Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Politics today.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic : View next topic  

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:02 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. Every time I try to think about what a "great reset" might mean, I keep running into brick walls. The idea seems to encompass so many different facets, each of which seems problematic, as far as solutions go, in its own right.

I don't think social engineering on national scales has ever been successful, never mind on a global scale.

So,

Lord Percy wrote:
Probably won't be good anyway. Never is Laughing

Probably.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:04 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's just one question to ponder: who has the right to decide how everyone must live?
And a second question: who has the wisdom to decide how everyone must live?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:25 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

Here's a question then. If the Great Reset is a real thing, and all these world leaders, global corporates and the rest are determined to push ahead with it, what are you going to do about it?

Exactly. As ive pointed out before, conspiracy theorising about the rich and powerful is pointless as there's nothing we can do about it. The real focus should be on the conspiracy theories the R&P have about us, because they do have the power to act on those theories. I call this my Inverted conspiracy-theory theory Laughing

The question really is, what do they think about us and what actions do they take based on those theories. Understand this and you can then develop a far better picture of what might be going on.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:07 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems like a behavioural psychology issue. The ad men have supposedly been right on top of that shit since the latter half of the 20th Century. Personal I don't rate people very good at reprogramming people on a large scale, AI does a much better job.

This is one of the reasons I'm totally relaxed about the takeover by our Lizard Overlords. Being a computer programmer I'll always be viewed as a privileged class so it's hair shirts for thee and not for me Wink

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:23 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
I don't know. Every time I try to think about what a "great reset" might mean, I keep running into brick walls. The idea seems to encompass so many different facets, each of which seems problematic, as far as solutions go, in its own right.

I don't think social engineering on national scales has ever been successful, never mind on a global scale.

So,

How do you know you haven't been "socially engineered", you may even be just some swarf on the workshop floor. Shocked

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:03 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:

So,

How do you know you haven't been "socially engineered", you may even be just some swarf on the workshop floor. Shocked

That's what I often feel like, believe me Laughing

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:06 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

This is one of the reasons I'm totally relaxed about the takeover by our Lizard Overlords. Being a computer programmer I'll always be viewed as a privileged class so it's hair shirts for thee and not for me Wink

That's what I love about it all. Everyone assumes they won't be in the untermensch classes Laughing But it is often the case that even some of those who engineer the changes end up being discarded. You have to keep an eye on the trends, and keep reinventing yourself to avoid that. So forget having principles, they'll get you killed eventually.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:48 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
My take on the great reset (when a guy taking the "it's a conspiracy" slant showed me it), was that it's a general discussion around the future of society as automation takes over.

The key points I saw were:

- Automation is taking jobs
- We will end up with society divided into two sides: 1. The engineers/programmers/managers, and 2. The Useless Classes of people who don't need to work

So the question is, what can be done about the Useless Classes.

The answers are things like Universal Basic Income.

The next problem is: What are the risks in this impending new social divide? Governments could create a UBI, but only give a pittance and let people starve, or they could use a UBI for political means, e.g. a "means tested" UBI which is really a case of "we'll give money only to those who will do as we desire (vote for us, go to war, etc)".

That's what I saw from the WEF stuff. Rather than it being any kind of big conspiracy, it was an important discussion about what's going to happen next in the world.

Or we go this way https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328813/

Grim like only the Russians can do. Ive started watching it and downloaded the book on Kindle.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:56 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:

Or we go this way https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2328813/

Grim like only the Russians can do. Ive started watching it and downloaded the book on Kindle.

A film by Aleksei German. Oh, that's gonna be terrifying! Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:35 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
. Being a computer programmer I'll always be viewed as a privileged class so it's hair shirts for thee and not for me Wink

You are an AI and I claim my five ponds.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:30 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Easy-X wrote:
. Being a computer programmer I'll always be viewed as a privileged class so it's hair shirts for thee and not for me Wink

You are an AI and I claim my five ponds.

The men in white coats and the black Maria will be round shortly to pick you up Wink

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:44 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
My take on the great reset (when a guy taking the "it's a conspiracy" slant showed me it), was that it's a general discussion around the future of society as automation takes over.

The key points I saw were:

- Automation is taking jobs
- We will end up with society divided into two sides: 1. The engineers/programmers/managers, and 2. The Useless Classes of people who don't need to work

So the question is, what can be done about the Useless Classes.

The answers are things like Universal Basic Income.

The next problem is: What are the risks in this impending new social divide? Governments could create a UBI, but only give a pittance and let people starve, or they could use a UBI for political means, e.g. a "means tested" UBI which is really a case of "we'll give money only to those who will do as we desire (vote for us, go to war, etc)".

