.

I'll take a look at them too. Any tracks you'd suggest to start with? Linky, linky! Smile

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 14:26 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

i honestly use youtube more for this sort of thing (w/ firefox obvs)

Youtube is not as good at music suggestions, genre playlists or recommendations as Spotify is. I learned a great deal about different genres and eras of music from Spotify.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:29 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually into a couple of music reaction channels, and one in particular has been introducing me to a lot of stuff I haven't heard before.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:43 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP edited.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:58 - 09 Oct 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cable Tie wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
- I'm a dinosaur Smile

Which brings us nicely along to Frank Black's neighbour (really) - Dinosaur Jr - Freak Scene.

Only really works on full volume.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV2kJ0rSfKU&ab_channel=jhiggvideo

Ok, decided to look at this one straight away.
Yes, quite like that! Smile
Verses sort of a bit like 90s jangly guitar, but like the noisy bits best!
Second guitar solo sort of reminiscent of The Damned?
Fits nicely in the mix.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 171 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5