Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Johnson's lies and the sleaze?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: The end of Johnson's lies and the sleaze? Reply with quote

The end of Johnson lies and the sleaze?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/why-johnson-should-be-worried-by-disastrous-by-election-defeat/ar-AARU5DU

Good riddance to him Laughing

https://i.imgur.com/JRe8ET4.gif
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:26 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardly a ringing endorsement for the official opposition either.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:11 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frightening thing is it's him or the horror show waiting in the wings. Just proves you can't rely on politicians to make life better, whatever their colours. The best thing is to keep them out of people's lives as much as possible - all of them.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:27 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

God forbid we end up with Priti Vacant or that Rees-Mogg thing.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:05 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

A protest vote of exaggerated importance. If you’re inclined to vote Labour or Conservative but are dissatisfied with the current lot you vote Lib Dem, a halfway house which won’t do much harm. Labour should be more worried that they still can’t land a punch.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:09 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't think of a Tory I'd feel safe with right now. Sadly I think Michael Gove is the best they can do at the moment, and he's a bell-end...

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 13:19 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Sadly I think Michael Gove is the best they can do at the moment, and he's a odious little cunt...

FIFY

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:55 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
lies and the sleaze

It’s a popular, idle slur from those who’d prefer another brand of politician, but Johnson and the Tory party aren’t uniquely or even especially prone to ‘corruption.’ It’s not like this is… oh, I dunno… the EU or Bulgaria, is it?. Wink

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:05 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Literally up until reading this thread I was "Get boosted? Get Bent, Boris!" but as Val has chimed in I'm now fully in support of our Dear Leader.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:10 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
I can't think of a Tory I'd feel safe with right now. Sadly I think Michael Gove is the best they can do at the moment, and he's a bell-end...

I'd go for Richi Sunak out of all of them.

Labour need to ditch Starmer, get in Andy Burnham and ditch the old left. If they did that they would win but that just isn't going to happen. Maybe, just maybe Labours unwillingness to sideline Abbott and co. wil result in the Lib Dems renaissance.

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:16 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

I'd go for Richi Sunak out of all of them.

He can stay Chancellor I'd have Steve Baker for PM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:46 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voting Conservative just seems to deliver more Labour/Lib Dem policies like the never ending refugee deliveries and "woke" PC stuff. Tories can have Priti Fatti or Richboi Suckat if they like, it's their party, I'll just stay at home unless a decent alternative party stands in my seat if they are on the national ballot.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:03 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I'll just stay at home unless a decent alternative party stands

For shits and giggles let's make the BCF party.

It's not like we could do any worse than the rest of them manage to get away with plus the sleaze and corruption could be quite lucrative.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Can I be Environment Minister? I'd give everyone PV panels, an electric scooter and a ruck-sack. Job done.

Im-a-Ridah
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
I'll just stay at home unless a decent alternative party stands

It's not like we could do any worse than the rest of them manage to get away with plus the sleaze and corruption could be quite lucrative.

We need to remove the London dominance of the Civil Service first. At the moment it almost doesn't matter who you vote for, the whole machinery of government is just totally dominated by the London elites viewpoint. Ideally move parts of it to places that London Civil Servants would refuse to live, Hull or Newcastle for instance Smile

Definitely not: Bristol, Brighton, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Basingstoke, Reading, Birmingham.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:33 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im-a-Ridah wrote:

We need to remove the London dominance of the Civil Service first. At the moment it almost doesn't matter who you vote for, the whole machinery of government is just totally dominated by the London elites viewpoint. Ideally move parts of it to places that London Civil Servants would refuse to live, Hull or Newcastle for instance Smile

Definitely not: Bristol, Brighton, Oxfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Basingstoke, Reading, Birmingham.

Milton Keynes. No one wants to live there.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:45 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know that permanent secretaries have to be in close association with their minister?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:55 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
You do know that permanent secretaries have to be in close association with their minister?

Priti and Sir Philip, sitting in a tree,
K I S S I N G

or maybe not that close. Laughing

Zen Dog
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Just proves you can't rely on politicians to make life better, whatever their colours.

Seems quite the jump. A bunch of obviously incompetent, over-privileged chancers, pushing anything they thought would get them votes, and with no plan how to implement it, turned out to be exactly that? Not exactly a revelation, is it.

People getting exactly what they voted for seems like a triumph of democracy, if anything.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:03 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:
Can I be Environment Minister?

Yeah sure, why not?

Diggs wrote:
I'd give everyone PV panels, an electric scooter and a ruck-sack. Job done.

Give everyone electric scooters and you'd be out of a job no matter how many brown envelopes stuffed full of cash you came up with.

Solar panels are good but we need power banks to go with them.
Im-a-Ridah wrote:
We need to remove the London dominance of the Civil Service first.

Yeah sure, why not?

It could be spread around all the different shit holes there are in the country and there's no shortage of those to choose from so it would be easy.
Nobby wrote:

That sounds like unnecessary bureaucracy to me so rules like that would be binned.
Zen Dog wrote:
A bunch of obviously incompetent, over-privileged chancers, pushing anything they thought would get them votes, and with no plan how to implement it, turned out to be exactly that? Not exactly a revelation, is it.

Calm your white male privilege down. Thumbs Up

Would you like a job with Blue Micro Chilly Willy Systems?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:27 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen Dog wrote:
chickenstrip wrote:
Just proves you can't rely on politicians to make life better, whatever their colours.

Seems quite the jump. A bunch of obviously incompetent, over-privileged chancers, pushing anything they thought would get them votes, and with no plan how to implement it, turned out to be exactly that? Not exactly a revelation, is it.

People getting exactly what they voted for seems like a triumph of democracy, if anything.

Ah, a political heavyweight! Fix it all for us would you? Laughing
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:45 - 17 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
Quote:
lies and the sleaze

It’s a popular, idle slur from those who’d prefer another brand of politician, but Johnson and the Tory party aren’t uniquely or even especially prone to ‘corruption.’ It’s not like this is… oh, I dunno… the EU or Bulgaria, is it?. Wink

I would not be so sure. We just had an election and kicked out the old organised crime mafia boss educated in former communist police academy that was ruling the country the last 10 years.

Bulgaria new PM is a Harvard educated and his main winning election policy is to fight corruption.

Granted 30 years after the removal of the communist government seems a little bit too late...30 years ago I was on the streets hoping to change things. Which never happened. Now I have friends that have been on the streets last few years and managed to remove the scums and are MPs now. I do have some hopes Very Happy

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
God forbid we end up with Priti Vacant or that Rees-Mogg thing.

I agree here. I was thinking Theresa was bad and then Johnson replaced her. And she looks like very decent person to me in comparision Laughing

to v or not to v
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:29 - 18 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:

Bulgaria new PM is a Harvard educated and his main winning election policy is to fight corruption.

some people will believe anything.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:34 - 18 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diggs wrote:

Was just about to "agree with this post" but I spotted Nobby's more eloquent contribution. So he got the karma.

Soz Diggs x

Last edited by Tracey Suntan-King on 15:40 - 18 Dec 2021; edited 1 time in total

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:26 - 18 Dec 2021    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Harvard educated" is that a euphemism for "Soros funded" ?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 123 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17