I Hate Insurance Companies

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Fat Angry Scotsman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:39 - 15 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
Yeah even on a motorbike there's two things I'm especially wary of: c*nts on bicycles thinking they need a tank's width of road and anything with a TFL sticker in the back window. Best to treat the latter as radioactive and manoeuvre around them accordingly Smile

Fucking 100% agree with cyclists that get butthurt I don't give them a massive berth as I go past, yet are happy to pedal through the next red light we come to. Fucking cunts.

Also fucking hate cunts that deliberately try to position their cars and vans to stop me from filtering. Fucking annoying as it makes no difference to their journey time at all. Fucking cunts.

Another bunch of cunts are the cunts on those fucking e-scoots. Fucking loathe these cunts and they are multiplying fast. The police don't even care about them here, seen a couple times e-scoots blast through reds in Glasgow City Centre past police cars and all and not a single copper fuck was given. Fucking cunts.

One thing I have noticed now about riding is that I am able to pick out the people that will pull out in front of me in advance a lot more now. I generally go past junctions now saying "see me you cunt, see me you cunt, see me you cunt" and then it goes either "good you cunt" or *rev bomb* "fuck you cunt". Fucking cunts.

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:17 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
And that's exactly why we've got dashcams on all our cars. There's always three sides to the story and the video's usually the one that's correct.

Yep. Got front and rear dashcams fitted to the fleet after I was hit by a drunk and drug driver who tried to do a hit and run, I managed to chase him down, whereup he chased me around with a lump of wood with a nail in it. Police got involved and insurance paid out, eventually. Since then, not taking any chances!

Polo wrote:
Devil's advocate but do you know that road? If I knew the road I'd have hung back as the 2 lanes become 1 at the other side of the junction. Defensive riding/driving and all that.

Not insinuating nothing, just my tuppence. He clearly wanders into your lane so would expect 100% in your favour.

Yeah to be fair I had no idea the two lanes merge into one after the junction, and there were no advance traffic signs or road markings to indicate this is the case. As his nose was ahead of mine, I'd have braked sharply and pulled behind him once we'd got past the junction. As it turned out, he went into my lane before the junction.

I know it looks like an innocent accident on his part but I get this all the bloody time from London minicabs, I think they probably acknowledge the buses and the black cabs legitimacy to use the bus lanes but anyone else in them they intentionally try to block the lane by pinching into about the first 25% of it, whether it's approaching a junction or whether they're stationary on a straight piece of road and I'm coming up the inside of them, they'll see other vehicles coming up the bus lane and intentionally pull into it to block our progress. Honestly, I'm not just being dramatic, paranoid or delusional! Laughing

I've even had them screaming out their window at me.

If they're going to try to take the law into their own hands I just wish they'd do their fruking homework first!!!

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 01:22 - 16 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
Also fucking hate cunts that deliberately try to position their cars and vans to stop me from filtering. Fucking annoying as it makes no difference to their journey time at all. Fucking cunts.

This is exactly the same mentality that the majority of London minicab drivers have with the bus lanes.

Fat Angry Scotsman wrote:
One thing I have noticed now about riding is that I am able to pick out the people that will pull out in front of me in advance a lot more now. I generally go past junctions now saying "see me you cunt, see me you cunt, see me you cunt" and then it goes either "good you cunt" or *rev bomb* "fuck you cunt". Fucking cunts.

You definitely develop a sixth sense for cretin road users and learn to examine their vehicle's 'body language' to determine whether they're going to try to kill today or not.

modellista
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 14:05 - 18 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a relatively independent observer, the video doesn't show what I expected it to from your description. The description "intentionally rams" is a bit much TBH.

The video shows you following a distant white car for a minute, you are sometimes in the bus lane and sometimes in the regular lane, the other car is consistently in the offside lane. You return to the bus lane and accelerate so you catch the other car.

The other car then starts to drift across to your nearside lane, with both wheels over the solid white line before the front of your car is level with their rear.

Despite this warning sign, you continue with your undertake, and the other driver continues his drift, neither of you adjust your speed or course until the inevitable contact happens.

