Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Motorbike mechanic simulator

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

adam277
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:53 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Motorbike mechanic simulator Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loAgUForS0k
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1078760/Motorcycle_Mechanic_Simulator_2021/

Anyone tried this?
Looks like quite a relaxing game might also be useful for those who are not savvy with a spanner.
Yea, doubt it includes stripped bolts and the like but still looks fun.

Then again I have different tastes as I quite like fishing games Mr. Green

xX-Alex-Xx
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:10 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it include customers who insist they've done nothing wrong but you find a set of their keys in the cylinder when you open it up? Laughing

ThunderGuts
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:13 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

xX-Alex-Xx wrote:
Does it include customers who insist they've done nothing wrong but you find a set of their keys in the cylinder when you open it up? Laughing

That's quite good. Many years ago I managed to leave a nitrile glove in the airbox of the car I was working on. Fortunately it was air-side not engine-side, so it got caught by the filter and caused the car to conk out - no damage done and lesson learned.

Does the app have an "errant bolt setting" where you seem to have n+1 bolts (where n is the number of bolts you take out, but to worry the learning mechanic an extra bolt is quietly added to the workbench when nobody is looking).

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to take a lead from Car Mechanic Simulator which is reasonably interesting - I've played the last two iterations. For anyone who hasn't they're basically virtual jigsaws with bells on.

The car one has a lot of fans so it's easy to do things like replace all the made-up maker/model names with their real world, copyright infringing equivalents Smile Jumping from cars to bikes though... while similar the bike version is quirky and annoying and only has a small selection of very American style bikes.

My Summer Car is the real deal. Without modding you have to eyeball all the bolt sizes Shocked

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
My Summer Car is the real deal. Without modding you have to eyeball all the bolt sizes Shocked

Saw a review of this a while back and it looked really fun. When I was a teenager a mate had a (original) mini that was made of random bits of other minis, and was constantly breaking down, the points needed regular sanding, and one of the engine mounts was dodgy which lead to the exhaust mount shearing off every few miles. Which meant you had to wait for the exhaust to cool, then fix it back on with a wire coat hanger (he kept a pile on the back seat). There was no money or equipment for proper fixes so everything was bodged. The whole thing was a pain in the arse, but at the same time I've got really happy memories of that period, and My Summer Car really seems to capture that, somehow.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:09 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Zen Dog"]
Easy-X wrote:
There was no money or equipment for proper fixes so everything was bodged. The whole thing was a pain in the arse, but at the same time I've got really happy memories of that period, and My Summer Car really seems to capture that, somehow.

When I was 17 my friend had his first car, a Mk3 fiesta that he bought for £50 from his uncle (who had planned to scrap it). It was a complete POS made of more rust than metal, but we absolutely loved it.

It had the most ridiculous sound system (bright green sub woofer, component door speakers, and 6x9's cut in to the parcel shelf), and we used to take it to all of the local "street race" spots on a Saturday night. Great fun for teens.

Anyway, I remember one of the engine mounts failed and the whole gearstick would move about 8 inches backwards when accelerating. When we looked underneath we could see the engine lift as we engaged the clutch with the handbrake on and the car in first.

We did what any sensible 17 year olds would do, I laid on the floor in front of the car whilst my friend put the car in gear and let the clutch up slightly.... yes, trusting a 20 year old hand brake to hold the car and not run me over.

Then, trusting both the 20 year old handbrake and the shagged clutch to hold out, I literally passed my arm through the gap between the engine and mount to pull my sisters skipping rope through the gap, then lashed up a shitty skipping rope engine mount to stop the engine from moving.

It worked too, we must have done two thousand miles like that before it was eventually scrapped.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:17 - 09 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
When I was a teenager a mate had a (original) mini that was made of random bits of other minis, and was constantly breaking down, the points needed regular sanding, and one of the engine mounts was dodgy which lead to the exhaust mount shearing off every few miles. Which meant you had to wait for the exhaust to cool, then fix it back on with a wire coat hanger (he kept a pile on the back seat). There was no money or equipment for proper fixes so everything was bodged. The whole thing was a pain in the arse, but at the same time I've got really happy memories of that period

When I was 17 my friend had his first car, a Mk3 fiesta that he bought for £50 from his uncle (who had planned to scrap it). It was a complete POS made of more rust than metal, but we absolutely loved it.

It had the most ridiculous sound system (bright green sub woofer, component door speakers, and 6x9's cut in to the parcel shelf), and we used to take it to all of the local "street race" spots on a Saturday night. Great fun for teens.

Anyway, I remember one of the engine mounts failed and the whole gearstick would move about 8 inches backwards when accelerating. When we looked underneath we could see the engine lift as we engaged the clutch with the handbrake on and the car in first.

We did what any sensible 17 year olds would do, I laid on the floor in front of the car whilst my friend put the car in gear and let the clutch up slightly.... yes, trusting a 20 year old hand brake to hold the car and not run me over.

Then, trusting both the 20 year old handbrake and the shagged clutch to hold out, I literally passed my arm through the gap between the engine and mount to pull my sisters skipping rope through the gap, then lashed up a shitty skipping rope engine mount to stop the engine from moving.

It worked too, we must have done two thousand miles like that before it was eventually scrapped.[/quote]
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 140 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1