That's what I saw from the WEF stuff. Rather than it being any kind of big conspiracy, it was an important discussion about what's going to happen next in the world.

Robots cost more than humans. You can make a new human tonight by screwing your girlfriend tonight, cumming in her, and wiaiting 9 months.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:53 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Robots cost more than humans. You can make a new human tonight by screwing your girlfriend tonight, cumming in her, and wiaiting 9 months.

Human: A Non-Linear Servo-Mechanism Weighing Only 150 Pounds that Can Be Produced Cheaply by Unskilled Labour

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:55 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I seriously doubt that. You've missed out the costs of raising and educating it upto the age of 21. Plus the risk of killing it or it being killed or spazzed or stupid or Jack Butler Rolling Eyes

I'd go for the robot Very Happy Yeah, the robot.

Last edited by Tracey Suntan-King on 09:22 - 14 Nov 2021; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 13 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women are always the worst, aren't they? Laughing

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:09 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

The men in white coats and the black Maria will be round shortly to pick you up Wink

But of course that's what an AI would say Laughing

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Wasn't really on about proper humanoid sci-fi robots.

More along the lines of general automation which we see already in loads of places. Rather than thinking of androids, think of clever programmed one-trick devices that can collectively do more and more profit-making tasks in place of humans.

Actually that reminds me of another question asked in the WEF stuff I saw.

Robots don't pay tax. The fact that Amazon is aiming to have a 100% automated system within the decade raises a serious question about income tax (or its lack thereof) and the fact that there will have to be a new calculation based on productivity. A robot tax. Something like "robot taxation by man-hours equivalent".

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:53 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:

Robots don't pay tax. The fact that Amazon is aiming to have a 100% automated system within the decade raises a serious question about income tax (or its lack thereof) and the fact that there will have to be a new calculation based on productivity. A robot tax. Something like "robot taxation by man-hours equivalent".

It raises serious questions on how much a liability excess humans will be soon as far as governments are concerned.

Maybe 9 billion humans on the planet where in excess of 8 billion will be useless to societyor a burden. Will those people in charge decide they aren't going to support a huge amount of unproductive ex workers? When the climate change cuts food production and we get mass migration from the tropics to the temperate zones due to starvation.

The old adage of robots meaning we all have a life of luxury I don't believe is going to happen before something a lot worse does.

Or am I being very pessimistic?

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:01 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trouble with more automation runs into mankind's twin problems. If people aren't working the rate of obesity will increase and in parallel power requirements increase.

For the sake of the planet and the human race in general it may be better if inefficient humans actually do the work.

At least until we have harnessed fusion as a source of energy rather just as a weapon.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:26 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:

For the sake of the planet and the human race in general it may be better if inefficient humans actually do the work.

Tell that to any CEO and they'll laugh at you on their way to sign the dismissal letters.

Really, we need this reset so priorities are changed from money to something else. Sadly I'm not clever enough to work out what and I'm not sure who is.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:32 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not so sure that millions, or billions of people will sit around idly while governments engineer a society in which they're all redundant anyway. I think governments or whoever is trying to run the show might find a parallel world of work and industry springs up. People will just find that the powers that be are irrelevant to them. Question

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:45 - 14 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure this has been mentioned before but the evolution of humanity definitely seems to have a cycle of "invent new convenience, create more leisure time." That's what Nature/Ghia/God/Evolution/Whatever has created: a creature that adapts their environment rather adapting to their environment - the ultimate general purpose, multiple niche, pain in the arse of a being Wink

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:47 - 15 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

I seriously doubt that. You've missed out the costs of raising and educating it upto the age of 21. Plus the risk of killing it or it being killed or spazzed or stupid or Jack Butler Rolling Eyes

I'd go for the robot Very Happy Yeah, the robot.

Assuming you believe in supply and demand, if there are tens of millions of unemployed then the value of labour falls below the capital and operation cost of the robot. The only time the robot becomes competitive is when employment and wages for manual jobs become higher than the capital and opoeration cost of the robot. The child was going to be educated anyway, robots or not. Parents tend to be pushy about getting their kids educated. Also as an aside the purpose of robotics is not actually employee cost reduction but defect reduction. Robots themselves are not magic, they are quite labour intensive, most people don't seem to realise this. When it comes to humanoid robots they are incredibly expensive and the vast number of actuators means there is always something to go wrong.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:45 - 15 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always recall the case of an old boy I knew who used to cut sheet metal as a trade. Made redundant in his 50s due to computer-controlled plasma cutters. "Learn to code?" nope, he ended up a temazepam addict Sad
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 133 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7