Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Best online place to sell my bike?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 16:56 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nobby the Bastard"]In that case I'm going to call you a cockwomble and be done with it. WD was very gentle when he explained what your bike was worth.

Chinese stuff is generally shit when they design it themselves. They can't build a jet engine for toffee.[/quote]

I always feel a bit sorry for the types I come across on forums who's main triumph in life seems to be insulting strangers on the internet for no other reason than their needing to convince themselves they aren't losers.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:59 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

WD gave you perfect advice. You chose to be an arsehole about it.

This is payback.

No doubt you've been told that you've blown your beans in some bird at got them pregnant and thats why you need a car. Chances are it was actually Dave who did the dodgems at the fair 7 months ago.

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:19 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying 'you went full retard' is a gentle rebuke on your lack of wisdom
If I want to be insulting I can do much much better than that.

Vehicle depreciation is a fact of life.
Its pretty steep curve that only levels out after say 5-6 years
Go out and buy a brand new bike/car for say £10000 for instance.
As soon as you plonk your bum on the seat and ride it home its a second hand vehicle worth say £8500, £9000 if lucky

This applies to even top quality vehicles not just cheap Chinese bikes
produced 24/7 from one of (literally) hundreds of factories.

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:24 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nobby the Bastard"]WD gave you perfect advice. You chose to be an arsehole about it.

This is payback.

No doubt you've been told that you've blown your beans in some bird at got them pregnant and thats why you need a car. Chances are it was actually Dave who did the dodgems at the fair 7 months ago.[/quote]

If you were able to contain whole paragraphs in your head you would have known that my reaction was to his insult and not is advice.
The reason you would have known that is because I clearly differentiated between the two.
The reason you didn't know it is because you are clearly a bit dim.

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 17:31 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="WD Forte"]Saying 'you went full retard' is a gentle rebuke on your lack of wisdom
If I want to be insulting I can do much much better than that.

Vehicle depreciation is a fact of life.
Its pretty steep curve that only levels out after say 5-6 years
Go out and buy a brand new bike/car for say £10000 for instance.
As soon as you plonk your bum on the seat and ride it home its a second hand vehicle worth say £8500, £9000 if lucky

This applies to even top quality vehicles not just cheap Chinese bikes
produced 24/7 from one of (literally) hundreds of factories.[/quote]

In that case, you don't seem to even understand the meaning of the words you use then.
Someone is retarded when they are incapable of learning regardless of of how much experience they have with something. . . not when they happen to not have had experience of something at all.
As you have likely had experience of new bikers not knowing certain things and continue to use the wrong term and learn that you are using the wrong term, ironically that is a more exact example of being retarded :)

Having said that, I take your meaning that it was a general phrase you were using.
lol, I will admit that I lose my cool when strangers insult me on forums so tend to hard charge at them even beyond what is merited. The fact that I haven't learned to take it easy in such exchanges would actually be an indicator that I am retarded.

Your advice otherwise is very useful. Thanks.
As I said, I chose this particular bike as I really love the form factor and the only alternative was the Honda CBR125 but there were none available over the summer and no indicator as to when there might be so I went with this.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:48 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You then went full retard when you decided full retard is incredibly uncomplimentary.

Twat.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:53 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the reply page, stop ticking the box for BBCode where it says ignore markup.

You can say whatever you want about reasons for purchasing new but your bike will still only sell for about £1300 or £1400 at the most.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:54 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
[I lose my cool when strangers insult me on forums so tend to hard charge at them

Are you a grown man?

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:01 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
I lose my cool when strangers insult me on forums

Bruh. This is the internet, words only hold the power over you that you give them yourself.

Some guy on here calls me autistic, etc and my reaction is to continue fapping over the hentai I was already looking at on one monitor while scrolling the forum on the other.

Chill out bro.

Mysteriass
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:06 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:

Having said that, I take your meaning that it was a general phrase you were using.
lol, I will admit that I lose my cool when strangers insult me on forums so tend to hard charge at them even beyond what is merited. The fact that I haven't learned to take it easy in such exchanges would actually be an indicator that I am retarded.

I think you're taking it a bit harshly.

We're all supposed to laugh at you. And in turn you're supposed to see the funny side and laugh at yourself as you eat the loss.

It's nothing personal. Really.

Have you ever stripped the oil sump bolt off the bottom of an engine? I have; I went "Full retard" with a 3/8 socket on a sump bolt. I kicked myself so hard that I sold all my motorcycle gear at a loss because I couldn't face up to my own level of stupid. If somebody had just laughed at me about it at the time then I might have got over it, took the loss, fixed it and carried on like I should have.

"You stripped the sump bolt" is kinda the bikers equivalent to "but you screw one sheep". You never live it down. "Hey isn't that guy the retard who stripped his sump bolt? Hah, fucking loser."

The other thing about being "jibed" on a forum is that even though everyone is calling you names... they're vicariously experiencing your pain - they're saying to you what they'd say to themselves if they were in your position. It's like voodoo and breaking a chicken's leg to heal your own. Once everybody has had a laugh we all get on with it and we all learn something.

Us mammal things are bizarre neurochemical creatures.

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:51 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
Pretty sure the square root of fuck all isn't £1,200 Smile

It is if you're lucky. Mr. Green

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 20:18 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mysteriass: I'm happy to laugh at myself for lack of experience/knowledge. It's actually a sign of maturity and intelligence to know that one can be a complete dumbass at times.
Being just plain insulted though is a different matter. Internet or not, when someone insult me I let them have it. It is the way.

@Fat Angry Scotsman: Fair point but each to his own. I prefer to scorch anyone who is nasty for it's own sake.

