Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

The end of Johnson's lies and the sleaze?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:32 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't a.reskident of mums net complain about the lack of moderation and the general behaviour here resulting in cross forum invasions?

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:37 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurlz are weak! Only gurly boys go to mumsnet.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:37 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Didn't a.reskident of mums net complain about the lack of moderation and the general behaviour here resulting in cross forum invasions?

Are you saying Bhud is leading a retaliatory strike from Mumsnet? Laughing

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ESHXxInoAs

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:39 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like it. The level of butthurt is similar from memory.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:43 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, relax and take it easy. I'm not from mumsnet. Mumsnet wouldn't leave even a single one of you standing. It would be like Connor McGregor vs Reg Trotter.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:44 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just fucking up this Walt thread in retaliation for what that fantasist did when I shared my thoughts on something he couldn't begin to grasp.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:46 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've worked on jobs were they wouldn't let me in the door without a whistle. "You want your shit fixed or not?" Not if you think you're coming in looking like that! And so there are forums where you stick rigidly to the topic in hand, no time for banter or levity, and they're drier than the Mojave Desert Neutral

Again, who is threatened by a few topics in the non-motorbike bit of the forum going off the rails? Generally the bike areas are about bike stuff and generally when ppl go "you know why you're having trouble getting fairings for your super sport? Brexit!" they're sent packing.

Actually I think I see: the whole problem with this forum is that it doesn't have a system as such and relies more on the individual actors to work, like a reflection of the world.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:55 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a sort of fascination with this forum as well.
I genuinely don't understand why people should feel drawn or compelled to certain others. It's first-stage civilisation, at best. Members of a tribe think a guy's old, so he must be wise, to have faced all those mammoths and sabre toothed tigers, yet still be alive. This is sort of reinforced if they can help you with an old bike. However, it isn't justified. Whenever I've met such people in real life, I've found them to be closed minded. They think they already know everything about everything. They listen to the same music as when they were 17. In some cases still live with their dad, in their dad's house. I have never met one, EVER, who understood the challenges of the modern world. They are basically the products of a social welfare system and a society with excellent, modern healthcare which is also relatively safe. So yes, the forum is interesting.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 15:59 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Actually I think I see: the whole problem with this forum is that it doesn't have a system as such and relies more on the individual actors to work, like a reflection of the world.

Perhaps.we should get an ai to moderate.

In all seriousness, half.the world is complaining about heavy-handed moderation on social media but yet here we have the complete opposite. If its legal its allowed and if you think someone is behaving like a cunt, call then a cunt.

You'll soon find out if anyone agrees with you....

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:06 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got to admit when I've been wrong. I used to have the same idealism as most of you lot. I used to think, rules are more like guidelines, humanity can be trusted to regulate itself, etc. However, this is the result. The forum is being squeezed out. Heavily moderated social media is the norm, and people flock to it because they want it. As of late, the role of AI in moderation has been increasing. I think the likes of Zuckerberg want to wash their hands of all moderation, because it's caused them legal problems and it costs a lot to enforce different rules in different jurisdictions. But if you had a box where everyone could do as they pleased, you basically have Fight Club, and it all degenerates to barbarism. Because of the countercultural push back against authoritarianism in the last century, we are sort of conditioned to distrust organisational systems. However, can this (e.g. the sort of thing that happens BCF) scale in the same way as Facebook, Reddit, Instagram, etc.? I'd say no. People don't like it. Another complicating factor is that social science experiment where they showed that people show no remorse or guilt when applying electric shocks to each other for giving wrong answers to problems or questions. Even when they're deadly... So we're basically still apes, the human era is drawing to a close, people are voting with their feet and voluntarily heading towards something new.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 16:16 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarcasm is wasted etcetera.

Easy-X
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:56 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud wrote:
But if you had a box where everyone could do as they pleased, you basically have Fight Club, and it all degenerates to barbarism.

Have you seen Fight Club? I don't want to be unkind but it sounds like the sort of comment someone would make if they'd heard of Fight Club.

Fight Club (for my money) was about finding weak points in a system and applying acupuncture accuracy in excising dead tissue to bring about change.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:04 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easy-X wrote:

Have you seen Fight Club? I don't want to be unkind but it sounds like the sort of comment someone would make if they'd heard of Fight Club.

Fight Club (for my money) was about finding weak points in a system and applying acupuncture accuracy in excising dead tissue to bring about change.

Yes I've seen it.

I disagree that Fight Club was about identifying weaknesses in a system. That (i.e. identifying weaknesses in a system) can be used to justify any destructive act. There was no computer hacking and reporting back to the network admin, in that movie. That movie had terrorist cells being set up, men looking for a sense of purpose and belonging being brutalised in an ultra-masculine cult, and buildings falling down.

I think there's always a danger of seeing everything through a narrow lens, e.g. network security. However, the movie was not about that. It was about a descent into barbarism. Nothing productive came out of that. It was all destruction. You note that the lead character was dissatisfied with his perfect flat and his perfect Ikea furniture as his perfect "solutions to modern living". But look at what they represent. Perfect geometrical forms. Form and function as one. Mass manufacture and virtues of engineering over an intangible "quality". It was a normal, average man with a desk job, becoming a bestial degenerate. It was just a bad outcome. The movie was a warning.

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:10 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of degenerates, Alexander de Pfeffel Johnson is a name that immediately springs to mind. Laughing

I think he's gonna survive this one. The next one, he won't.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:16 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobcat.jpg

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet Bhud uses the term “boomer” without irony.

Meddlesome millennial fuckwit.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:28 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/hJKisoc.png

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeem ouzzer wrote:

I think he's Teffers reincarnated

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeem ouzzer wrote:

OK boomer

redeem ouzzer
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhud
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

redeem ouzzer wrote:

OK boomer

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:31 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
redeem ouzzer wrote:

I think he's Teffers reincarnated

Teffers? Deed? Nooooooo

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:44 - 22 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of not dead then maybe he's been cross breeding with B0rg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 01:18 - 23 Jan 2022    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:

Teffers? Deed? Nooooooo

Nah, he's still typing his latest reply.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 2 years, 87 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 14 of 17