What is not in your favour is that this all happens as the two lanes merge to one, at a junction. Therefore there was a reason for the other driver to do what he did, other than alleged malice - he was taking a position central to the single lane he was approaching. While he was incorrect to drift slightly over the disappearing white line, and obviously should have checked his mirrors, I can't see any justification for the "intentionally rams" description other than paranoia.

On your part, undertaking is dubious at best, especially at a junction.

I think you'd be lucky to come out of this 50:50.

DUCAUDI
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:53 - 19 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

modellista wrote:
As a relatively independent observer, the video doesn't show what I expected it to from your description. The description "intentionally rams" is a bit much TBH.

It's called clickbate. 'Ram' is a bit extreme, yes, but as far as I'm concerned it was totally deliberate on his part. He was trying to impede my progress and this became even more apparent to me from his attitude and the things he was saying when he got out of the car.

modellista wrote:
The video shows you following a distant white car for a minute, you are sometimes in the bus lane and sometimes in the regular lane, the other car is consistently in the offside lane. You return to the bus lane and accelerate so you catch the other car.

Watch it back again. The only TIME (singular) I come out of the bus lane was to pass a parked car. Also note the steady and consistent speed I was travelling at. I was on cruise control the whole time and at no point did I accelerate or drive erratically speeding up/slowing down.

modellista wrote:
The other car then starts to drift across to your nearside lane, with both wheels over the solid white line before the front of your car is level with their rear.

Again, gotta call BS on this. I've just watched it back and the front of my vehicle was definitely ahead of the rear of his vehicle before he entered my lane. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and just remind you that fisheye dashcam lenses always make objects appear much further away than they actually are, even with this in mind however having re-examined the video I can still see despite this fisheye effect that the front of my vehicle is clearly ahead of the rear of his before he crossed the line as you can see from the photo below he is on the line (but not actually crossed it yet) and I am a good 50% up the side of his vehicle and too late to do anything:
https://i.ibb.co/ssbwLZ8/crossingtheline2.png

modellista wrote:
What is not in your favour is that this all happens as the two lanes merge to one, at a junction.

Nope. Again look at the photo above and how much room there is between us and the junction ahead. It doesn't happen as the two lanes merge. They merge after the junction. And I would also point out again that there is no pre-warning that the two lanes become one after the junction, otherwise I'd have happily hung back had I known.

modellista wrote:
Therefore there was a reason for the other driver to do what he did, other than alleged malice - he was taking a position central to the single lane he was approaching. While he was incorrect to drift slightly over the disappearing white line, and obviously should have checked his mirrors, I can't see any justification for the "intentionally rams" description other than paranoia.

What disappearing white line? It's a solid white line all the way up to the end of the junction!

modellista wrote:
On your part, undertaking is dubious at best, especially at a junction.

Undertaking or passing on the nearside. Call it what you like but buses do it all the time so why should taxis as permitted bus lane users be any different? It's the whole reasons bus lanes exist so that vehicles permitted to use them can make progress!

modellista wrote:
I think you'd be lucky to come out of this 50:50.

It's already been settled in my favour.

https://38.media.tumblr.com/b5ab4303277b6074e8edd3b97dd405a1/tumblr_nw90viuU7e1rdutw3o1_400.gif

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:46 - 19 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotatoHead2020 wrote:
All due respect, stop moaning on here and start chasing them properly. Call them up every day or every hour if you need to. Drop in the words Ombudsman, FOS Reportable Complaint, Material Distress and Financially disadvantaged.

Search the FCA register for contact emails and ceo email . Com

Couple of points.

You can't raise a complaint with FOS till it has been through the insurance companies complaint team. They have 8 weeks to look at it. Only if they issue a deadlock letter or exceed the 8 weeks can you then go to FOS...

But here's the real rub. As the OP is going through the 3rd party ins co. Which they are not a customer of. They can not raise a formal complaint Laughing

DJP
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:04 - 20 Nov 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, the OP has now received a satisfactory interim settlement (the personal injury claim is still ongoing).

It's just that they could have saved themselves (or rather us) a lot of money by writing the same cheque 5 weeks ago.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 129 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2