Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

New Zealand to ban cigarettes for future generations

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic : View next topic  

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:03 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
hellkat wrote:
Both NZ and Aus had those disgustingly graphic pictures of gangrenous mouth and scabby knobs on their fag packets at least ten years before the UK took up the practice.

One of the UK ones has a picture of an eye on it that I'm 95% certain is actually a dogs eye.

Bill Hicks wrote:
What I do, and I know all smokers do this. You know how every cigarette pack has a different surgeon general's warning on it, how cool. Mine say, "Smoking may cause fetal injury or premature birth." ...fuck it. I found my brand. Just don't get the ones that say, "Lung Cancer," ya know, shop around. Hell gimme a carton of them Low Birth Weights. What the fuck do I care? 'Why you so down Bill?' Low Birth Weight. Yeah, I'm smokin' way too many Low Birth Weights.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 10 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did like Bill Hicks, bless him. Wub

I haven't quite grasped this "rolling age ban" thing, I seem to understand it as if :
If Rangi is 10 in 2001.
And the law comes-in in 2021 and states that everyone under 31 years is not allowed to buy fags.
So the next year, the law changes and everyone under 32 years is not allowed to buy fags. So Rangi is still fucked.

Rolling Eyes my maths is shite these days ...

And then the next year, everyone over 33, etc etc ad nauseum.
So everybody born at 2001 is not EVER going to "be allowed" to buy fags, right up until they are ... how old?

I kinda agree about the prohibition thing, though. That was how the mobsters got their feet on the floor. The drugs-problem in NZ is mostly run (allegedly) by onepercenters and Chinese. So who's going to run the prohibition fags? My money is on ze Russians.

I reckon Jacinda is going to find it difficult to be "a tough leader" but I also reckon if she somehow manages to do so, then she will be awesome in a completely different way than when she started.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:11 - 11 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
I did like Bill Hicks, bless him. Wub

I haven't quite grasped this "rolling age ban" thing, I seem to understand it as if :
If Rangi is 10 in 2001.
And the law comes-in in 2021 and states that everyone under 31 years is not allowed to buy fags.
So the next year, the law changes and everyone under 32 years is not allowed to buy fags. So Rangi is still fucked.

Rolling Eyes my maths is shite these days ...

And then the next year, everyone over 33, etc etc ad nauseum.
So everybody born at 2001 is not EVER going to "be allowed" to buy fags, right up until they are ... how old?

More or less. Rangi is ok though because he is over the cutoff age. He bought his first packet of fags legally when he was 18 back in 2009 and can't kick the habit. He'll always be legally allowed to buy them.

Jonah however is not. He was born in 2008 (which makes him 14 next year) and he can never legally buy fags ever. He's been sneaking them out of his mums handbag since he was 12 and should have been given a thick ear a long time ago.

You could think of it as a rolling cut-off so next year anyone under 14 is banned from buying fags (which they were anyway). in 2023 the age will be 15. In 2024 tha age will be 16. It's not until 2026 that anyones current liberties would be infringed. That's when Jonah would turn 18 but he's still not allowed to buy fags. He'd better either quit or buy a vape bacause his Mum's already getting fed up with his shit and is going to kick him out of the house.

I think it's easier to just think of it as anyone born after 2008 is never allowed to buy fags.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:36 - 14 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fags are like fast bikes - pleasant some of the time, expensive and ultimately likely to kill you.

Banning them won't do any good because addicts will always find a way and that will lead to a prohibition scenario. I speak as a nicotine addict who has chosen not to smoke for the last 5 years....

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:23 - 14 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

My father-in-law was on the phone earlier with the quit smoking ppl, he smokes ~a dozen roll-ups a day. Bird on the phone said her previous call the guy was smoking 60 to 80 cigarettes per day Shocked FFS, where do ppl find the money?!

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:04 - 14 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
My father-in-law was on the phone earlier with the quit smoking ppl, he smokes ~a dozen roll-ups a day. Bird on the phone said her previous call the guy was smoking 60 to 80 cigarettes per day Shocked FFS, where do ppl find the money?!

£30 to £40 a DAY!!!!! Shocked

Jesus, thats 2 to 3 litres of rum. Wasted

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:58 - 14 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:
guy was smoking 60 to 80 cigarettes per day Shocked FFS, where do ppl find the money?!

if you buy your baccy off the back of a lorry, its a lot cheaper Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 130 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3