@Ste: Yes I'm a grown assed man. that's why I don't take shit from anybody.
And, I don't know how to quote. I click quote but it won't let me edit so I have to quote the whole thing. I see that BBCode box is auto ticked. What does it do?
Poita This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:22 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

What wd put wasn't an insult. This is. Cocksucker.

Whilst im here, me and Grr666 are.planning on meeting up Thursday lunchtime for a pint, somewhere between St Anne's and Filton. Give us a shout if you want to join in, wd.

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 20:27 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biting back at trolls, especially trolls that have been on the online community a lot longer than you have, is never a good idea realistically.

I know people have been douchey towards you, but as it's going I predict you'll exit the forum within two weeks. If you ignored them and took the good parts of the advice, you'd probably do OK here. It's actually a fun place. There is light touch moderation, user based auto moderation and generally a good atmosphere.

People have been overly harsh, I acknowledge that, but nobody is going to get their posts deleted or be banned for using bad words. The worst that happens is the thread gets moved to fights and flame wars and everyones karma will take a hit.

Normally the attitude shown in early replies is reflective of the attitude of a users initial posts, and how they respond is something of a test. It's probably not a 'nice' test, but that is nevertheless how it ends up working.

I don't want to say it's OK for people to be dickheads to each other here, but I guess in a way that's what I am saying. I don't like it, but there is a price to pay for not having overly restrictive moderation, censored words, insta bans, facebook jail equivalents etc etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

gbrand42
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 21:22 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to point out that in the time you have spent trying to defend your position and get all hurt about the perfectly sound advice you have already received here, your Chinese folly has probably lost another £200 of value.

It's a disposable white good, second hand washing machines don't fetch a lot either.

Oh and......

Poita wrote:
And, I don't know how to quote.

I do, its really easy Mr. Green

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:38 - 08 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
The fact that I haven't learned to take it easy in such exchanges would actually be an indicator that I am retarded..

Phew, we got there in the end then..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:41 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:
@Fat Angry Scotsman: Fair point but each to his own. I prefer to scorch anyone who is nasty for it's own sake.

I haven't given any number of fucks greater than 0 about what anyone's opinion of me is since I left high school mate. This is your one and only life mate, don't waste your energy on something as trivial as your online honour.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 20:05 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poita wrote:

Shame.you aren't very good at it.

smokin joe
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 20:30 - 09 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a good time of year for selling bikes. The weather is crap and even long term experienced bikes shut up shop for the winter, wait till spring if you want to get a decent price or bite the bullet and let it go for what you can get.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:22 - 10 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP isn't this guys mate is he

https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/598531371382478?media_id=0&ref=share_attachment

Sounds like he did his CBT, waited a few months to buy a bike (brand new Mutt Mastiff 125), rode it 31 miles home and fell off, now wants to sell it for £300 less than he bought it for (with a scuffed exhaust and brake pedal) as he is too scared to ride it Laughing

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:52 - 11 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nobby the Bastard"]What wd put wasn't an insult. This is. Cocksucker.

Whilst im here, me and Grr666 are.planning on meeting up Thursday lunchtime for a pint, somewhere between St Anne's and Filton. Give us a shout if you want to join in, wd.[/quote]

The problem with you insulting me though is that you are clearly such a low grade human being that I just don't care.
I imagine you just mumble insults and profanities as par for the course even when you are alone.

And as for your invite to meet up which is clearly a threat. I'm sorry to disappoint you but I live in a world of adults not school children.

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 22:56 - 11 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarJay wrote:
Biting back at trolls, especially trolls that have been on the online community a lot longer than you have, is never a good idea realistically.

I know people have been douchey towards you, but as it's going I predict you'll exit the forum within two weeks. If you ignored them and took the good parts of the advice, you'd probably do OK here. It's actually a fun place. There is light touch moderation, user based auto moderation and generally a good atmosphere.

People have been overly harsh, I acknowledge that, but nobody is going to get their posts deleted or be banned for using bad words. The worst that happens is the thread gets moved to fights and flame wars and everyones karma will take a hit.

Normally the attitude shown in early replies is reflective of the attitude of a users initial posts, and how they respond is something of a test. It's probably not a 'nice' test, but that is nevertheless how it ends up working.

I don't want to say it's OK for people to be dickheads to each other here, but I guess in a way that's what I am saying. I don't like it, but there is a price to pay for not having overly restrictive moderation, censored words, insta bans, facebook jail equivalents etc etc.

The error in your thinking is that just because I object and fight back when people are unnecessarily a dick to someone doesn't mean that I can't take it.
So your prediction as to how long I would stay on the forum is ill founded.
Yes it's a fact of live that lightly moderated forums are playgrounds for ayoles but that doesn't mean people have to take shit from them and not give as good as they get.

Poita
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 23:00 - 11 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

gbrand42 wrote:
I would just like to point out that in the time you have spent trying to defend your position and get all hurt about the perfectly sound advice you have already received here, your Chinese folly has probably lost another £200 of value.

It's a disposable white good, second hand washing machines don't fetch a lot either.

Oh and......

Poita wrote:
And, I don't know how to quote.

I do, its really easy :mrgreen:

If you are going to comment then at least try to understand what you are commenting about. Especially when I specifically point out what I am and am not objecting to.
But I'll remind you again. I both acknowledged the useful advice that was given and also made a separate comment about the 'way' in which it was given.
It is your own imagination that brings concepts of being 'hurt' into the proceedings. I happen to object to insults so call people out on them. There is no feelings of 'hurt'. There is just an objection to those who like to shit on people.
Poita This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 165 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4