Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Johnson's lies and the sleaze?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but he only apologised for doing what his own Minister told us we shouldn't do the same day, when he was caught doing it himself. Then he tried to make out that it was 'work', so his apology wasn't actually an apology because he didn't think he had done anything wrong.

Its not surprising MPs from all parties had a go, because his actions are those of a manipulative child.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:54 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he was grassed up by Cummings who drove to Barnard Castle.to check his eyesight was okay.

Fuck the lot of them.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:00 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone's saying Boris broke the rules. He stayed in his house all day.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:52 - 12 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its actually the best thing to happen to the conservative party.

Get rid of the buffoon, he has done his usefulness,Get someone in who at least should be sitting in my lap.

https://i2-prod.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/article16641437.ece/ALTERNATES/s1200c/1_JS168339530.jpg

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:36 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never let it be said that Boris couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! Or the office, in a garden...

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Labour are drooling over the possibility of ever getting back in. However, the last thing Labour need is to be in power.

The Tory voters don't want much. Steady increasing gradient in house prices, decent pensions, it's all fairly realistic.

Labour's voters want either a free or heavily subsidised house in an urban area (250k-500k), or house prices to dramatically fall which would collapse the economy, free university tuition, more foreign aid etc etc. And Labour can't possibly hope to deliver these things so backlash from their disappointed supporters is likely to be swift and nasty.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:03 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

TaffyTDM wrote:

I assume you mean IOPC

As you have done so much research you will doubtless be aware that officers also have discretion. Nobby is right, for pretty obvious reasons a met cop on protection duties is not going to start writing tickets for the principles they are protecting otherwise to do so would be seriously detrimental to the balance of privacy and efficiency, and would make such operations impossible in the future.

Anyhow I for sure do not want to get some police oficer to get punishied for Johnons antics. Just does not make any sense for police to say they do not have evidence whilst been present there all the time surely.

You can laugh all you want at Bulgaria but my father in law was a colonel in police investigation unit and they have investigated many people including government ministers and I have not seen the interference I see now hapening in the UK. The hard thing in Bulgaria was convicting somebody, because with a lot of money and good lawyer a lot of people got off the hook on technicalities.

In the UK I see the courts working way faster, but if police do not investigate there will be no conviction. Which makes the police a judge and jury.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:23 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and I have not seen the interference I see now hapening in the UK.

What interference?

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:10 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
Labour are drooling over the possibility of ever getting back in. However, the last thing Labour need is to be in power.

The Tory voters don't want much. Steady increasing gradient in house prices, decent pensions, it's all fairly realistic.

Labour's voters want either a free or heavily subsidised house in an urban area (250k-500k), or house prices to dramatically fall which would collapse the economy, free university tuition, more foreign aid etc etc. And Labour can't possibly hope to deliver these things so backlash from their disappointed supporters is likely to be swift and nasty.

Free university tuition is a bad thing and all Conservatives think so.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 21:16 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lib dems felt it was shit as well. At least when they sided with the enemy when Cameron became PM they did.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:20 - 13 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
The lib dems felt it was shit as well. At least when they sided with the enemy when Cameron became PM they did.

Less said about the LibDems the better. They would turn faster than a catherine wheel if they thought there was a vestige of power to be gained.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 03:46 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:

Not technically they don't! The age group who got free University are Gen X and Boomers, i.e the people who mostly vote Conservative! But I agree in that they think giving free University to other people is bad thing, but giving it to themselves is a good thing!

As for Labour, their problem isn't so much making future Uni free, which can absolutely be done by slashing place numbers. The problem is all those Gen Z and millennials who paid tuition fees while those older and younger got it for free. They will want their debt cleared, and that will cost a lot, and thats assuming you don't refund the debt payments.

My view? Ehh I'm not sure. My real objective is to remove the burden holding people back from having kids, houses etc. Currently for millennials and gen Z the best economics option is lying flat. That's NOT good.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:18 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very rich or dirt poor - kids no problem. It's the ppl in the middle that got sold the dream... "I had my career and now I'm my late 40's why don't men want to date me?!" Crying or Very sad

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:

The way university education and the culture of universities seems to be going, I think it's becoming in large part useless anyway. Maybe the STEM subjects are still surviving...so far. But I think the rot will reach there too. The whole thing needs an overhaul. What was the point in trying to get everyone into university education if they're just going to waste their time on a load of dross? Universities were supposed to be about the best and the brightest. I see their value being undermined.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:20 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

The way university education and the culture of universities seems to be going, I think it's becoming in large part useless anyway. Maybe the STEM subjects are still surviving...so far. But I think the rot will reach there too. The whole thing needs an overhaul. What was the point in trying to get everyone into university education if they're just going to waste their time on a load of dross? Universities were supposed to be about the best and the brightest. I see their value being undermined.

Agreed. University should be free but it should also be WAY more selective. I got free tuition, I also had to do a fuckton of work to get in. They only too the top 5th percentile of applicants on my course.

It's what they do in India for their tech institutes. You pass the selection, it's funded. You don't pass, you don't go.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 14:29 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main reason why higher education is pushed so much in the UK is because then people join the job market later.

The alternative is that people retire earlier or spend several years on average claiming benefits, which doesn't really help anyone.
YPVS This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Flame). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

YPVS wrote:
When only 25% of students are ever expected to pay back their student loan, is University, as well as the spends of a few years they spend on the p1ss, not already free to 75% of students then?

I know you don't have kids at University by this statement alone...

One of mine has finished and owes over 40k, and is already having money deducted from his pay as a result, plus it cost us as parents about 5 grand over the 3 years he was there to keep him alive.

One of mine is in his 1st year. It has already cost us well over a grand to buy him a decent laptop, books, travel pass, gym membership etc, and I have just paid a deposit on a house for him to rent next September. Not a cheap do.

My youngest is in her 2nd year of A Levels and she will be going next year, so there will be much more to spend there as well...

So no, it isn't free to those of us with middle incomes.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:32 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course Donk doesn't have kids. You have to get it wet to make babies.
YPVS This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.
YPVS This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:50 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Firstly, why can't they work part time or full time in the holidays?

They did/do. Some of the money went on fun, some went on food and clothes, just like yours does.

Quote:
Why should tax payers who choose to work their way up, or fund their own career development, pay for those who choose to work dodge for a few more years?

Its called civilisation and investing in people who will eventually pay your state pension. Remember that the NI you pay doesn't go towards your state pension, rather it goes towards people who are already receiving it.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:03 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Remember that the NI you pay doesn't go towards your state pension, rather it goes towards people who are already receiving it.

Yep, only goverments can run ponzi schemes like state or civil service pensions.

The NAO does look at whether they will be affordable based on projected income now and in the future though.

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:

You can blame Mr Blair's 'degrees for everyone' policy. Soon, very soon when the kids realise they can make double the average grad salary with a job on the tools things should change
- the richest people I know drive white vans etc.. But then of course they won't get the 'Uni Experience' Rolling Eyes They are some still worthwhile degrees but like many thinks in life you have to
choose carefully and you also have to have the intellectual currency.

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:08 - 14 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Soon, very soon when the kids realise they can make double the average grad salary with a job on the tools things should change

It is happening. My eldest came back after getting his degree in nutrition, looked at the job market and is currently working for a building company whist training as a brickie because he can earn over60k at that if he goes abroad in a couple of years. He wants to use his degree at some point, but not before he's built his property empire...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 100 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 3 of 17